Elden Ring no spoiler tags friendly exploration thread
  • Currently trying to beat the trio in front of the giant pot statue. I find it pretty easy to beat one of them but to roll around that consistently for that long is a lot.

Also I’ve read about one of the endings and now I’m kind of worried I’ll cock everything up by missing the wrong npc in the wrong place. I kind of wish there was just one ending.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Absolute ganked Mohg 2. Poor bastard never even able to stand up and get his vampire mega move off.

Was that the one down in the Crypt? I took him down with gusto and relish.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • No, the one in his temple like a fucking Saint Seiya villain. He wanted to marry an egg for some reason.

In related news, Prelate Big Red Hammer with Quickstep, it is to lol.
  • Currently trying to beat the trio in front of the giant pot statue. I find it pretty easy to beat one of them but to roll around that consistently for that long is a lot. Also I’ve read about one of the endings and now I’m kind of worried I’ll cock everything up by missing the wrong npc in the wrong place. I kind of wish there was just one ending.

Since finishing I've been able to go back and complete a few other quests, even by missing out some of the necessary steps, just because I have the relevant items they need. Yeah. Pain in the arse to get all the endings I think
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I got cuddled by some fingers and set fire to a woman and I seem to have upset a few people. I've got no idea what's going on in this game.
  • Made it back to the big tree wot's on fire now, up to what I guess must be the final boss sequence. I'll go tidy some other sidequest shit and missing equipment up, then I'm probably hitting pause on this 'til the DLC drops.
  • So what do we think we will get for DLC?

(This is the spoiler thread, right?!)

Miquella will feature, somewhere and somehow? Also, I expected to fight Godwyn at some point in side quest. Yeah he’s dead, but also not dead. Or something. Thought Fia was gonna birth his son or something weird? Instead, we got the Fortissax fight. Which was fine, I loved that. But there was so much Godwyn in all the lore that I expected him. 

There were also a couple of something-eyed queens mentioned in the lore.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I’m cheating a bit but it makes sense to me but ranni with her “cast” rune might work.
  • n0face wrote:
    I got cuddled by some fingers and set fire to a woman and I seem to have upset a few people. I've got no idea what's going on in this game.

I think you have to make a tough choice with her. She becomes a the part of the fire or you become some kind of nutter Elden lord. You can theoretically recover it but you have to embrace becoming insane first.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    So what do we think we will get for DLC?

(This is the spoiler thread, right?!)

Miquella will feature, somewhere and somehow? Also, I expected to fight Godwyn at some point in side quest. Yeah he’s dead, but also not dead. Or something. Thought Fia was gonna birth his son or something weird? Instead, we got the Fortissax fight. Which was fine, I loved that. But there was so much Godwyn in all the lore that I expected him. 

There were also a couple of something-eyed queens mentioned in the lore.

Yeah I don't bother reading any of the text, so my theory is more along the lines of "there'll be some more caves and some more two-stage bosses & yet more magic that I'll totally ignore"
  • n0face wrote:
    I got cuddled by some fingers and set fire to a woman and I seem to have upset a few people. I've got no idea what's going on in this game.
    I think you have to make a tough choice with her. She becomes a the part of the fire or you become some kind of nutter Elden lord. You can theoretically recover it but you have to embrace becoming insane first.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • I only got in this situation trying to do quests.

Has anyone managed any quests through to the end without googling?
  • I bet even Miyazaki has to use google.
  • n0face wrote:
    I only got in this situation trying to do quests. Has anyone managed any quests through to the end without googling?

Yes, I did Ranni without Googling. And Dung Eater. And Nepheli. And Fia/D. And Millicent. 

Had to Google shabriri grape location for Hyetta. Googled Seluvis just now for NG+. Didn’t even do or complete a few others like Rya.

Most of the quests/character arcs are really short anyway. Only Ranni’s one seems long.
  • Just been doing dung eater. Glad I googled as I’d forgotten to follow up on a different quest line that overlapped, so I went and finished that first and then went back to dung man.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I’m now in a town where I have to light fork handles and it’s a complete nightmare with hidden chaps and arrow men.
  • How did you get along?
  • Still flying through NG+. Capital almost lost me again. Got the Grandax spear but no achievement popped?!

Also now did the regression statue malarkey. That seemed to progress Goldmask/Corhyn. But what’s this Radagon = Marika malarkey?!
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    How did you get along?

I got lucky with a couple of things - I had the sniper arrow and super moon so I could snipe some guys. The other cool thing was you only needed to do one candle per death.

The next area was a nightmare with all the branches and the tough enemies.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Still flying through NG+. Capital almost lost me again. Got the Grandax spear but no achievement popped?!

Also now did the regression statue malarkey. That seemed to progress Goldmask/Corhyn. But what’s this Radagon = Marika malarkey?!

That’s the lore my dude.

If you didn’t get the achievements and have all of them, try dropping and picking them back up. Items from previous patches often stop the achievement registering.
  • Better explains the demigod status for Ranni, Rykard and Radahn I suppose. Er no, I’m just thinking wrong. They merged or something? Rather than always been one?
  • I started watching Vaati’s lore video. Very good. Stopped partway as I should see all endings for myself first. 

Getting Seedbed Curses again is a nuisance. Have to go to Haligtree again!
  • Just spoke to Shabriri again. I got imbued last time after doing Fire Giant. Wonder what happens if I do it the other way round. Not going to though. Otherwise I’ll need to kill Malenia again for the needle.
  • Latenna is talking to me. Bitch didn’t do that last time.
  • Dayum. Maliketh causing problems in NG+. No problems with any other boss so far.
  • Beat Elden Beats easily (twice) on first playthrough. Struggling on NG+!
  • Well. That’s all achievements done! Disc ejected. 

What a journey that was.
  • I’m such a plum! Was getting a bit of fatigue with this because I couldn’t see way round the capital…. So just explored shit out of everything else…. At level 125 and it was getting a bit silly then whilst watching a terrible Nick Cage film thought about the dragon in the city and running up its back…. I’m super thick as that took me to Godfrey and now things open up again…. Dullard. Don’t want to Google but also don’t want to get stuck to my own stupidity….
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Well. That’s all achievements done! Disc ejected. 

What a journey that was.

Well done. That's.... Some achievement.

I've just entered the capital now after clearing around the volcano and altus plateau. Think level 100 or something with my large club up to +23. Briefly thought about using something else trying to beat the alecto gaol last night but then I beat her so the big club lives on

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!