Ask the Bear & Badger
  • Hmm, just not sure what I would need to get or how easy they are to replace.  Anyone done this before?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yes. Most likely the join at the back of the shower head is a standard size and you can just get any old piece to fit it, or the piece from the original manufacturers if you want.
  • E6000 is a handy glue to have around, or yeah some epoxy resin.
  • This looks pretty similar.  Do they just screw on?  Am not plumber and am wary of fucking around with taps and whatnot.
  • Having done my own fucking homework it seems that they do just screw off and on.  Might try it after a few beers later.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, they should be just screw on screw off and most pieces are a standard size.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah, the shower head isn't complicated. The tap/valve are at the other end of the long pipe so no need to worry about fucking them up.
  • Cable tie a colander to it.
  • Boring question incoming... any internet provider recommendations? I was using Sky before and it was perfectly ok but that was a couple of years ago now.
  • Scout wrote:
    Boring question incoming... any internet provider recommendations? I was using Sky before and it was perfectly ok but that was a couple of years ago now.

I've found Sky fast, inexpensive and reliable and open to fairly easy persusion when you want the price dropped.

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    EE have been pretty good for me. They even reduced the my bill earlier this year out of nowhere.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I've just switched to sky from BT. They're fine. I always recommend Plusnet if they are competitive on price, great customer service.
  • Only one I’ve had problems with were Vodafone when the branched out into home bb. Router kept dropping connections and the landline, despite being a brand new number, got spam calls on a regular basis. Was only with them two months before I moved out of their supported area.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'm with Virgin and have been for 20 years. They are fine but I've had to put their box into modem mode and plug a better router into it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Been with Virgin for donkeys. Getting 500mb connection in new house.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I jump from Virgin to BT (via Topcash back to get an easy £150-£200) . Both are fine but as davy states Virgins Superhub 3 is awful so I advise buying a separate router.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Zen topped the Which? poll so I went with them. No complaints so far.
  • Thanks for the suggestions all.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Looking for a gaming headset. Would be nice if it will work on PS5, PS4 and Switch.

So far I'm seeing the Sony Pulse, Steel series Arctic, Astro and Logitech mentioned, haven't deep dived into specific models yet but wondering what people here use.

(Wireless with dongle preferred)
  • I have Steel Series Arctic 1 (wired one) - can't fault it. Good comfort and quality and sound. Made me better at Warzone over my previous things because can hear footsteps easier.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Thanks, was leaning towards the 7p but the 1 are also contenders. Will probably see what Best Buy has today as they have a 1-2 week return policy / no questions asked so could try them out.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Thanks, was leaning towards the 7p but the 1 are also contenders. Will probably see what Best Buy has today as they have a 1-2 week return policy / no questions asked so could try them out.

I think that the 7X may be a better option even if you don’t own an Xbox. The dongle that they come with works with PlayStation, as well as Xbox and PC, whereas the 7P only work with PlayStation, IIRC. Can’t remember what’s what with connecting to the Switch, but if the P can, the X can.

I think that the only downside of the X over the P on PlayStation is that the chat/game sound mixer dial doesn’t work.

It’s worth doing a comparison on the two before you buy.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Will keep that in mind, think the 7P was supposed to come with an USB C dongle, which does mean I can use it Switch handheld easily as well.

Haven't really seen the 7X mentioned yet but I'll investigate more. Headphone websites are hard to navigate if you want general knowledge. I know more about mic accesoires than actual headphone specs by now.
  • Isn't Switch connectivity a 3.5mm jack?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Will keep that in mind, think the 7P was supposed to come with an USB C dongle, which does mean I can use it Switch handheld easily as well.

Haven't really seen the 7X mentioned yet but I'll investigate more. Headphone websites are hard to navigate if you want general knowledge. I know more about mic accesoires than actual headphone specs by now.

The 7X is just the version of the 7P designed to work with Xbox instead of PlayStation, but it seems to be a better all-rounder. It also has a USB C dongle.

This looks like a good review and comparison.

https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/steelseries-arctis-7p-7x
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Was just reading that review, will have to see what's available in store as well (prefer that in case I want to return). Reading it's not as great for music as other options will need more investigation though, see what's available there. It's not the main priority as we have plenty of good headphones, but all wired.

Isn't Switch connectivity a 3.5mm jack?
    There have been updates and it can now connect headphones with USB dongles. Dock has regular USB A, handheld has USB C.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I reckon they’re decent enough for music. They don’t sound all that muddy to me.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Thanks, it seems to change a bit from review to review... Just read one that said the steelseries 7 are "at the forefront of the revolution" when it comes to moving away from bass first and have a more neutral sound. Which is what I'd prefer, 1- I'm easily scared and over the top loud booms don't help, 2- it seems to come with software to tweak if needed.

I won't be using it for music often I'd assume, but being able to paint minis when I have time again with a wireless set would be nice. Or walking around the house.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!