Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yes

Yes they are, in fact all trikes are stupid, worst of both worlds, can't lane split, can't lean, still get wet
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Potentially less likely to kill you than a bike and more convenient in cities than a car, though.
  • Yoss gets it.
    Once we can go back to the office, I'll have an hour tram ride ahead of me each way. This would take about 20mins on a bike. Its not feasible by car for a number of reasons. Having never cycled, I think a 3 wheeled moped would be my only viable alternative.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    What's the balance of happiness when you factor in that short commute Vs the passing opinions of people you'll probably never meet (people on the street, not us)?
  • What's the balance of happiness when you factor in that short commute Vs the passing opinions of people you'll probably never meet (people on the street, not us)?

Don't really give a toss about others opinions.  I'm more asking here to see if I'm really that far off with my idea, any I've mentioned it to seems horrified at the idea.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I was very close to buying one but in the end I got a car instead. But I think they're great. Much safer and more comfortable. I'd buy one over a motorbike any day of the week. Plus, at least here, you don't need a bike license to ride one.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Potentially less likely to kill you than a bike and more convenient in cities than a car, though.

Two things kill you on a bike, overconfidence/recklessness and drivers. I don't think a trike really prevents either of those things. Admittedly I was initially thinking of bigger trikes than the one in the image, but that one there is still easily ignored by lazy drivers. If you feel more confident however then absolutely go for it, just rember to assume you are invisible and ride accordingly
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    That's not a trike.

This is a trike.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I don't see the big problem with them. If you can still lane split and park in tiny spaces, which are the big benefits of urban biking, then it'd be worth it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There are rumblings about me losing my parking space in work (along with everyone else apart from the Big Cheeses) and rumours of space buyouts for those who have had a space for certain number of years (I have had mine for 15 years or so - something to do with custom and practice in our contracts). I also get a driver allowance of £100 a month and would probably lose that.

If I do lose it I'd consider getting an e-bike, especially if I got a buy out. Though I am well served on bus routes (which is the reason for the parking cut back to encourage alternative forms of transport while being able to repurpose the sizable city centre estate that our car parks inhabit).  Safety is my primary concern though. Belfast is pretty awful for cyclists.
  • Should i get a Switch (2019 model i presume) or Switch Lite ? Main purpose is for when i'm out of the house or can't use the TV but then again something like Breath of the Wild 2 might be nice on the big TV.

I've seen some headlines about joycons breaking a lot or something. What is a joycon? Is that the thing you use to control the game when you playing it on the big TV?

note: i'd like this before long holiday end of August, so rumoured Pro may be out of consideration
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I got a Switch last Summer with an extra pair of joycons (they are the basic controller - they come in pairs). It is played pretty much always docked though one of my daughters does play handheld occasionally. It doesn't get super heavy use but the controllers have been fine (fingers crossed). People have experienced the analogue sticks malfunctioning - causing your onscreen character to move left or right when the stick is centred. I haven't as yet after 1 year of reasonable use with 2 pairs of joycons. My daughter has caned MK8 on it and has got all the golds with 3 stars etc. She plays a lot of MP with her sister. She has completed Luigi's Mansion 3 and the 3 of us play a fair bit of Mario 3D land. Loving Treasure Tracker on it too.

It is a splendid console , particularly for Nintendo's own content but the e-shop seems to be well supported with plenty of content.
  • Sooo you think the extra £ for the big model is probably worth it?
  • I've got a Switch and my daughter has a Switch Lite. The Lite is a nifty little thing but I'd never recommend it over a full fat console. Certain games won't work on it for a start. OG model is worth the extra money for sure, but you're effectively rolling the dice with Joycon drift. Although that can affect the Lite models too apparently.
  • Plus at least you can deal with it as a separate entity on the OG, rather than having to replace the whole Lite unit.
  • Ohh didn't realise it could affect Lite. Thanks. Think decision nearly made. Silly question(s). I buy the full fat console. I can charge it while using it handheld, right? (like it doesn't have to be docked and connected to tv to charge.) And it has 3.5mm headphone socket, right?
  • Yep and yep.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Anyone know a good metal shop? Need an amp chassis made, none of the pre-builts are big enough for my dreadful schemes.
  • Roughly where are you?  I know some strong as fabricators but I’m guessing the distance might screw things up?
  • Can be anywhere on this shit isle.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    A horrifying thought
  • PM me a real rough run down of what you want and I’ll ask them tomorrow morning.
  • That hat collection is going for 150k now. So all that arguing got them a measly £3750.

I'm being asked by the woman I love to put it all behind me and move forwards like nothing ever happened. I'm going to try for her sake, but I'm not sure I'll be able to.
  • Anyone able to offer any advice on a home removal service? I'm looking to shift the contents of a full storage unit in Swansea to Glasgow. Have contacted Pickfords for a quote already but wondered if anyone had another company they would recommend?
  • That hat collection is going for 150k now. So all that arguing got them a measly £3750. I'm being asked by the woman I love to put it all behind me and move forwards like nothing ever happened. I'm going to try for her sake, but I'm not sure I'll be able to.

Future tea parties with the hatters are going to be pretty awkward I'd imagine.  I guess pretending to put it behind you would be your best course of action, I assume that's what your partner will be doing too.
  • Yup. Life's too short to be worrying about stuff like that in the long term. Yesterday's news. Time to move on with life. :)
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Who wants to spend their life pretending though? Just living a lie really, joking around in the company of people you know would happily do you over for pennies.
  • Don't eat out with them, ever, otherwise you won't be able to resist a barb when the bill arrives.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!