ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yeah, that's fair enough, my brain just immediately went to Weezer because I'm OLD
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I thought Bowie.

I’m OLDER.
  • I thought either Dante was making a superhero costume as he’s finally had enough of the trouble on the streets or, and this may be more likely, he’s following his dream into WWF and that’ll be his leotard logo.

One these just has to be right.
  • Dante, I know a girl who makes wrestling costumes if it’s the latter. Can put you in touch …
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Dante, I know a girl who makes wrestling costumes if it’s the latter. Can put you in touch …

So many questions
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Bondage party so. Plenty going in that mouth hole.
  • That's a bit kinky for Worms dlc.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Good morning my lovelies. Work gave me an iPhone, and it does have one very cool little feature, next to the battery indicator it also shows my headphone battery level. Is this available on Android as well, I can click through the Bose app and check it in there but having it on the status bar is awesome and intuitive
  • That would be handy, yes. I could be wrong, but it doesn't show anything for me. When I first connect the headphones via Bluetooth, it tells me the battery remaining but doesn't give me a live status unfortunately.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Same here, it tells me when I turn them on, but the iPhone adds this little indicator which is very cool. Just wondered if there was a widget or anything been designed for Android

q0rwuht.jpg

There you go Yoss, I found something good about iPhone, oooh, two good things actually, I'm using Apple Music as well
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    My Sony Xperia tells me the battery level of any connected bluetooth device.
    WdPH20S.png
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    Same here, it tells me when I turn them on, but the iPhone adds this little indicator which is very cool. Just wondered if there was a widget or anything been designed for Android

q0rwuht.jpg

There you go Yoss, I found something good about iPhone, oooh, two good things actually, I'm using Apple Music as well

Keep an eye out for a generally-reduced number of bugs on the phone owing to a lack of hardware and OS fragmentation too.
  • Hang on... My iPhone does do that. If I want to check battery for airpods I either have to scroll across to the widgets or open the case
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I think it’s only on iPhones without the cutout.
  • Or at least, I don’t have it with AirPods on an 11.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Haha, cheers Kow, that's pretty handy, works on my pixel too, so probably for everyone. Shame it's not on the status bar, but a scroll down is way easier than opening the app
  • Would like to book 1 or 2 nights in a cottage somewhere with the wife and 4 year old daughter. Near a beach is preferable, but not make or break. Some solitude would be grand, though.

Have had a quick gander, but the volume of websites, locations etc is overwhelming. Who knew so many people had holiday homes to rent?!

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm based in London, but happy to drive 3 or 4 hours if need be.
  • Shaldon in Devon.
    Very very chill.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    The Pig on the Beach is in a beautiful part of Dorset, top class food, little caravan cabins and outhouses for accomodation. Then you're only 20 minutes away from the new forest, or the purbecks, or decent sized towns like Bournemouth and Poole

https://www.thepighotel.com/on-the-beach/
  • Both lovely suggestions, cheers. Absolutely everywhere seems to be booked up, or cost a million pounds though :(
  • Can anyone here help me/my missus with help with Quickbooks? She's a sole trader, illustration business, no employees. Needs it so she can file her expenses a lot quicker to Universal Credit, and also have it help her to do her tax return when the time comes. But we're both stupidly confused by the account and subscriptions model.

Does she need QB Online AND QB Self Employed? Or just the latter? She's turning to me all stressed (and currently unwell with flu) looking for answers and when I don't know, I get frustrated and we both end up in a huff with each other. Just wanting to see if anyone here can help, or shed some light. Cheers in advance.
  • So as far as I can tell, Quickbooks Online is the blanket name for all the Quickbooks Cloud accounting subscriptions, which includes QB Self-employed.

The main difference between different QB subs is whether you're VAT registered or not. I assume your missus is not VAT registered - so indeed yes, QB self employed is the one to go with.

I'm also assuming she's planning to use QB SE as an aggregation / presentation tool for her expenses, for UC purposes, and that she's not planning to be VAT registered any time soon?
  • Yeah, not Vat registered, not planning to soon. She's been doing her expenses on paper and each month she's losing her mind. She started by getting confused, going for the blanket one at a tenner a month, then it was asking her to go to SE which was an extra £6, saying she was in a trial version of that. Thats where the main confusion is just now.

All she's went on is a close pal of hers with a similar setup saying "aw yeah, just get self employed, it's a tenner a month" and is now confused. Not wanting to bother her pal but fine with gaslighting me into it, lol.

Cheers Funk.
  • OK so my guess is she went for the most basic version of online which is called Simple Start. It's usually £12 month and is for VAT registered businesses.

She should have gone for Self-Employed which is priced at £8 per month and is quite different from VAT registered version so existing data will need to be migrated....doh.

This bit of website helps: 

"If you need to move from QuickBooks Self Employed to Simple Start (or vice versa) our friendly team will explain how to migrate your data. Of course, it's easier if you pick the right QuickBooks product from the start, so please call us on 0808 168 9533 if you need any guidance."

You're "vice versa". At the moment she'll be paying for two separate products doing the same thing. If you don't miss the extra £4 per month it may be easier to stay with Simple Start (which does everything she needs plus VAT which is the only meaningful difference I can see. Both support self assessment returns, both support expenses etc.
  • Ah, righto, Simple Start definitely rings a bell to me. That's what she's done. I think she's only put in a month or so's worth of data so hopefully it won't be too bad. Will update.

Thanks again man. Lifesaver cos I'm reeeeeeeeeeally bloody tired today.
  • Right, the Online one has been cancelled and she's subbed to SE. Thankfully, she had already input the same expenses data for each of them so nothing was 'lost'. What was lost was my brain afterwards as she tried to explain to me parts of it overall she didn't fully understand. Its all Greek to me so eventually she gave up and said "oh ill just ask Jess" I mean, omg, how dare I? Heh.

Thanks again man.
  • No worries glad it's sorted, AND she's paying less so winner winner chicken dinner
  • kestla wrote:
    Would like to book 1 or 2 nights in a cottage somewhere with the wife and 4 year old daughter. Near a beach is preferable, but not make or break. Some solitude would be grand, though.

Have had a quick gander, but the volume of websites, locations etc is overwhelming. Who knew so many people had holiday homes to rent?!

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm based in London, but happy to drive 3 or 4 hours if need be.

Going through various websites is a nightmare for this. I've found the best way is to find a location you're keen on, then open Google maps and search for accommodation nearby. You can find some hidden gems this way.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!