The TV you like thread
  • I thought there were five or six seasons for some reason. Now I can't decide.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Watch Succession because there’s more coming, so you can get caught up ahead of the new series and not leave it until there are 5 or 6 seasons to get through.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Watch Succession because there’s more coming, so you can get caught up ahead of the new series and not leave it until there are 5 or 6 seasons to get through.

I did this with Supernatural, and then it ended 11 years later.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    People Just Do Nothing - just finished the final episode. A lyrical blow to the jaw! It was great from start to finish, great characters, never wore out their welcome (although towards the end one or two of them went from being likeably stupid to slightly cuntish). I'll watch the film, although it'll probably be nowhere as good as the series, a la Hardy Bucks.
  • Kow wrote:
    People Just Do Nothing - just finished the final episode. A lyrical blow to the jaw! It was great from start to finish, great characters, never wore out their welcome (although towards the end one or two of them went from being likeably stupid to slightly cuntish). I'll watch the film, although it'll probably be nowhere as good as the series, a la Hardy Bucks.

There's a Hardy Bucks film? I binged the whole series of that a few months back, absolutely loved it. Actually started watching it again last night, and watched a YouTube comp of the original shorts. Instant classic series for me up there with the best.

PJDN is similarly excellent, reminds me of moving to London 15 years ago and working around the Brentford area, bare mans. I don't have high hopes for the film either but I'll definitely see it, and who knows, fingers crossed it's decent.

Love Beats, what a character.
  • Just finished s3 of money heist. S4 will get hammered asap. Feel like s5 in September should be last already. Because as much as it's amazing, it surely can't keep the quality.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Kow wrote:

There is a pretty good podcast too.
  • I am really getting into Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels, and I remembered that Sky did some adaptations a little over a decade ago, so I looked up Now TV and yep, they had them. Really looking forward to watching The Colour of Magic tonight!
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • From what I hear they are not supposed to be very good TV adaptations at all. I'd steer clear if I were you. The last one in particular was critically panned being as it was a re-imagining of The Watch but set in modern times. Curiously David Jason was rumoured to be a huge Pratchett fan and pursued the rights for some time. Would've liked to have seen him as a bumbling Rincewind.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • He did play Rincewind in the Colour of Magic. Then he played Albert in Hogfather.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    Kow wrote:

There's a Hardy Bucks film? I binged the whole series of that a few months back, absolutely loved it. Actually started watching it again last night, and watched a YouTube comp of the original shorts. Instant classic series for me up there with the best.

Fun fact, Hardy Bucks was filmed in my gf's town so I know the place really well. The guy who plays Frenchtoast is her best friend's brother.

• Going Postal was the best of the Pratchett TV adaptations. Not that it was great by any means, but they nailed the setting properly – Ankh-Morpork felt like a real place, and almost its own character in the show.
  • Yeah, I apologize, seemed he did. Hapless Wizard indeed!

7011b71ed1f1ea93fb1a795ee56df746.jpg
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • There was one good Pratchett adaptation. A short film by a bunch of Aussie fans called Run Rincewind Run. It doesn’t appear to be online any more though, they removed it from YouTube and Vimeo because of music licensing issues. It was made for a Discworld convention in Oz and featured Rincewind getting magicked into our world, where (obviously) he was terrified of everything and just started running away. Eventually he runs into the convention centre, where all the fans are watching the film, and the Rincewind actor bursts into the auditorium, runs to the front of the audience, and has a freakout at Pratchett himself.

The same team went on to crowdfund and make this – an adaptation of Troll Bridge, the first Discworld short story (I think Troll Bridge was even published before the first book was ).

• Will report back tonight when I watch The Colour of Magic. Adaptations are a tricky thing, but the cast seems right and the first few minutes did a good job visualizing the Disc traveling through space.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • A young David Jason would’ve been perfect as Vimes I reckon.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I have no interest in any TV or film adaptation because they will never live up to the living, breathing Discworld that Pratchett conjured in my head.
  • Kow wrote:

Agree with all this, including the cuntish part. Big heart TV. The ending was...nice.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    I didn't mind the Cosgrove Hall animated adaptations of the Pratchett stuff

And I say that as a HUGE fan of the books
  • Kow wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    Kow wrote:

Fun fact, Hardy Bucks was filmed in my gf's town so I know the place really well. The guy who plays Frenchtoast is her best friend's brother.

Nice. Just the name Frenchtoast O'Toole cracks me up.

Buzz is a legend.

Rewatched the one last night with the King of the Town contest, or whatever it is. Top tier TV.

@moot you should get on this if you haven't seen it before, it's on Netflix.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The old web episodes are all on Youtube.
  • Kow wrote:
    The old web episodes are all on Youtube.

Yeah that's what I watched on there I think, there's a 2+hr compilation. Quality stuff. Reminds me of my mate Dez from Galway. Shkyline.
  • "jaysus she be rippin up floorboards looking for pipe"
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The self defense classes...
  • So many classic moments, gonna continue my rewatch shortly I think.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's not even a goldfish, it's a carrot in a bag of water.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    A young David Jason would’ve been perfect as Vimes I reckon.

I picture someone like Clive Owen myself.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sean Bean, workman af
  • Can't actually picture a young David Jason.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!