Star Trek
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    I wouldn't want to go into space on a rocket piloted by an artist, tbf.

Good news, no one pilots Blue Origins space dildos.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Even Wifey said that the rocket looks like a cock.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Has wifey never seen a penis or something? Because I genuinely suspect the design choice was intentional.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Just meant she would see that but wouldn't vocalise it. It was so obviously cock shaped she thought it hilarious.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Ah, I see.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    They've confirmed Picard is ending after Season 3 (this was always the plan, it's not being axed).

I'm curious when Discovery will end, I was half expecting it to end with Season 4 due to all the reshuffling with Paramount+ launching but it looks like they might be aiming for Season 7 with it.

I haven't bothered with Season 4 of Discovery because I'm irritated about all the faff after Netflix fell through - I'll just wait until Paramount+ appears in the UK.

Here's the new trailer for Picard Season 2:

"ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I haven’t watched passed ep 1 of season 4, just find it hard to muster any enthusiasm to continue with it. I’ll probably binge it on a quiet weekend at some point.

Season 1 of Picard shat on TNG so much, I likely tune in to see if it can get any worse.

Sad I like my Trek, but the current tv show runners put me off watching any of it for the foreseeable.
    Things can only get better.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    And yet I indicate I’ll also keep watching, have a word with yourself.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've heard that Discovery has finally gotten good with Season 4, so I'll give it a go when it finally gets a coherent UK release.

Picard Season 1 was really disappointing but there's a new showrunner for the remaining two seasons so I'll be cautiously optimistic that they might turn it around.
  • To be fair, it would need a concerted effort to make it worse than the first season.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Neither Discovery or Picard have been must-see TV but they’ve both been ‘alright’. Perfectly fun B-tier sci-fi nonsense. But I’m not going out of my way to sign up to another streaming service for S4 of Discovery. It hasn’t been that special.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Thanks ERE you’ve moved my needle to watch ST:D season 4 to more likely.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    To be fair, it would need a concerted effort to make it worse than the first season.

I just read on Twitter that apparently there was always a plan for three seasons with "an opportunity for us to have spectacularly failed after one, and that would have been one and done". Uhhhhh?!?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    To be fair, it would need a concerted effort to make it worse than the first season.

Heh. I saw S1 out. Which after the fancy dress episode was an ask. But I have no desire to go back for more.

I'd like to see Patrick in something else though. He's top notch. I heard that when he first joined TNG he was pretty serious but ended up being the biggest raker of the bunch. :)  He has shown some talent for comedy in Extras and in that fake C&W album advert he did.
  • God I’d forgotten about the fancy dress episode.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    being the biggest raker of the bunch. :) ...

8MgC560.gif
  • Season 2 of Discovery with Spock and Pike I thought was definitely “must-see” Trek TV. I thought that was excellent. But then I fell asleep on episode 3 or 4 of season 3 (they were manking about on some future big ship) and never went back. But season 2 I felt was some of the best Trek I’ve seen since TNG.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • I'm about to run out of TNG episodes... what comes next?
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • DS9, I would have thought.
  • Season 2 of Discovery with Spock and Pike I thought was definitely “must-see” Trek TV. I thought that was excellent. But then I fell asleep on episode 3 or 4 of season 3 (they were manking about on some future big ship) and never went back. But season 2 I felt was some of the best Trek I’ve seen since TNG.
    Oooof must see tv is pushing it a bit. Pike was a great captain though, looking forward to his series.
    I too have not watched Discovery S4. Im letting the episodes build a bit, possibly I might even watch one or two this weekend. Ill be watching Picard S2 through my fingers like Id watch a horror movie. Christ they ballsed up S1 so incredibly badly. But no doubt Ill tune in to watch "JL" go time travelling and meet Space Jeebus Burnham.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I forgot in S2 Picard they’d dropped:
    Spoiler:

So could improve it or make it even worse, but funny worse.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    I could not get into Discovery - I watched the first 3 episodes of Season 1 and found it total dross.

I mean, if TNG released now, there's no way it gets a second season, but there was not the sheer volume of content being pushed out back then.
  • Questor wrote:
    I could not get into Discovery - I watched the first 3 episodes of Season 1 and found it total dross. I mean, if TNG released now, there's no way it gets a second season, but there was not the sheer volume of content being pushed out back then.
    Make no mistake, Discovery is shite. Its made by people who clearly have no understanding of Trek. Its like a car crash but I keep watching anyway.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    I say this as a massive Trek fan. I even liked Enterprise (except the final episode, which was a complete slap in the face to pretty much any characterisation built up over the series)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Controversially I will say that I prefer Discovery to Enterprise, although neither of them come close to TOS/TAS/TNG/DS9/VOY for me.
  • Discovery has always been frustrating because it's always had potential, some of the characters are quite good and the effects are quality. It's criminally dumb though and is way more interested in having the characters cry than exploring any interesting sci fi stuff. I can't actually think of anything they've done like that. There's quite a few times they could have (Saru's evolution, the living sentient ship thing, the cyborg woman that has to choose which memories to keep once a week). But these disappear as quickly as they pop up so they can have a 10 minute scene of someone being upset.

Picard is irredeemable. First episode had some promise but it shat it so quickly from then on. 

I'll still probably torrent them both.
  • Picard managed to ruin a series that started with Irish Romulans.

Discovery fucks up the timeline (whichever continuity they're in. I haven't a clue) so much, because of the spore drive. There's just no way to explain Starfleet sitting on that technology.

They at least tried to explain away Starfleet not using transwarp because Scotty sabotaged it on the Excelsior making it look like a failure.
  • Picard managed to ruin a series that started with Irish Romulans.

Discovery fucks up the timeline (whichever continuity they're in. I haven't a clue) so much, because of the spore drive. There's just no way to explain Starfleet sitting on that technology.

They at least tried to explain away Starfleet not using transwarp because Scotty sabotaged it on the Excelsior making it look like a failure.

I've never understood why discovery was set in the past. It only seemed to hamper the world building that what it presented was supposedly pre-tos. It was a bizarre choice that always hung over it as a big negative for me.
    SFV - reddave360

• They at least tried to explain away Starfleet not using transwarp because Scotty sabotaged it on the Excelsior making it look like a failure.

Which also makes no sense because it indicates that they never did any analysis on the Excelsior's failure - Scotty's sabotage was just to rip out a few components, so you'd think that it would be obvious.

I always felt that Discovery was in the Kelvin timeline, simply because of the ship design continuity, but of course in that timeline Scotty wouldn't have needed to sabotage the Excelsior's drive...
    PSN : time_on_my_hands

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!