Redfall: Arkane does open world co-op
  • Thinking back at the various reveals this got and.... Yeah. The almightiest of oof's.
  • Having said that I’d still be up
    For some co-op as it
    Might be more fun?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Everything is better in co-op. I’m sure there’s fun to be had if they can stabilise the net code.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Everything is better in co-op. I’m sure there’s fun to be had if they can stabilise the net code.
    I can have a laugh in urban champion on the nes. I could have a laugh with Wii Sports . Arkane have made some storming (and I mean STORMING) single player games, and this.... ain't it
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I don’t watch Skill Up reviews usually due to his spoilery nature. This was, for a change, clearly a public service announcement. It’s sad but also hilarious. 

The boss fights, the vampire chair, the 2 minute empty level. God, it really does need to be thrown away and they need to go make a solid next gen SP game.
  • Redfall isn't going to go away... It's gonna live forever!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Woke up, still sad the Prey team were responsible for this shit.
  • Don't usually like him but I watched the SkillUp and yeah, what an absolute shit show.

I had no hope for Starfield before... Now? Hahahahaha, christ. Good luck with that one lads.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Different teams Gav
  • Same company Paulinho
  • Same Publisher, very very different teams.

Starfield will not crash & burn.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Same as in Bethesda, sorry.

I think it will. I don't matter anyway. If y'all end up happy, then amazing, class, etc.

But anyhoo, Phil speaks:

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1654110635582537730?t=jepVyfcYrZKwkTAndGKbuw&s=19
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It wont it'll sell by the cuntload and deluded Scrolls fans will orgasm their mush about it being the second coming while it softlocks every mission, runs at 20fps and AI gets baffled by button inputs.
  • Same as in Bethesda, sorry. I think it will. I don't matter anyway. If y'all end up happy, then amazing, class, etc. But anyhoo, Phil speaks: https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1654110635582537730?t=jepVyfcYrZKwkTAndGKbuw&s=19

Yet another "we hear the feedback". Phil has missed every major target and bungled every AAA release for the past few years except Forza and Gears. He's a good service and hardware guy but his studio management is rough.
  • Also allowed myself an internal lol, because I was thinking to myself where an xbox or Bethesda peep would show up for the faux apologetic mea culpas and I guessed Kinda Funny - it's where Pete Hines went after Fallout 76.
  • Better than the Jedi Survivor official "we hear you" jpeg that basically blamed people for having odd PC setups.
  • EA's servers have been down all afternoon, can't play Jedi Survivor on May 4th. Class.

No I didn't know because fifa was affected, mind yo damn beeswax.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Same as in Bethesda, sorry. I think it will. I don't matter anyway. If y'all end up happy, then amazing, class, etc. But anyhoo, Phil speaks: https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1654110635582537730?t=jepVyfcYrZKwkTAndGKbuw&s=19

Yet another "we hear the feedback". Phil has missed every major target and bungled every AAA release for the past few years except Forza and Gears. He's a good service and hardware guy but his studio management is rough.

He's a great face and PR guy for sure, and can sound enthused about his company in a way no other can. They should use him as the face of the company and then dig up and reanimate Yamauichi to get shit done in back.
  • It wont it'll sell by the cuntload and deluded Scrolls fans will orgasm their mush about it being the second coming while it softlocks every mission, runs at 20fps and AI gets baffled by button inputs.

Maybe us 'Scroll fans like our AI baffled. It's safer that way.

• Yeah. Bethesda fans will love Starfield. Others will look on in bafflement. It'll do fine.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm an Elder Scrolls/Fallout fan. Can't see Starfield being enough of a dud to put me off playing it.

I am going to sigh heavily when I come across the factory where the robots have gone rogue and killed the handful of people working there though. Would kill for some fresh ideas
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    It wont it'll sell by the cuntload and deluded Scrolls fans will orgasm their mush about it being the second coming while it softlocks every mission, runs at 20fps and AI gets baffled by button inputs.

Maybe us 'Scroll fans like our AI baffled. It's safer that way.

Gonna miss the force camera zoom to face dialogue moment if it truly is gone
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    For me, Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim were special despite Jack. 4 I bounced so goddam hard off though. Rancid base building stiched on to a game already suffering from bloat.
  • Replaying 4 now.

Starfield will
    Be fine - can’t see it doing a Skyrim though
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm an Elder Scrolls/Fallout fan. Can't see Starfield being enough of a dud to put me off playing it.

I am going to sigh heavily when I come across the factory where the robots have gone rogue and killed the handful of people working there though. Would kill for some fresh ideas

Haha.
    What about the woman whose husband left to find something and she asks you to find him but you've already been down to that bandit camp and looted his corpse leaving his naked ass body for the rats.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Urgh. Don a whack tonight and that's plenty thank-you. How they got the point where no weapon has a kick back, where no cut scene is animated, where the map interface is not functional, I don't know. This makes me sad.
  • Oh dear.

Come with g if you want to live...
  • Bob wrote:
    Starfield will
    Be fine - can’t see it doing a Skyrim though
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Same Publisher, very very different teams.

Starfield will not crash & burn.

What world are you both living in lol. It's coming from a developer that is famous for releasing broken games. Starfield will be no different.

In fact, I think this will be their most broken release yet. Xbox brand is on a defined path to be binned.
  • Starfield will absolutely be ok. Every time Bethesda release a new game, it's always in a rough state, there's always outrage, it's always the last straw, it's always unacceptable and...people keep buying them and get hyped for the next title, which launches in a bad state. If Fallout 76 couldn't alienate their fans, nothing will.

That's not me dunking on Bethesda fans - i'm happy they love the games, and no-one makes games like them tbh so it's good at least one studio is doing what they do. It does mean that, imo, Starfield is a guaranteed hit, even if it launches rough. It doesn't matter.

Modders will fix it. Modders will make it better. The game will be played and loved for a decade or more. And there will be a whole bunch of people who play on console without mods who love it anyway.
  • Oh it'll sell bucket loads despite it being a broken and shit game.

And therein lies the biggest problem in videogames.

People buy shit games.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!