adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Just seen it pointed out on Twitter that the thing about Seven not being allowed into Starfleet contradicts Picard's own lore as they set up that Icheb was in Starfleet in Season 1.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    By fuck those were massive tunnels under the chateau, that Picard had blanked out of his memory. Or maybe not as they surfaced in the conservatory, adjoining the house.
    Things can only get better.
  • My biggest problem with new star trek is that it has a central plot. I want one off episodes that are almost completely unlinked to the rest of the series. Then every 4th or 5th episode they might dip back into an overarching theme. You should be able to pick any episode of star trek and be able to watch it without any context. Whoever decided modern tv meant you need to watch every single episode is a prick.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Strange New Worlds is episodic. But it's not clear how to watch it in the UK.
  • Scotswahey wrote:
    My biggest problem with new star trek is that it has a central plot. I want one off episodes that are almost completely unlinked to the rest of the series. Then every 4th or 5th episode they might dip back into an overarching theme. You should be able to pick any episode of star trek and be able to watch it without any context. Whoever decided modern tv meant you need to watch every single episode is a prick.

I like shorter format series though so it’s kind of a god giveth god taketh away situation
  • They don’t have the chops for a 45 minute self-contained episode. Not a good one at any rate.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Strange New Worlds is episodic. But it's not clear how to watch it in the UK.

It sounds like we'll have to wait until Paramount plus launches, so piracy.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
  • Denise Crosby (for obvious reasons) and Wheaton are currently the only TNG regulars not confirmed to be appearing in one of Picards three seasons.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    The self flagellation continues:

• Yas! I was going to hit the sack, but I'll stay up for that :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Well. That was glorious.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Glorious and tragic at the same time.
  • Spoiler:
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Watched the finale. What a collosal piece of shit this entire season has been.
  • Noped-out after two episodes. History will show this to have been the right call.
  • I used to think I was a masochist watching the Walking Dead for as long as I did. Apparently I'm much crueller to myself than I give myself credit for. Atrociously shite with no regard to what came before in its own bloody series, let alone classic TNG.

They've completely destroyed Picard as a leader, Starfleet as an institution and the moral advancement of mankind. Kurtzman's trekverse is petty, vindictive, overly dramatic, overly emotional, base, stupid, inconsistent, stylistically confused and unaspirational.

I have very low expectations for Strange New Worlds.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I think the RLM guys should do a silent review of the finale, just with a dead inside look in their eyes, intercut with lowlights of this season. Utter horseshit.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I just can't believe how shit it was. It was so shit.
  • Strange New Worlds is safe to watch! Got a bit of bonus Bohannen at the start.
  • Loving Next Generation. Haven't seen it in years but it's great to watch while coding. Half the monitor is Star trek and half is VSCode. So bonus points for 4:3 aspect ratio.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I've only watched the first couple but need to wade back in now. Hold me back, G!
  • I really wouldn't waste your time mate. Absolute guff.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Really don't Escape. I suffered through all of it, don't make my mistake.
  • I’m still only halfway. I’ve got to do it now. Just to see how bad it gets.
  • Episode 5 was so so bad.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’ve just got to the end and take G’s advice don’t waste your time. The writers amazingly do not understand Picard’s character at all. What a load of shite.

Decided to compile a simple list of all the bad things in Picard as I watch.

19 Terrible Reasons why Picard is shite, you’ll not believer number 13!
    Spoiler:

The good bits err… DeLancie is still watchable. Oh and the ships look good. Baltar guy is a great actor, he should be in more.

With better writing this could have been a much better show. Feel sorry for the set designers and CGI folks who do a great job.
  • There's more than 19 reasons but agree with all of those. A complete waste.
  • I'll spoiler tag this, but to try make some sense of the ending.
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!