Armored Core VI - Rubicon of Mango
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Balteus is down

Congrats! That guy is still the toughest boss I've faced so far.

drumbeg wrote:
    I'm going to have to take some time to fully understand the stats though as I swap parts and get confused by "overburdened", "EN shortfall" etc. Some of the bars (weight for example) seem a little counterintuitive.

Totally agree about some of those bars being unintuitive, especially when trying to manage your energy load and total load. It'll click soon enough though.
  • Has the soundtrack been mentioned yet? It is off the charts amazing. I've turned the SFX down and put music to max. Example...

https://youtu.be/Dpxw2RGgfa4?si=pet70u4_CJs-nmGG
  • I can't wait to play it cos the OST from the initial trailer was the thing that got me the most excited.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Scout wrote:
    I've never had a Rubicon.

It’s probably shit

It's top tier, alongside Rio

They’re no Lilt, I’m guessing (never had Rio either)

Caribbean crush retired Lilt ages ago. Stick some rum in it and get drunk without tasting alcohol.
  • This is coming as a rental to me either tomorrow or monday and I'm quite excited to play it.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Where are you going for rentals these days?
  • Tried 3 vs 3 multi-player before. Was just an absolute frenzy for 3 minutes. Was like being on the Waltzers.

One tip: you don't need to move the camera around to gain a missile lock on multiple targets. You just need to have all targets within missile range and within your field of view. Initially I was moving the reticule about trying to capture all targets. No need.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Didn't know this had mp.

You've got an awful memory then
  • I like this build. Boxy. Not sure if it's any good, but it reminds me of one of the Decepticons.

Shotgun + Pilebunker in hand. Missle launcher x 10 + the old boom boom Songbird on shoulders.

ruHMVBM.jpg
  • Where are you going for rentals these days?

Boomerang Rentals. Really fast service.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • It is here and I'm very excited as I've never played an AC game.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It's mech ballet
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Another tip. When using assault boost, if you press jump to cancel it rather than L stick down, you maintain momentum and it leaves you less prone to attack.

There are so many weapons and parts I've not tried yet. Might play around with the weapon swapping stuff and do a double melee build.

Edit: There's a lot this game doesn't tell you! Just discovered that you can share builds using codes that other players can input into the AC Data menu.
  • First boss was dreadful. Right up to the point where you realise you've been taught about jumping and actually all you should be doing is jumping. Yeah. I can see why people like this.
  • Rev wrote:
    First boss was dreadful. Right up to the point where you realise you've been taught about jumping and actually all you should be doing is jumping. Yeah. I can see why people like this.

The tutorial boss? I think initially I was trying to hide behind stuff for ages. Now I just charge straight at it all guns blazing and mash him with the laser sword.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    That's yer man Balteus done and dusted. Shoulder mounted lasers, plasma cannon and bazooka made pretty short work of him, though it came down to 1908 AP and I barely scraped through. By gosh it was stylish though, it's every zippymech game refined.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • I must have attempted that fight like 20 times. Once I beat him, I went back and tried again after a while and beat him first time. Classic From!
  • Initial play through done. The run-time went on a little longer than I was expecting, probably because I replayed some missions a few times. I still reckon this is a solid 8/10 (I'd go with 85% in old money). Regardless of load out, combat is one-note throughout, although it is a very strong note. At times it's a little too frenetic for me, especially when facing off against a strong AC that constantly flanks off screen. Still, it's all high quality stuff and super tense.

Could have been called Mechiro.
  • Good stuff, and yeah that pretty much echoes my feelings about it so far. Not finished yet as I got distracted with other things, but I do love how easy it is to dip in and out of when you are time limited. Play for an entire afternoon or just dip in for 5 or 10 mins for a couple of quick mission replays or arenas. S'all good.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I've replayed a heap of missions to try out different configs, really helps
  • I do wish there was a way to have the camera pan out further. It's a issue with some bosses in souls and it's a bit of an issue here. Far too close to be able to tactically decide what I'm meant to be dong that demands certain tictacs. It is wonderful and i'll keep playing it for sure.
  • I played a few missions in NG+. Worth trying, as they don't bump the difficulty using stats in the usual way. Instead, there are differences in the narrative and changes to the structure of some missions 2nd time around.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Apparently there are new narrative paths into the third playthrough as well.

Was getting repeatedly harangued by the Sea Spider until I switched to a tank build (twin shoulder-mounted double-barrel launchers, twin chainguns) and annihilated him.

Tank build with heavy everything is seductive.
  • Just finished Chapter 1 on NG+. No spoilers, but there is enough new content there to make it feel like the game is far from done. The missions are highly repayable anyway, but throw in the new stuff and it's really extending the play-time.

Trust From to stick loads of content in a game that most players will probably never see!

Edit : Played some more and NG+ is something else. Loads of new content and rocking some really cool weapons (loving the "delivery boy").

vTbYyWG.jpg
  • Just unlocked the Pulse Scudder, which is a bit like one of the great shields in a DS game. Can basically turtle it with the shield up using L1, whilst firing with both R1 and R2. I have my new laser slicer equipped in L2 - best melee weapon so far, absolute Darth Maul stuff. I just need more fingers. ;) 

I think this is the first game I've ever played where I am enjoying the 2nd play through more than the first. I get the impression others have bounced off it a bit. Persevere guys, it just keeps getting better.
  • I'm still plugging away when I can! Think I'm approaching the end of act 3 and it's still brilliant. Really good to hear about NG+, I feel like I've played the game multiple times already due to all the mission replays I've done, and having a bunch of new stuff to do when I get to NG+ is great news.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm still on it, just life intervening. I hear there's a bunch of new parts and weapons that only unlock by the third playthrough too, rich in content it is.

I have amassed a mini-armada and am laying waste to AC scum from my little tanke platform

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!