Elden Ring no spoiler tags friendly exploration thread
  • Had a quick go at this after work, ran through, beat the red lion....dunno what anyone was complaining about ;)
    Stepped into next area and recognised start of Rev's vid and thought 'here we go then'.
    Cleared that area first though, then ran up the steps, dodged the balls and where i was expecting a lift instead go into a courtyard with a little silver Knight dude...who proceeded to knock my shield out the way and one hit kill me.
    Little bastard will have to wait though as I've got to go out now
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Heh yep he gave me a nice ohk too
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So yeah I killed her whoop.

And then other good successes tonight... killed my first dragon, the horse dude near the start, another tree guardian, a second wyrm, got a second thing unlocked at the four belfries (and fucking fuck me where that took me) and found a back door to the altus plateau.

Also got to another main boss... but it seems a bit shit?? I guess there's always one misstep per From have so I guess this is it. So I kinda bailed from there, gonna go exploring. Might try a different one third anyway, we'll see...
  • I found a cool night time area which is actually underground. It seems to be full of dangerous beast men though
  • I got to the witch. Stupid witch.

Also worked out that having a great rune and equipping a great rune isn't enough to get the benefits of great rune. Now i have done it, i still have the rune. Can i activate it more than once to boost stats again?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Use Run Arc, stays active til you die. Once dead, need to use another Rune Arc.
  • I've no idea about any of this rune stuff please explain someone. The rune arc thing is a consumable? I thought I used my first great rune from Margit to make an axe...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You get remembrances from all major bosses. These can be swapped for weapons or stuff, ala most of From's games.

Demigods give Runes also. These can be equipped at Grace sites. However you need to activate them at a Divine Tower before they are usable. Divine Towers will roughly be in the same area (as in that area, not directly next to it) as the Demigods. Stormveil's is, well, accessible from Stormveil. Others not so much.

Margit is not a demigod, hence no rune. Godrick is, and his rune gives a fantastic buff.

Runes give fantastic buffs, which when equipped are activated by Rune Arcs. If you have none equipped, a Rune Arc gives a HP buff as default. If you use a Rune Arc, the buff exists until you die. If you die, you need to use another Rune Arc to reactivate it.

Activating them, equipping them etc, is not required to beat the game, they are an additional bonus if you want them.
  • Cheers DS.

In other news I met a giant ghost stag. He gives you a cool ash memory summon.
  • Got to Godrick last night. Didn't beat him but I did get him down to a slither of health so I should be able to beat him today.

Also found a giant rotting dragon /monster down in the sewers who twatted me immediately so I don't think I can handle him yet.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    If I've used to rune arcs or arts of war or magic am I doing it wrong or an I leet player?
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    If I've used to rune arcs or arts of war or magic am I doing it wrong or an I leet player?

Same. Art of war just appears to reduce my weapon stats so haven't put it on.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Well I guess I've used one to somehow make my sword keen, but I never press L2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I've loads of rune arcs but never used one.
  • I never really use Art of War and also am hoarding my Rune Arcs.  I very rarely sumon ashen spirits.  There are far too many things to remember.  I basically just dodge and melee.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    o/
  • Found an early dungeon that I’d missed. Summoned my ash dudes (a pair of soldiers). Then the doorbell went so had to sack it off. Went back and obviously the game doesn’t pause, my soldiers had pretty much taken the boss out for me though. One hit and he was done.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I really ought to use them more. I have a fuckton of groveworts and graveworts or whatever they are. Could upgrade two legendary spirits I have.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Tbh you're just hampering yourself by not using what the game gives you. I use arts of war, my summons, all of it
  • You get remembrances from all major bosses. These can be swapped for weapons or stuff, ala most of From's games.

Demigods give Runes also. These can be equipped at Grace sites. However you need to activate them at a Divine Tower before they are usable. Divine Towers will roughly be in the same area (as in that area, not directly next to it) as the Demigods. Stormveil's is, well, accessible from Stormveil. Others not so much.

Margit is not a demigod, hence no rune. Godrick is, and his rune gives a fantastic buff.

Runes give fantastic buffs, which when equipped are activated by Rune Arcs. If you have none equipped, a Rune Arc gives a HP buff as default. If you use a Rune Arc, the buff exists until you die. If you die, you need to use another Rune Arc to reactivate it.

Activating them, equipping them etc, is not required to beat the game, they are an additional bonus if you want them.

Well that's very helpful. I must've missed where they explain that. I'm missing so much in this game. Went back to Stormveil and found the divine tower which I somehow completely missed lol.
  • Tbh you're just hampering yourself by not using what the game gives you. I use arts of war, my summons, all of it

Not because I want to. I just forget!
  • MattyJ wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:

Same. Art of war just appears to reduce my weapon stats so haven't put it on.

This. Am I reading the stats wrong, or does their use greatly offset the loss in stats?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It kinda depends, you may be changing the nature of the weapon to quality/keen/magic at the same time as applying the L2 thing, and those have different scanning characteristics which may better or worse suit your character
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The blacksmith seemed to give more options, in terms of independently choosing weapon category as well as the art itself? It maybe something else changed to allow me that (eg some item I got?), But that's helpful too...
  • Yeah there’s a whetstone that allows you to change the weapon to quality/keen etc when changing art of war.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ah right I guess I got that then :-)
  • Just riding around in any direction two-handing a great sword and laying waste to soldiers.
  • You get remembrances from all major bosses. These can be swapped for weapons or stuff, ala most of From's games. Demigods give Runes also. These can be equipped at Grace sites. However you need to activate them at a Divine Tower before they are usable. Divine Towers will roughly be in the same area (as in that area, not directly next to it) as the Demigods. Stormveil's is, well, accessible from Stormveil. Others not so much. Margit is not a demigod, hence no rune. Godrick is, and his rune gives a fantastic buff. Runes give fantastic buffs, which when equipped are activated by Rune Arcs. If you have none equipped, a Rune Arc gives a HP buff as default. If you use a Rune Arc, the buff exists until you die. If you die, you need to use another Rune Arc to reactivate it. Activating them, equipping them etc, is not required to beat the game, they are an additional bonus if you want them.
    Cheers. I thought it was a permanent upgrade, guess i should have thought about when to use it! ;)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You can farm rats (giant ones I believe) for Rune Arcs. It's a low drop rate but they do drop them.
  • i've been forgetting to use the LT special attack most of the game too, initially it was parry on my first shield and once that changed i kept forgetting to use it. the first art of war i got was a stomp thing that i never got the timing right in a scrap so just concentrated elsewhere.

however recently changed sword to a blood gang curved thing, and that has a nice two part special move thing so i've started using it a bit now. i've noticed though it doesn't seem to do the stealth kill thing from behind, does that only work with stabby weapons or am i just not positioning right?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!