Work - The pros and the cons...
  • Tempy starting for GW, Cinty maybe starting for the CCP.
  • Got an interview for a job on Monday. Already have a decent job but this one might be a better fit, dunno. Nothing to add, just that.

break a leg!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • this one might be a better fit

I cannot banish the images
  • Funkstain wrote:
    this one might be a better fit
    I cannot banish the images

Heh. Would be leaving one Chinese mega corp as an international marketing manager, to join another big (although slightly smaller) Chinese mega corp as head of global community for one of their gaming divisions.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Chairman Cinty?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yay Tempy, new shit is cool as hell. Good luck Cinty, hope they're good for you. Also going to interviews is good even just for the ego boost for the offers

Am really close to finding somewhere proper to live, mentioned it to boss in my 121 this morning, was excited about setting up a proper office. She said they'll send me some screens and stuff, but ordering desk and chair through them will take forever, so just buy them and expense it. Just wondering what people think is a reasonable budget. I don't wanna take the piss but equally I'm gonna be there 10 hours or so a day. Anybody wanna divulge what their companies were happy to let them spend on home setup, after a quick look around I think I'm looking at around 700 quid for the desk and chair I want, but clearly could buy crap for a lot cheaper
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Maybe take a look at what can be ordered through them if you can to benchmark price. Office stuff is usually way overpriced anyway.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I thought similar, most B2B companies charge a premium just because they know firms have bigger budgets than people

edit: I told the boss I was happy to go 50/50 but she was just like fuck it, just expense it when you get an address
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Surely you’re better off asking your boss what the budget should be rather than some nerds on a forum.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    True enough, I just wanted a benchmark in case I walk in with a ridiculous opening figure
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s entirely possible to spend 4 figures on just a chair, sounds like yours is pretty reasonable.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Got my chair for 70 quid off Amazon last year, cheap as fuck from China and its comfy as hell.
  • Nostraggnozo predicto: Cinty gonna be working on them games that pop up in those annoying "5 second skip" adverts that say "you won't last 90 seconds playing this game"
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I bought a nice office chair. My wife then yelled at me for the rest of the day because it's "too big, too cumbersome, doesn't fit under the desk properly, doesn't fit into the decor of our bedroom, waaaay to expensive "etc etc etc.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Did you scream " SAME AS YOU THEN LOVE" repeatedly at her until hoarse?
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • If its £700 because its proper adjustable, professional equipment then I think that's more than ok. They have an obligation to ensure you can sit to guidelines.
    They may bulk if its £700 because its pretty.

Don't forget monitor stands/brackets and if you are using a laptop the also have a duty to provide a separate keyboard.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Could get IKEA desk for 200, but standing desk is 440
    Chair is Amazon own brand, but not quite bottom end at 270
    I don't think I'm taking the piss, I'd buy it myself, and might end up doing that, but as she said "fuck it" I just wondered what was unreasonable. After all if I was super employed I'd put the whole thing down as a business expense and capex it
  • Just ask for an acceptable ballpark. Sounds like you're going cheap for potentially no reason.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Exactly that. There’s no reason to feel like you have to walk in with an offer, just ask for a budget.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    It’s entirely possible to spend 4 figures on just a chair, sounds like yours is pretty reasonable.

Wasn't that Ben carsons thing when he joined trumps administration?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Passed first round interview. 2nd interview on Sunday.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    What's the home working dizzle delete you are Cinty? People back in offices or what? Or is the possible new place near the old place anyway

Good luck with round 2 anyway!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Well done Cinty.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    G'wan Cinty
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    What's the home working dizzle delete you are Cinty? People back in offices or what? Or is the possible new place near the old place anyway

Good luck with round 2 anyway!

We’ve been back in offices since last April / May, bud...

Started as day in / day at home for a bit - with 50% occupancy then scaled up.

During this time (and up to now) mask wearing was compulsory. Every Monday morning security would go from desk to desk and hand out a pack of masks to every employee. Employees would scan a QR code to confirm they received them. There were enough masks for a person to use 2 per day, so they could swap them without worrying about running out.

There were temp checks at the door of our building and all public places as well. Beyond this we had the QR health code - the QR code also displays your most recent Covid test result and vaccination status underneath. Out of province travel required you to isolate on return until you return a new negative test.

I show my code when I re-enter my loving community at night and have my temp taken every time.

Basically, no fucking around. The result is offices and restaurants are now back up to 100% or near 100% and we don’t have masses of cases. Outbreaks are shut down hard and quick. Everyone is checked and no one gets out until there’s an all clear.
  • Interviews for this job are being held online, just for precautionary purposes, but it’d be an in-office job.
  • Cinty is gonna smash it of course, perfect being that he is (weird opinions on shit aside).

I was supposed to start my new job yesterday. Everything has to be done via a company laptop so secure info isn’t leaked etc

I have… not received my laptop, and there is no tracking ID. Sigh.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!