Forza Motorsport (Not 8 - Reb00t)
  • The 'qualifying' setup sounds interesting.
    AI in racing games is always a tricky one to get right.
    Personally i prefer having to race through the pack, but this needs weaker ai to give you a chance to catch the leader. But if you then start on pole you run away from the same level ai and there's no challenge
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • SuperGT just about nailing it

It's good, great even in some specific settings, but there is definitely room for improvement. The practice sessions are good at the beginning so you can introduce yourself to tracks the first time they pop up in the career mode. I dunno how I'm gonna feel about a mandatory three laps at Laguna Seca every time there's a race there. Apparently you can skip practice at some point but I haven't got that option yet.
  • That sounds negative from me so here's a positive. Had a truly amazing race in the last round of the opening cup, at the short nurburgring circuit. For whatever reason (I haven't done a custom tune) my car wasn't too pacey on it. And when it came to selecting grid position, most places gave me a projected finish of 1st-3rd. And so, spent multiple laps eeking closer and closer to P1, finally taking it on the penultimate corner. Heart was racing.

That's Forza at its best.
  • I played an online race last night and thought I’d done a great time but qualified last and then had 1 error in the race and finished last.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Forcing myself to play in-car view at all times meaning I'm probably not as quick as I'd like to be. Will try MP shortly but have posted a time in the VIP rivals course.
  • I’ll have a look but I’m shite
  • I’ll have a look when the non-moran version drops.
  • I turned off ABS, fuck me im shit at this.
  • Forcing myself to play in-car view at all times meaning I'm probably not as quick as I'd like to be. Will try MP shortly but have posted a time in the VIP rivals course.
    I couldn’t see your time in the VIP part but I’m not sure if was friends with you Gav so I think I’ve added but I guess you have to accept me as well ?
  • Can't find a invite/request anywhere on the console. What's your gamertag?

Found the FOV sliders for the camera. Extra 5-8deg makes the cockpit one much better.
  • Can't find a invite/request anywhere on the console. What's your gamertag?

Found the FOV sliders for the camera. Extra 5-8deg makes the cockpit one much better.

Themagickman

• Day two and already Builders Cup is feeling grindy. I feel the whole practice thing makes each race in a series quite lengthy, and a whole series is a bit of a commitment. Stingy rewards um, stings, too. Also, cockpit view on Maple Valley in heavy fog should have been wonderful, and it mostly was, but fog doesn't display in the rear view mirror as well as it does in your actual gameplay view (which is understandable given the graphical horsepower needed for such a small thing) so the cars behind you are a fully lit model in a rectangle of grey. Quite the immersion breaker. But then I had a brilliant race on Mugello full after it and forgot all about it for a while.

When it's good, it's really really good. It's just sometimes you peek behind the curtain and it's just weird.
  • Got ya ;)

i6VqozR.png

Ooooof. At least you’ve got assists on. I can’t seem to nail the corners.
  • Wait, the practise sessions are mandatory?
  • Apparently you can skip them, but as far as I can see you have to load in and quit out, which kind of defeats the purpose. Silly design choice tbh.
  • Agreed, that's odd.  They must know that many, many of those of use who will play this have been with the series for years.  Not having a simple skip practise option seems daft.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That's completely counterintuitive to how Horizon ran, I'm not sure how that even got through
  • I hope its not counterintuitive to private lobbies. Eek.
  • Few days break and arrived back to a gauntlet thrown down by our Andy on the VIP rivals course. Third of a second to make up. Let's go, mate!
  • That'll be another half second, please, Andrew. Thanks.

Went into the "srs bsns" MP and won my first race. Class!
    FEzQff6.png

Qualified in 5th, got out the first bends in 2nd then took him on the corkscrew. Had managed to nail a really good line on it in that Civic. He was quick though, start of second lap he tried some fuckery first corner but I faked him out and he went flying off, hence his dirty dirty pens*

*that system seems really random, mind.
  • when's this out for us plebs/people with the sense to be patient?
  • That'll be tomorrow but you can play now if you change your consoles location to NZ.
  • Ta
  • I almost tried this last night but by the time i copied flight sim off the internal storage and then forza back to the internal storage, it was nearly midnight so didn't seem worth doing any time zone antics but also i was too tired to stay up any later.

Thank you for reading this interesting update.
  • I almost tried this last night but by the time i copied flight sim off the internal storage and then forza back to the internal storage, it was nearly midnight so didn't seem worth doing any time zone antics but also i was too tired to stay up any later.

Thank you for reading this interesting update.

Great, someone else who will have better times than me :-)
  • Played a little during a morning meeting.
    It's alright, not a bad racer but a bit dull and clinical for my liking
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I'm constantly getting distracted by the lack of real world ads on circuits and post-race menus. Feels kinda cheap after a 5-race cup, after all that qualifying and racing, seeing your driver celebrate on the podium with IKARAZU and EDGE POINT FUEL behind him. It's a weird one. Like, why didn't they pay for them? There are some on some courses but once you notice it you can't unnotice it.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Got ya ;)

i6VqozR.png

Ooooof. At least you’ve got assists on. I can’t seem to nail the corners.

How do you see this? I tried going into rivals , class a, that track (both options)....but wasn't showing any friend times.

Yet when i did the first career race you're all in the as drivatars.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!