Forza Motorsport (Not 8 - Reb00t)
  • In the rivals menu where you choose each event, highlight the event and I think it's either X or Y to go to leaderboards for that event, then tab across with RB to Friends.
  • Having said what I said I still managed about an hour's worth of career mode during my lunch break. So I suppose it's doing something right.

Just feels a bit unexciting
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • In the rivals menu where you choose each event, highlight the event and I think it's either X or Y to go to leaderboards for that event, then tab across with RB to Friends.
    Oh you said VIP rivals...is that moran only?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Moran & Deluxe, yes. Apologies.

There's a non-moran rivals in a Subaru BRZ we can all muck about on.
  • This seems very Forza so far.
  • OK, first couple of races done and I am surprising myself by liking the pelanties.  It was way too easy just to barge through the corners in previous games but that now comes at a cost, and I am driving differently because of that. So far so good.
  • Do you have to play through a lot of single player stuff to unlock cars in order to use them in multiplayer races, or is it like two seperate things and you can use whatever car in online races?
  • No you don't unlock cars. All are available, you just need to afford them and then use them wherever you want. It's parts and upgrades for each car that is locked behind Car Level's which can only be attained through driving it.
  • Ok so you still have to buy cars in SP before you can use them in MP? Is there money rewards for MP races?

Basically if I was to get this I don't think I'd be that interested in racing against the AI at all, if I could just play MP I'd be happy.
  • There's a non-moran rivals in a Subaru BRZ we can all muck about on.
    Found it ;)
  • And then the game just crashed on me! How bizarre, just during a cut scene too
  • Ok so you still have to buy cars in SP before you can use them in MP? Is there money rewards for MP races?

Yes you need to purchase them first in the majority of races but the intro MP series gives you a car to get started so it's a level playing field. Credit rewards are quite stingy so buy a car you bloody well better use it for a bit.
  • This bodes well. Super GT very much a GT player but seemingly enjoying the fair racing in multiplayer so far (general release may unleash the rammers). These look like great races...

Looking forward to dipping my toe soon.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I think I could like this. I'll still no doubt give up after a few hours, but so far it feels nicely streamlined for my tastes.
    I'm delighted it's just a list of different races and cups. i really don't care for a narrative in a racing game, don't care what my driver had for breakfast or what colour socks, don't need to run a racing team and deffo don't need some 'hello fellow kids' cool dude banter. i was a little concerned at the number of unskippable cutscenes at the start but it seems to have got them out the way and most bits you can now skip or are just a few seconds long.
    I don't care about upgrading either, so the autoupgrade path is really simple and streamlined (though i'm guessing even that is optional and if i didn't level up my car then my opponents would stay same level?)
    I'm also a big fan of the choose where to start bit. starting 12th, having the ai at a level where you are faster but it's still a battle to get top 3 and needs to be perfect to win over a short race is ideal for me.
    i like the racing line, i need this for racing games cos i just don't have the patience to learn tracks and braking points, but the forza one seems to strike a good balance between being a guide without being so clear cut and perfect that you simply follow it exactly.

and the driving seems pretty good. initially i tried with abs off, but struggled to get much feel for it and had to turn it on to get competitive in rivals time trial. so since going back to SP i've instead turned off traction and stability...this makes the car a bit lairy but just about manageable and so makes it a bit more fun and exciting (IMO) while cruising around the ai. then again i've only tried this with an AWD A3 so when it gets to RWD sports cars i might change my mind! :)
  • Moran & Deluxe, yes. Apologies. There's a non-moran rivals in a Subaru BRZ we can all muck about on.

Found this after completing a 5 race series with the BRZ, upgrading along the way. Could not get the rivals setup to turn a corner after.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Aye, similar to me going back and trying to best Ram's time. That back hairpin, I just can't nail it! Done about twenty laps last night, couldn't get close!
  • I went back to that TT last night just to test whether playing with traction and stability off made much difference to my times.
    In the end i did knock a couple tenths off, but took a lot of goes and initially was way off pace, and ruined a lot of laps going off the track. That little downhill left-right in particular was a right bugger and my best lap prob the only occasion i didn't lose about a second on that segment.

Also tried the first MP race. Messed up qualy by going on grass at end of second lap and inheriting a penalty for 3rd, so no laps counted.
    Started 8th, got two penalties in first corner when two people hit me (imo), got up to 2nd and then my soft tyres went off so i had to pit with 2 laps left, came out 10th and finished 8th. Good fun though, which for a racing game not with other badgers is a rare beast.
  • Yeah the MP with randoms seems rather civilised. I don't particularly like the way you need to book time in your day to go through it all but the sense of accomplishment at the end is pretty good tbh.
  • if there are enough for some badger MP i'd be up for giving that a go if schedules align. does FNF ever go motorsport or is it horizon only?
  • MP could be interesting.
    One thing I've noticed though is sometimes it's hard to tell where the front of your car is and there can be an unexpected bump even when you try mitigate.

Any recommended changes to the options for controls or FOV that I've missed?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • FNF was originally Motorsport back in the day tbh, but it did find it's true calling in the Horizon series. I'm up for it though! Doubt it'll have the legs, mind..

FOV wise, I've expanded it a few notches in cockpit view, only so I could see the diver side rear view mirror effectively.
  • if there are enough for some badger MP i'd be up for giving that a go if schedules align. does FNF ever go motorsport or is it horizon only?

I will give it a go, FNF or otherwise. FNF became horizon and i have a feeling some of the most regular attendees much prefer horizon so might be a tough ask.
  • I'll happily do some mainline MP Forza. Could be prior to FNF like we did with Wreckfest?
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Sounds a plan, Batman. I'll try open a early private lobby, something nice and gentlemanly.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Wouldn't be the same without Unlikely befriending randoms.
  • I need to get my wife to go on holiday or something so that I can have some Forza time.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Sounds a plan, Batman. I'll try open a early private lobby, something nice and gentlemanly.

After a certain someone has been banging on about this game for 3 years, you might be stepping on some oversized comedy shoes.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Oh, the racing gestapo? He can join if he's nice.
  • poprock wrote:
    I need to get my wife to go on holiday or something so that I can have some Forza time.

A worthwhile expense. You earn massive brownie points for a great present and you get some quality alone time with the Xbox
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!