THE BIG PS3 THREAD
  • PSN should be back up now btw.
  • Yeah it's working again now, no idea what happened though.
  • Just technical issues by the looks of it.
  • Something to remember about Dust is that it is made by CCP, who have released 17 expansions so far (major content, gameplay and graphics updates) for EVE Online. So Dust 514 is going to be evolving constantly, and there's almost certainly going to be some really major changes and additions down the line. This is unlike most shooters that don't tend to change much past release, usually because the developer is working on the sequel.
    The consoles have a terrible history of this not happening to varying degrees. Sony and MS both charge developers to roll out updates.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It's something like $25,000 per update with MS, isn't it?  Expensive.
    Get schwifty.
  • I_R wrote:
    The consoles have a terrible history of this not happening to varying degrees. Sony and MS both charge developers to roll out updates.

Maybe not. Or not as much anyway.

""We have complete ability to service and update the game as much as needed," Brandon Laurino declared.

So patching won't cost $40,000, as it did Tim Schafer and Double Fine?

"We've worked out a framework where it's certainly not at that level, and essentially it's not even a thought, it's a completely trivial part of the equation," answered Laurino."
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I forgot that PS+ automatically takes the £11.99 out of your bank account monthly. Not too fussed now though as i'm getting all those free games. I never completed Space Marine.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    @gurt: sorry dude my daughters watching some minecraft stuff in bed so I can't use the laptop.
    Would be awesome if we could get in the same squad so we can chat there!

Letting knuckle have a try as he's over for the weekend while my gf is in newcastle seing her brother.

psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    I'll just keep going on top server thing hopefully I won't land a jeep on you!
    (Just figured how to get a lav) :)

Seriously bewilderd by the amount og dropsuits/skills/weapons etc.

Still aint got me a scrambler pistol and loads of folks with mini guns laying waste.

• If you have any questions at all about something in Dust just send me a msg. Cannot wait until the 29th, I'm not sure but I think that's when it might be going open beta.
  • I_R wrote:
    Maybe not. Or not as much anyway. ""We have complete ability to service and update the game as much as needed," Brandon Laurino declared. So patching won't cost $40,000, as it did Tim Schafer and Double Fine? "We've worked out a framework where it's certainly not at that level, and essentially it's not even a thought, it's a completely trivial part of the equation," answered Laurino."
    That's a very big plus, I just wish the game looked a bit more inspiring now.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    If you have any questions at all about something in Dust just send me a msg. Cannot wait until the 29th, I'm not sure but I think that's when it might be going open beta.

im full of questions after last night, still cant get my head round how you buy stuff and how you use skill points.
    not that i haven't just im flinging them in stuff and they make no diffrence, (put them on assault rather than militia i think) 
    must remember to restock.

also i read about que synching, can you explain it better.

really want a scrambler pistol so i bought 4 but cant use any!!!! 
    grrrrrrrrr.

• Get on steam chat tonight and I'll help sort all that out. I'll be on in an hour or so.

Erm, I think I should also remind you about the pain-in-the-ass NDA. It probably only really affects fools who upload footage to youtube or basically write an entire preview on the closed beta. But I'd really hate to see anyone get permabanned.

From here-
     "Going forward, we will continue to enforce the NDA to its fullest measure and any Closed Beta participants found in breach of the NDA will receive a permanent ban on their DUST 514 account(s), without exceptions."

Yikes.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    when we having this motorstorm apocolypse online night guys?
    thought it might be tonight.

• daviedigi wrote:
    when we having this motorstorm apocolypse online night guys? thought it might be tonight.

After the football ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    sorry got the old edge lot (on twitter) confused with this place.

still if theres a few of us we could do.

• So that Eve FPS is still coming out then? I thought it'd died a death. Good news. MAG evolved quite a lot following it's release. For a time it made things really interesting but they have to be careful they don't lose the main reason people join the game. That began to happen with MAG.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    I forgot that PS+ automatically takes the £11.99 out of your bank account monthly. Not too fussed now though as i'm getting all those free games. I never completed Space Marine.

Its for 90 days which is even better! 3 months to get through that lot - though with it instantly renewing then might just leave it running. That's a lot of gaming for £3.75 per month.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Just need some confirmation on the losing your PS+ games malarkey out of curiosity. So what happens if you cancel your sub to PS +? All the games you got for free and a discount off the service get deleted from your HD?
  • Not the discounted ones.
  • Nothing gets deleted, it just wont play until you renew your +subscription. The free stuff anyway, I think the discounted stuff is ok.
  • For about 4 quid a month its been worth it so far.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I posted this on twitter, but I think my grand plan for my ps3 is to collect all the HD remasters. I have MGS (360 tho), Ico/SotC, and Tomb Raider. Any other ones to get first?
  • Ratchet and Clank coming soon. You also have both God of War sets
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • First Dust 514 content available on PSN tomorrow

Don't we have a thread for this? I can't find it.

4,000 Aurum ($20 USD value) - the in-game currency for DUST 514 that you can buy in the PS Store
    30-dat Active Skill Booster - increases earned Skill Points (SP) by 50%
    'Dragonfly' Scout Dropuit - a uniquely designed armor with unlimited use
    'Toxin" ICD-9 Submachine Gun with unlimited use and a custom skin
    HK4M Shotgun X 50
    Hacked Drop Uplink x 50 - allows players to create on-the-spot spawn points for their teammates
    Fused Locus Grenade x 50
    1.5dn Myofibril Stimulant x 50 - offers players a temporary melee damage boost against opponents
    All Access Beta Pass - allows players to participate in every Beta Event, as well as additional play sessions during off weekends

Looks like a recipe for failure. I can understand the desire to charge for beta access, but it's a huge mistake. By the time this comes out of beta, only the people who've already paid will be interested. Paying for a damage boost looks dubious as well.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I posted this on twitter, but I think my grand plan for my ps3 is to collect all the HD remasters. I have MGS (360 tho), Ico/SotC, and Tomb Raider. Any other ones to get first?

Devil May Cry? Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • A paid for damage boost is only going to hurt the games new players in the long run. Imagine going into a lobby full of experienced players with damage upgrades, you'd be fucked.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Devil May Cry? Ninja Gaiden Sigma.
    There's also Jak & Daxter, Silent Hill and Splinter Cell according to Amazon.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!