PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Lol.

Joking aside though, what is your password?
  • I've had a very difficult time in the past with a terrible boss, and I know just how hard it can make your life, so really happy for you that she's fucking off eventually.

Thanks goobs and gav. I've had incompetent managers before but nobody like this. Sucks so much because you need the work to live but having to go into a place where there's someone who causes anxiety and stress feels like being stuck in an abusive relationship.

I'll be very glad when it's over.

Sorry about your joke woes Time. Sounds like they uppers need to take a chill pill

• acemuzzy wrote:
    Lol.

###############

Did you know, if you post your password or bank details on social media it automatically hashes? Try it and see!

(btw this was the other joke I quickly deleted when the shit hit the fan. I'm sure I'd have been fired for phishing).

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Lol.

Cantsayanythingthesedez123

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Logged into work today to an email saying we are getting a 15% pay rise in February plus extra in November, all to help with cost of living crisis.

Lucked out with this role
  • Brilliant news mate!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Good work (literally)!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'd defo recommend the place to anyone. They've got lay tribunal positions open right now, 350ish quid a day as a member of the public to assist with tribunal cases. 30 days max a year if anyone is interested. No experience necessary, they just want peeps from different walks of life. WFH.

I can't apply due to conflict, obviously
  • I got pay taken off me with my pay rise. Insert sad face here.

Congrats though, DS. Wanna send a link? I'm not quite lay but I'm not medical either. Might take a gander, been looking at things to broaden my experience.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Sure. Closes Monday, interviews not til next Feb as they're for next calendar year.

https://jobs.gmc-uk.org/vacancy/mpts-lay-tribunal-members-502502.html
  • Great news DS.

Time.... Never underestimate the potential for workmates to think posting passwords to their "personal" social media is a good idea.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Odd feeling in work today. Not due to it being my first after a bout of covid, no, something actually serious.

When I started here, the old job system was done via phone calls. I'd be given a phone and a coordinator would send me a text with a job, I'd do it and phone him back, and we go again. Jim had been in the portering dept back when WGH was just a bit of land. He started back in the old Law Hospital, and came across in 2000 when this place opened. Him and Grant were the coordinators. Grant was a dick, an absolute arsehole, but Jim, whilst slow as a week in the jail and a brain like a sieve, was lovely.

Grant retired and soon after covid hit. Because of earlier heart conditions, Jim was on the hardcore self isolate list. So he was off for the best part of a year. In that time, the new iPhone job system was put in and it required a high attention to detail from a coordinator compared to the old one. Jim came back eventually and was on a reduced rota. By now he was well into his late 60s. Again, I have to stress how lovely he was to talk to, but when it came to the actual job, by fuck he was frustrating. Any time any one moaned about him we always prefaced with, yeah but I really like Jim. The last few months working with him were tough, because he clearly checked out and didn't give a fuck. You'd be in the middle of a horrendous backshift, jobs piling up, duplicates being created by impatient wards but Jim wouldn't notice it, so it just made a bad situation worse some nights. And you'd phone him regarding a job and you could hear he was out the back having a smoke. Murder, but again, when you were chatting away to him, lovely guy.

Monday night he finished at 9pm, went home, had dinner, then went out the back of his house for a smoke. He didn't come back in.

I don't know why he kept himself in the job. Maybe they couldn't sack him, or maybe his pride got in his way. He could've easily retired. He should have. He should be away up in his caravan enjoying life. Fuck.

So yeah, odd one today.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    :-(
  • Thats sad - maybe he kept hanging on not for money or the job but the social aspect (if everyone seemed to like him than maybe thats a sign he had good relationships) I feel I'd be the same - I love the buzz and banter of working in the restaurant. 

There is an issue with having a much-loved member of staff who starts to drag things back. I have 2 off the top of my head but they bring other skills to the workplace and to be honest, they've both been with me a while  I think they've earned some indulgence from our part. But it can be hard when new staff compalin about them. Not sure if there is a correct answer
    SFV - reddave360
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Shift them into more coaching/mentoring roles so their positive social attributes are still contributing to the team, and their experience is being imparted to the junior members of the team, but they are not in a position to hold things up as they no longer have as many responsibilities in those areas.

Easier said than done obviously, but it could be a beneficial solution for everyone.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Sometimes work is all one has.

There is a life lesson there.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Shift them into more coaching/mentoring roles so their positive social attributes are still contributing to the team, and their experience is being imparted to the junior members of the team, but they are not in a position to hold things up as they no longer have as many responsibilities in those areas.

Easier said than done obviously, but it could be a beneficial solution for everyone.

Thats the aim but for one guy, he just doesn't have that in him. Also in his role, a step back might mean a bit of a drop in opportunity for earnings (our waiters make a huge amount of cash tips along with sales bonus). He'd still be earning good but when times are good (and this summer to October has been) they do better than anyone in terms of post tax cash by a sizable margin.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Shit Gav. Sorry for your loss.
  • Sure. Closes Monday, interviews not til next Feb as they're for next calendar year. https://jobs.gmc-uk.org/vacancy/mpts-lay-tribunal-members-502502.html

Mrs needs a job, please let me know if anything more like this!

I can't remember if i mentioned but i recently changed jobs after 14 years in the same company. I got promoted many times in that company. I got offered more money by a different company for a 'lower' role (but one i enjoy). I was apprehensive to take it but so far it's been great, loving it. I accumulated sooo much responsibility over 14 years in a small company it was completely stressing me out and even preventing me fully enjoying holidays. Now i turn up, work hard at my actual job, and that's that.
  • Aye. Time flies. It's my brother's birthday next week. Only dawned on me the other day that he's going to turn sixty this year! You blink and the decades just seem to vanish.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Having an older brother has served as a nice buffer for the big hits for me.
    He was 39 in April. That means next year is a big one.
    I'm 37 next week so that gives me a few years to brace myself the the 4 0.

Still 37. I know that's young for this forum but the last ten years have felt a lot shorter than the ten before that. I imagine this phenomenon only ramps up.
  • Yeah I'm 38 next week and the spectre of turning 40 is looming on the horizon.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    DrewMerson wrote:
    20 years ago today, at about this time of day, I was being fitted for my uniform on the first day of my current job.

Fuck, I’m old.

It's my 22nd work anniversary next month. I know how you feel.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Yeah I'm 38 next week and the spectre of turning 40 is looming on the horizon.
    I've just turned 38 and my body is now rebelling against me. I am just permanently tired

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    DrewMerson wrote:
    20 years ago today, at about this time of day, I was being fitted for my uniform on the first day of my current job.

Fuck, I’m old.

You never forget that inside leg measurement
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Having an older brother has served as a nice buffer for the big hits for me. He was 39 in April. That means next year is a big one. I'm 37 next week so that gives me a few years to brace myself the the 4 0. Still 37. I know that's young for this forum but the last ten years have felt a lot shorter than the ten before that. I imagine this phenomenon only ramps up.

Yeah, the perception of accelerating time thing is terrifying.  When you're one, a year is your whole life, when you're 40 it's a mere 40th, which I guess is why it all seems shorter. 

One of my colleagues, who joined work at roughly the same time as me, remarked as our long standing senior partner retired a few weeks ago - "you realise that's us now, don't you? As far as the rest of the team's concerned we're now the guys who've been here forever and know everything"...  Which was particularly depressing as I feel like I've just started and know sod all.
  • Flashback there to the cup and cough I got for the medical when I was starting.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!