Assassin's Creed
  • Have some more pics then:

HKDWlEC.jpg

4Xwg2dw.jpg

HzMJ5oq.jpg

OHNu4SV.jpg

yrX86DG.jpg
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Noice
  • Gawgous!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • 1 and 4 are ok, rest are garishly-nasty, look at me!, try-hard...euck.

Also, I think Freud would have a lot to say about 3, plus maybe 2.
  • Tough crowd.
    I think they look great.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Yep, nicely done, Matty.
    Get schwifty.
  • Cheers gang ( not you indigo ;))
  • So the patch seems to have sorted all the tearing on the Series X plus there seems to be no noticeable difference graphically on performance mode so all good.

This is my first Assasins Creed game and I am loving it, I've hardly done any of the main game I don't think as I keep getting drawn into the side quests. The world they have created is just chocker full of fun stuff to do but the Edge review talks about 70hrs which is a bit daunting but if it keeps this up Im hopeful that I'll make it to the end
  • My in game clock says I've done 40 hours... Which I don't think it correct as there is no actual 'pause' button.

But I'm only on my third section of the map out of 13 (I think). I am currently doing every single thing on the map though. Oh also forgot about Norway! Must've been a good bunch of hours there too.
  • Just had my first disapointment.
    Spoiler:

Appreciate I'm probably expecting the game to do a bit much and I'm sure the
    Spoiler:
    makes for a nice set piece but it would have been nice for the game to be a bit more flexible.
  • Yeah I've had things like that myself. Or going through a whole town and coming across a door I can't open by myself, so I blown the horn and kick off a raid, magically summoning a person helping me
  • I think we can all agree though that magic horse is super useful.
  • You definitely have to forget about any notion of logic when playing it. I think that's generally been the way with AC.
  • I'm on 20 hours now and feel I've barely started. They've really done the business with the world this time. I catch myself stopping and just looking at the game. Still think character models are a bit dodgy though. The loop of explore, raid/mission etc is balanced just right for me at the moment. Haven't found any amazing weapons yet. I presume they'll come later...
    Peter3C
  • JonB wrote:
    You definitely have to forget about any notion of logic when playing it. I think that's generally been the way with AC.

Yep. Was worse in the first, but for main stuff yeah, it's frustrating.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I ploughed 38 hours into this and now have little desire to return to it, despite hardly scraping the main story. It's biggest problem is the level scaling, or indeed the complete lack of of it. I was a level 90 Viking striding across a level 20 zone, with no challenge in sight. How did the game let me get in the situation where I am so ridiculously overpowered? It's no fun being a Viking with nothing but axe-fodder enemies to wet my blade.

I had the choice, I recall, to advance the story by going into a level 90 zone but opted instead to mop up an earlier 20 zone which I still hadn't scouted yet, and that's where my troubles began. God knows what it would have been like if I had left the latter zone until I mopped up the 90 level area,  then starting that even more overpowered than am I now. The difficulty / level map in this game is a mess, and it was never this bad in Odyssey, despite it using a similar system.

Adjusting the difficulty setting to Hard has no discernible difference when you fighting enemies 70 levels below you.

I'm also missing Odyssey's ship combat more than I thought I would. It helped break up the land-based stuff when assassinating camps and forts all got a bit a stale. The Conquest Battles in the previous title were genuinely fraught affairs, with a rapidly diminishing progress bar showing you in which direction the battle was going. Failure was a distinct possibility. Compare this to the Monastery Raids of Valhalla where everything is a cakewalk and there's no sense of danger or threat of your attack being repulsed.

Remember that SkillUp review which we all lambasted for being too negative? Well whisper it, I think he may have been right after all....
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Couldn't you... Go to the level 90 zone, enjoy that, and just not mop up the area you're finding boring??
  • That reminds me of when I played Skyrim and spent all my time doing the guild stuff. When I finally went back to the main story I was so overpowered it was pointless.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yet weirdly I'm probably at a similar hourage but have obviously wasted my time doing pointless tasks as I haven't leveled up that much. I'm also obviously still a novice at fighting (this is my first AC game) as I still can't beat the knights.

I'm still enjoying it though, although I've now got a glitch where I'm drunk at the start of every save point!

• acemuzzy wrote:
    Couldn't you... Go to the level 90 zone, enjoy that, and just not mop up the area you're finding boring??

Once you nominate a region to 'conquer' you're kinda locked into that area if you want to complete the main storyline, which I do. You're free to travel into other areas, but you can't advance the story there. It's bollocks.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • By the time you've done all the map icons for an area you gain a lot of levels... And when you're like me and like 'completing' a zone, you get strong fast
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:

Once you nominate a region to 'conquer' you're kinda locked into that area if you want to complete the main storyline, which I do. You're free to travel into other areas, but you can't advance the story there. It's bollocks.

Oh. Yeah that does sound shit!
  • Just really started getting stuck into Valhalla , it was a bit slow to get into only 12hrs in but it’s decent.....now I find myself just getting lost wandering about trying to do missions and then getting totally distracted by a random side quest for an hour haha
  • That's me too, I'm still enjoying it loads, I'm about 37 hrs in level 90ish.

Just gone to:
    Spoiler:
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I’m a bit stuck. I’ve done all of the missions (pledges) and the extra bits with the exception of the fist lot that you get to do as the game begins (getting the village to level six and what not) and I can’t figure out how to proceed.

Any ideas?
  • It's a Ubi game so the world map should be jammed with 'you go here now' icons / maybe try activate a quest.
  • Lads..... help me keep my shit together .....
    My mrs saved over my save file I have lost everything .... 23hrs into it lvl50odds
  • Oh...

Well to give this a positive spin, the fact you were only 23 hrs in and already level 150 which is 50 beyond me (even after putting over 50hrs in) means that you are super efficient and even if you were to start from scratch again, you will complete this before I do.

Sorry that's all I have, I'd be pretty angry.
  • No I was lvl 50 man I am fuming man

It’s so hard to fit time in between shifts in the hosp almost woke her up with an elbow drop this morning
  • Has she got a Facebook or Instagram you could permanently delete?!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!