PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    But... you've only given evidence of the hits?
    Scotswahey wrote:
    There's a logical, scientific explanation for each and every one of those examples.

Genuine chuckle-snort. I love Star Trek, but man, when it goes off the rails it goes off the rails.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Watched the Voyager S3 ender Scorpion the other day. Within about ten seconds of them showing the bridge Paris had made an analogy.

Never change Voyager.
  • I've been watching Next Generation. I have never watched it before, not properly anyway.

The RLM guys suggested jumping to S2 or 3 which is what I did. I started at S1 before and did not like.

It's a mixed bag really.
    Seasons are 20 odd episodes. So far I think there are 6 or 7 really quality episodes per season. About the same again which are enjoyable enough. Then a couple which are utter garbage and would have been even at the time. To he fair it's a lot of episodes for the writers and budgets at the time.

I think I'm midway through S5. Highlight EPs so far...

Dr Crusher in a coma where she thinks the crew are disappearing.

Picard trapped with a Klingon and a few others in a social experiment.

'The Picard' ep where the break the protocol and everyone thinks he's a god.

Ep where they make first contact to elevate a society who are on the verge of discovering warp travel but the society chooses not to be elevated.

Q episodes except the Robin Hood one.

Picard Borg.

The twin episodes of Geordie using the holodeck to make the designer if the engines to solve a problem then follow up ep with him meeting her for real.

Counciler Troy dreaming in black and white clouds while weird shit happens to everyone else.

Riker accused of getting sexy with a man's wife before killing him right before beaming up. Holodeck trial.

Sexy woman god causing earthquakes and the trial with Data as judge.
  • Most EPs I like remind me a lot of The Twighlight Zone.
  • Picard S2 started well but has reverted to utter shite. The season so far feels like what would have been a single or 2 parter TNG episode strung out to fill a series. The characters just seem to be kept on a treadmill doing busy work.
    Its a shame, because the season started so well. Picard back in Starfleet, commanding respect, Rios a captain, even Raffi was an officer again. We got to see those cool new ship designs (the bridge on the Stargazer was a beaut) and we have a space anomaly to investigate. Great. Until all that jumped out the window.
    Ill spoiler the rest just in case.
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Picards not stuck with a klingon he's stuck with a Chalnoth.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • I’ve watched two episodes of Picard Season 2 so far. First one wasn’t very good but wasn’t completely terrible. Second one was completely terrible. Shits the bed straight from the get go and continues all the way up to the end. I wonder if they can get lower than the two lowest points of last season*. Seems impossible but if anyone can do it’s the Picard creative team.

*Fancy dress Picard and zombie cyborg Picard.
  • Oh fancy dress Picard...wasnt that....something.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It's gone pretty much in the direction of Season 1, hasn't it? Good opener but ultimately duff.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Never thought I'd consider Stewart too old to play Picard. I think he'd still be okay as a peripheral character. Still great, even.
  • In an ocean of problems with Picard, the one that always fucks me off the most is they've got Picard wrong. He's always at the mercy of events, never got a plan, never really knows what's happening, completely unprepared, totally out of his depth, relying on blind luck and his crew murdering people when he gets into trouble.
  • Space Dementia.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • monkey wrote:
    In an ocean of problems with Picard, the one that always fucks me off the most is they've got Picard wrong. He's always at the mercy of events, never got a plan, never really knows what's happening, completely unprepared, totally out of his depth, relying on blind luck and his crew murdering people when he gets into trouble.
    Yup, his character has been just shredded. Its like all the writers know about him is that he likes earl grey, hot and lives on a vineyard. Its such a waste.
  • monkey wrote:
    In an ocean of problems with Picard, the one that always fucks me off the most is they've got Picard wrong. He's always at the mercy of events, never got a plan, never really knows what's happening, completely unprepared, totally out of his depth, relying on blind luck and his crew murdering people when he gets into trouble.

That would be forgivable in the first series where he was basically dying, but he has an android super body now doesn't he?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It still baffles me they didn't use Q as an excuse to revert that, especially since they had multiple episodes pivot around Picard being physically injured.
  • Q has been really underutilised so far.
  • Guinan needs to come back and kick Q's arse.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I'm liking Picard. It's got it's questionable moments, but that's Star Trek in a nutshell. I think we all need to go back and re-watch Discovery if we're looking for truly shit Trek.

"I'm going to look for an escape route. You stay here."
    [walks around corner]
    "Found one."

Someone got paid to write that scene. Paid. In money.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Dimensional travel with Tardigrades was the dumbest plot line in all of trek. Even dumber than fighting Nazis in voyager.

• Discovery is an amazing....thing. In no other Trek do I not know the names of the bridge crew. Outstanding work.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm not a Discovery defender but to be fair there were a number of fairly anonymous bridge officers in The Original Series and The Animated Series. They aren't main characters unlike, for example, Voyager, where the Venn diagram of senior officers and main characters was a circle.
  • That's my take on Discovery too.

All I know about Owo is she's a bridge officer named Owo.

I couldn't even name some of the others.

Discovery has an ensemble cast that doesn't get used, in favour of a thoroughly unlikeable main protagonist.

TOS primarily focused on Kirk, Spock, and Bones.

TNG, DS9 (especially), VOY, and ENT all used their ensemble casts.

Picard uses it's cast, it's just really poorly written. Assuming the status quo is reset, I'd like to see Star Trek: Stargazer with Rios as captain.
  • Done episode 4 on Picard and it's mind-bogglingly stupid now. I'm happy to stick with it because the RLM reviews are so good. It's ridiculous though. 
    Spoiler:
  • monkey wrote:
    Done episode 4 on Picard and it's mind-boggindly stupid now. I'm happy to stick with it because the RLM reviews are so good. It's ridiculous though. 
    Spoiler:
    Nice break down there. Its just so terrible. 
    A few things Im confused about...
    Spoiler:
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    It’s a car crash of a show and we’re all rubberneckers.
    Things can only get better.
  • I think it's safe to say that Patrick Stewart is crowdfunding his pension.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Nu-Star Trek, all these damn shows, are shambles.

I've just watched this classic episode. Remember when Star Trek used to be godly?

gary-mitchell.jpg
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Watched this week's Picard. Absolute shit.
  • What we've learned from Picard this week.

1. They don't give a fuck about the timeline. Killing dozens of people, and letting a new Borg Queen take 25th century technology exploring the galaxy. I have no idea what their plan is now. Originally, it was make sure the Europa mission is a success, and then with the help of the Borg Queen, get back to their present. Now it's get Q back his powers, and convince him to fix everything??? Not a clue. As it stands, they've definitely created an entire new timeline.

2. Starfleet holotech now can record everything about anyone on the ship, including their personality, and memories, and recreate them. Since fucking when???!!!!!!

3. Don't blame Rios for wanting to stay with the super hot doctor, but fucking hell, does nobody in Starfleet care about the Prime Directive, or Temporal Prime Directive any more?

4. Two women with knives can make it across a field with dozens of soldiers with automatic weapons with ease.
  • Oh shit they filmed seasons 2 and 3 back to back. It's already in the can. Identical production team. IDENTICAL WRITING TEAM. Fucksakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!