The TV you like thread
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Sean Bean, workman af

Good call
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I_R wrote:
    Can't actually picture a young David Jason.

Think Open All Hours.

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • nick_md wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    People Just Do Nothing - just finished the final episode. A lyrical blow to the jaw! It was great from start to finish, great characters, never wore out their welcome (although towards the end one or two of them went from being likeably stupid to slightly cuntish). I'll watch the film, although it'll probably be nowhere as good as the series, a la Hardy Bucks.

There's a Hardy Bucks film? I binged the whole series of that a few months back, absolutely loved it. Actually started watching it again last night, and watched a YouTube comp of the original shorts. Instant classic series for me up there with the best.

Fun fact, Hardy Bucks was filmed in my gf's town so I know the place really well. The guy who plays Frenchtoast is her best friend's brother.

Nice. Just the name Frenchtoast O'Toole cracks me up.

Buzz is a legend.

Rewatched the one last night with the King of the Town contest, or whatever it is. Top tier TV.

@moot you should get on this if you haven't seen it before, it's on Netflix.

Joe's probably referring to a shit hardy bucks film. Never ever forgive RTE for butchering that oeuvre.

French toast also my favourite. A tragic figure. He reminded me of these unlucky boys growing up back home. Even looks wise a bit. When they ruin his clean golfing lifestyle *chef's kiss*

Algerian version of french toast here, guy on guitar behind the mandolin. Genes are a funny old thing

https://youtu.be/JUnzOQXG2JE
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Finished Part 1 of The Colour of Magic, and I quite enjoyed this. A pretty faithful adaptation, though I am admittedly a Discworld novice, and it features stuff from The Light Fantastic too. Cast is very well chosen and all do a good job. Nice seeing Nigel Planer pop up too, seeing as he did all the audiobooks. One and a half thumbs up.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • POPPO probably prefers the RTE version
    "I thought the production was crisper, also the jokes had some nice punch lines. But overall not as good as Not Going Out"
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I'd say Buzz is my favourite, what a header. Frenchtoast a close second though. The whole cast is great tbh, Salmon's a dark horse contender for best supporting. Just a great series all together and I heartily recommend everyone watch it.
  • It does actually have a lot in common with PJDN, the whole documentary style etc.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    I_R wrote:
    Can't actually picture a young David Jason.
    Think Open All Hours.
    He was in his forties for most of that.
  • David Jason once bought me and my mum a scampi dinner.  None of you are topping that.
  • David Jason once helped me get rid of a body.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    David Jason once helped me get rid of David Jason’s body before he formed a new corporeal being and took my whole family out for lobster.
  • David Jason turned me *into* a goddamn lobster. I am still wondering why...
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    He was worried about running out of lobster during that meal. Of course, we’d all foolishly filled up on bread so couldn’t eat much lobster at all.
  • If you're going to eat a man/lobster hybrid, the least you can do is finish what you start!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Anyhow. TV.....

Watched the 2nd half of Day of The Triffids (2009) on Prime. Mixed feelings about it. It's remains reasonably close to the book (and the BBC '81 series) re storyline but the second half feels rushed. They tried to put too much in and didn't have enough time to make the most of some scenarios.

One cannot fault the cast which has quite an array of talent on show and maybe the cost of that explains its rushed feel. Joely Richardson is a damn handsome woman :)

Could have been so much better but it was OK. I think that perhaps we expect too much of adaptations of classic books and perhaps we are doomed to be forever disappointed with stuff like this.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • We are all David Jason.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Superb
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Disappointed by the book (Raiziel warned me) but looking forward to some epic sci-fi. If nothing else it looks amazing.

• Going to be getting The Sopranos next week, so to prepare I am going to be watching this in the meantime: 

CWvL1ff.jpg
  • I loved the first couple of seasons of Boardwalk and for some reason never went back after. I really should.

Sopranos is my number 1. Others come close but Sopranos wins out.
  • I love the time period most about it, I think. So many interesting details.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s sumptuously made, that’s for sure.

Great beard, by the way.
  • Why thank you, Yossarian.
  • Yeah the costumes and sets(real and CG) really make the show.
    There is also some eye candy in there.
    Spoiler:
  • Ha, agreed ;)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    His suits are great. You need to get through all of Boardwalk and the Sopranos by October for the Sopranos prequel film The Many Saints of Newark
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Disappointed by the book (Raiziel warned me) but looking forward to some epic sci-fi. If nothing else it looks amazing.

I’m looking forward to it too.  Yes, the book was bobbins, but you simply can’t do a faithful adaptation of the book anyway.  Massive creative liberties will be taken, and the series will be all the better for it.
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!