Work - The pros and the cons...
  • Still need to confirm, but I think I'm getting (or maybe have already got...really need to check) my first game credit. On this thing if anyone is interested.
    Ooh, fantastic. I had heard of the game but haven't had a chance to read much about it. Looks like it's doing quite well in the reviews that are there.
  • Nice stuff Cinty. Is this coming out on console? Looks like a AC but not published by a gang of absolute dicks.
  • Nice stuff Cinty. Is this coming out on console? Looks like a AC but not published by a gang of absolute dicks.

Yeah, it's also on PlayStation and Xbox - gameplay wise, some mishmash of Immortals Fenyx Rising, Zelda and Souls.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Nice work, Cinty.

You got a non-Steam link anywhere? I can’t be arsed logging in on my phone to see what it is.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    What's a game credit?
  • He's got a free copy. Good on him.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Oh, cool. How does that happen?
  • What's a game credit?

My name is in the credits.  

Didn't actually do much of anything on the game - just some Biz stuff pre-launch. But a credit is a credit and will go on the CV.
    Yossarian wrote:
    Nice work, Cinty. You got a non-Steam link anywhere? I can’t be arsed logging in on my phone to see what it is.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/asterigos-curse-of-the-stars/9pb5xb3fm6xc
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    What's a game credit?

Didn't actually do much of anything on the game - just some Biz stuff pre-launch. But a credit is a credit and will go on the CV.
    Yossarian wrote:
    Nice work, Cinty. You got a non-Steam link anywhere? I can’t be arsed logging in on my phone to see what it is.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/asterigos-curse-of-the-stars/9pb5xb3fm6xc

Ah, right. I'm slowly catching up. Well done mate, great stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    What's a game credit?

Yossarian wrote:

Ta!
  • Congratulations Cinty! :)
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Ah, cool! Congrats Cinty!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Nice!  My life dream is a legit game credit so I'm well jeal.

Coincidentally, I also have enough xbox credit to buy it... so ahem, is it actually any good?!
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Nice!  My life dream is a legit game credit so I'm well jeal.

Coincidentally, I also have enough xbox credit to buy it... so ahem, is it actually any good?!

It is good, aye - hard as nails though and, in the interest of honesty, a few launch technical wobbles. Expect some patches will drop soon.
  • Great stuff Cinty!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    OK may well give it a punt.  You'll owe me half your commission tho.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Iron Pineapple played that last week on his Souls like series, cinty. He gave the demo a good review, which is top marks from him basically as he isn't hyperbolic.

Kudos lad
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    OK may well give it a punt.
    Cool. If it's shit remember I barely had anything to do with it. Also, no refunds.
    Iron Pineapple played that last week on his Souls like series, cinty. He gave the demo a good review, which is top marks from him basically as he isn't hyperbolic. Kudos lad

Yar, I like his Steam dumpster diving series, some good stuff in there. 

This vid below (7:20 on) for anyone looking for it:

• I saw it on there too. Good stuff cinty, congrats.

In other news, my manager is a complete cunt and is currently ruining work for me. Taken days off for stress because I can't sleep some times thinking about all the shit I've had to deal with and now I'm having to go to the union to get her to process a simple she had no right to refuse. Fun times.

Oh, and her partner who also works at my work (but not with me directly) is currently stood down due to bullying so they are obviously a wonderful pair.

Also, they hired her after they announced they would try a culture reform due to all the reports of sexual and regular harassment and such over the years. Good work guys!
  • Here's a good article on one thing that happened. He was the head of the training academy at the time I went through, taught us directly a few times too.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/workplace/air-traffic-control-boss-mr-mintie-stalked-trainee-asked-for-kisses-20191015-p530s0.html
  • It is good, aye - hard as nails though and, in the interest of honesty, a few launch technical wobbles. Expect some patches will drop soon.
    OK. Let us know when you've fixed everything.
  • I saw it on there too. Good stuff cinty, congrats.

In other news, my manager is a complete cunt and is currently ruining work for me. Taken days off for stress because I can't sleep some times thinking about all the shit I've had to deal with and now I'm having to go to the union to get her to process a simple she had no right to refuse. Fun times.

Oh, and her partner who also works at my work (but not with me directly) is currently stood down due to bullying so they are obviously a wonderful pair.

Also, they hired her after they announced they would try a culture reform due to all the reports of sexual and regular harassment and such over the years. Good work guys!

Aw man, that’s rough - a bad boss and / or work environment is just debilitating. Been there, the stress and dread are just crushing.

Do what you need to do for you. You’ve gone above and beyond at work and they’re taking the piss. Just union as much as you can now and keep records of bullshit. And reach out for chats if needs be.
  • You can always crash a plane into them.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yeah sorry to hear that Shabs. Glad to hear that you’ve got a union behind you at least.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    As with many professions experience seems to be the issue.  I just thought that maybe the upfront investment would negate that a little.

EDIT:  Not that I'm considering this for the money, I'm just really surprised.

You should have dropped me a line, naturally this is my line of work! It is horrendously underpaid because capitalism; often the guy who flies you on holiday will have earned less than the taxi driver who took you to the airport. There are still some good avenues, but it’s full of people who look at commercial flying as an aspirational job, so there’s insane competition and quite literally people paying to train and willing to work from free.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Yeah sorry to hear that Shabs. Glad to hear that you’ve got a union behind you at least.

Thanks. Union is a bit useless at times though.
    Have heard news today that terrible manager has applied for and gotten another role within the company. They've never been good at firing people so this is the best result I can hope for!
    Also means she will be working a role that is a lot more visible to more people so if she behaves as she has with us in that role then more people will see her for what she is.

Doesn't start till December 1st but that will definitely be an early birthday present for me!
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I've had a very difficult time in the past with a terrible boss, and I know just how hard it can make your life, so really happy for you that she's fucking off eventually.
  • Yeah, good news Shabs.

Similar guy in my work. Absolute arsehole, enjoys a power trip, speaks to folk like they're dirt. But! Either, he's gonna get really found out when we rejoin the NHS because their HR/grievance process is a million times more thorough and scared of doing the wrong thing than Serco's so he's eventually gonna say or do the wrong thing to the wrong person and that will be that. Or, there's the fact I've been told of that he, a couple years back, actually had an assault charge against him and had to do community service. He's the kinda guy that makes wee threats under the guise of straight-talking banter ("I tell ye, if x does y again, that'll be the last time they do that I'll make sure of it") but one more to me and I'll be having a little chat with my bosses about what was swept under the carpet, and aggression in the workplace :)
  • Okay. So I've been reminded once more that humour and work don't mix.

Normally our department flies under the radar, but recently we decided to start using the internal comms/ discussion platform to raise our profile. What transpired is something that could have featured in the IT crowd.

Aside from promotion, I also joined in with a prize draw - you announce that you've changed your password and get entered into a raffle (for some reason IT apparently haven't the facility to force a PW change).

I announced this with the hashtag and (others were also posting silly comments and gifs) I joked that I'd posted my new password on Twitter as a reminder to myself (I'd just done some workshops on online scams and I thought this might raise a chuckle).

What followed was a shitstorm of enquiries and threats to suspend my account sent to myself and my manager from various department and directorate heads.

Granted, everyone under the level of service head whom I told about this found it all fucking hilarious. I wrote back numerous responses stating that I absolutely wasn't this stupid and that I would be using this as an example in further workshops of how communicating via text online is notoriously problematic .

It's also a sobering reminder that for this joke to have been escalated so far, it probably means that management really do have reasons to believe that staff are so braindead that they would Tweet their corporate passwords. I guess sometimes we overestimate our colleagues.

Anyhow. Jokes and work don't mix.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!