Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Some survey found that to be the best joke in the world.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Now that's funny.

@Kow, obviously.
  • Kow wrote:
    Some survey found that to be the best joke in the world.

Nothing quite kills the joy of comedy like statistics.
  • I remember posting it on the original forum back when it won. There was also...

Guy walks into a bar and walks up to a young man sitting in a group around a table. He pokes the guy's shoulder and says 'HEY! I fucked your mom.' The young man just brushes it off and goes back to what he's doing. A few minutes later, he comes back again 'HEY! I fucked your mom.... in the ass!' Once more, the man at the table shrugs it off and goes back to his conversation. Finally a few minutes more pass and the man walks up again, smacks the man at the table in the back of the head and says 'I'm going to fuck your mom again.' Finally, the young gentleman at the table stands up, turns around and says 'go home Dad you're drunk.'
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam
  • krs wrote:
    Pour some olive oil into your hands and rub over the potatoes

Poor Skerret will spontaneously combust when he reads that.

:D

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    spontaneous-human-combustion.jpg
    Thread is now about useful cooking tips and the occasional rotten gag.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • hahahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Pro tip - canola oil
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Debated putting this in the telly thread but it's more about funny things, or unfunny things as the case may be.

On one of my rare forays into telly watching, I noticed ads promoting a show called Mrs Brown's Boys.  My immediate thought was "You can't be serious Channel 7" and upon viewing a few clips of the show and reading a few accounts of it my initial reaction seems accurate.

I got to reading about its genesis and how it won a BAFTA after being 20 years in the making. Seems it's been enormously successful and that is doubtless the reason why it's been picked up here, rather than any qualitative one.

It looks to be the kind of comedy that inspires its fans to unleash "Whaddya mean ya don't fookin' like it ya fookin' snob" on the poor soul who claims he doesn't like it because it's dumb.  It appears to be a Catherine Tate Nan sketch extended to 25 minutes, only less appealing and with less creative swearing (but more of it).  Clearly it appeals to someone though.  

I expect it will be incredibly successful here because as a rule we don't have much of a collective head for comedy.  There have been a few exceptions but on the whole, cookie cutter setup-punchline-laugh imported comedy like Two and a Half Men seems to dominate prime time television in this country.

So, impressions?  Have you seen it and laughed to tell the tale?  If you're reading this Bugul, our sitcom idea seems to have already been made.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I don't understand the appeal either. Unfunny shite, but there are a few chaps at work going mad for it. Same goes for Two and a Half Men and Catherine fucking Tate, except even the chaps from work won't watch them.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Is that the Brendan O Carroll thing? He's been flogging that for a hundred yeats it seems, the unfunny little cunt. It's the kind of humour your granny thought was risque and should have died with Benny Hill. I saw the little bastard in the street in Dublin once, was tempted to kick him in the arse.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I've been reading some reviews and associated comments.  Reviled by critics but loved by scores of plebs.  If you don't like it then you are apparently snooty, pretentious, have no sense of humour and are too politically correct, as if they know what that actually means.   A stark reminder of the cultural divide within cultures then.

As keeps popping up, it's like a real life When The Whistle Blows.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It was a stage show for many years. A bit like Michael Bolton, I never met anybody who actually liked it.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yer read that.  Seems to be the basis for the telly show, the theatre elements.
  • I watched that a couple of times.  It seems awfully proud of the format it has invented.  Because, you see, the lead character, that feisty woman who calls a spade a fucking spade, is PLAYED BY A MAN!  A man, I say!  Ah ha ha ha ha HAAAAAA!  Fucking brilliant.  A man playing a woman.  Comedy genius.  And look, they film it in front of a live studio audience, so when the actors corpse or through in the occasional unscripted knob-gag or fart joke, it's EVEN FUNNIER.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I can't wait to see this.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I know two people that claim its the funniest show they've ever seen. Made me hold a knife to my wrists (length ways an'all) after five minutes.
  • It's the biggest pile of shite ever. There was one guy at work who I'd always suspected was borderline retarded, once he told me he loved that show I had the confirmation.
  • Brings out the mysogeny in me tbh. Awful gobshite.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Its not even bad in a trashy way like 2 and a half men, its just bad.
    It reminds me of the sit com gervias' character ens up in on Extras
  • In unrelated news: I watched Tim Minchin at the Sydney Op House with the SSO again.

pretty freakin amazing.

Dude is very funny, very clever, and writes some genuinely catchy/awesome tunes. Has a really good voice, and manages to write some genuinely moving stuff as well. White wine in the sun turns me into a gibbering girlie man.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • i know quite a few people who find Mrs Brown's Boys hilarious, which has led to me having to watch more than my fair share of episodes...the problem is it's all seemingly setup to convince this Brendan guy he's the funniest thing on the planet, so the entire cast and crew exist only to laugh and giggle 'out of script' at every single thing he says and does, whether it's funny, obvious, or mostly just not funny.  and then they play the 'we're just actors on a set card', and you think 'kind of funny...', then they do it 5 times every episode and you think 'idiots'.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I saw the condom clip and a few others.  It doesn't seem to have... jokes.  There was a sort of maybe almost joke, the underwear one; this only came after what the audience treated as a joke but was in fact just a reasonable answer to a question.  When she mentioned having to get them out of her handbag, the audience exploded as though this was the most inventive bit of misdirection ever committed to paper and how amazing to follow up a line as funny as the previous one with such unexpected genius. 

I do not understand why they were laughing, I don't.  I mean I do, as this is surface level comedy (the likes of which I've never seen and I've seen early 2000s Aussie sketch shows) and there's clearly a market for non-thinking comedy (hello Hangover), but it does not justify its own existence in any way that I can see.  The waving his/her head around following the one eyed robber 'joke' was cringe inducing.  I say again, it just doesn't seem to have any actual jokes in it.  It's just a man dressed as an old lady who says feck a lot.  If I was watching it from far away with the sound down to a low murmur, it might resemble something comedic.  Up close it's two forks in the eye.
  • it's peer pressure!  the 'audience' laugh, the crew laugh, the cast laugh...therefore it must be funny, so people laugh cos they don't want to think they don't get the joke!  i'm pretty sure the audio commentary on the DVD will be Brendan O'whatever repeatedly screaming "This is funny, LAUGH!  This is funny, LAUGH!"

which would be funny....
  • Nuforum, same joke. What's the difference between Colin Mcrae and Gary Glitter? Only two boys went down on Mcrae's chopper. 

Why does Jesus have so many female admirers? He was hung like this! *Hold arms up in crucifix position to indicate massive cock*

I have a compulsive habit of telling Christians that last one. It doesn't go down well, but I do it anyway.
  • did you hear about the nun whose clothes kept falling off?  it was a bad habit!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Discovered Text from Dog via Guardian. Made me laff. Sorry if posted.

http://textfromdog.tumblr.com/
  • Text from dog been in my favourites for a while. Absolute genius.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • They were great, loved the jurrasic park one.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!