adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Just found out Amazon's upcoming Wheel of Time series has had to recast one of the three principal characters from the books for Season 2 for mysterious unrevealed reasons. Bit awkward, will be interesting to see if anything has gone noticeably awry on screen.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Just finished Midnight Mass (Netflix). Mike Flanagan does it again. Starts stronger than it ends, but still a really great show overall.
    Get schwifty.
  • Didn't realise Dave, the comedy by rapper Little Dicky, is all on iplayer so I've been enjoying that a lot. Defo recommend it, it's him taking the piss out of himself a bit and being semi biographical about being a white rapper who isn't really taken seriously but is actually good really.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Just finished Midnight Mass (Netflix). Mike Flanagan does it again. Starts stronger than it ends, but still a really great show overall.

I thought it was OK but a little dull. Crucially, not scary in the slightest, and lacks the revulsion of Midsommer ( even though that wasn't particularly good).
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Final episode left of Maid on Netflix. It really is a great series, well written and acted, powerful without getting either overly dramatic or overly sentimental. It has a few gut punches, though.
  • Interrogation is still great. Structure creates some interesting problems and strengths.

Because outside of 1st and last eps, you can watch in any order, each ep kinda has to leave the same doubts/breadcrumbs.

As it's about a murder, each ep is basically either a bunch of reasons dude could have done it, with a twist of evidence for innocence, or vice versa.

Some casting (including the accused) is same actor throughout, even though we're talking 83 to 2017ish for timeframe, while others are one for young and one for old.

Can throw you a bit. There would be a way to order it roughly chronologically, I think, depending how last ep is done, unsure if that'd be better or worse.

Anyhoo. 2 eps to go, and solid recommend from me, regardless.

(only on cbs online by legit means I think.)

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    I thought it was OK but a little dull. Crucially, not scary in the slightest, and lacks the revulsion of Midsommer ( even though that wasn't particularly good).

I don’t think I’ve seen a horror series that can maintain a scary atmosphere.  It’s just such a big ask when you have a long runtime.  This is really a supernatural tale with horror elements, and horror isn’t necessarily something that makes you jump or hide behind a cushion; it can be something like good people doing terrible things to people they love and what have you.
    Get schwifty.
  • Finally getting around to watching the last few episodes of Billions season five, after it was put on hold by Covid. It’s nice to be back in that world and get the story wrapped up a bit.
  • Only Murders in the Building
    This is a weird one to find myself recommending - it's what would generally be described as "a gentle comedy", which is usually a polite way of saying not all that funny. Certainly I don't think I laughed out loud at any point, but I did find myself enjoying its company. No-one on Earth wants their TV show to be described as being like putting on a nice pair of slippers but, that's probably what this is.

It's a murder mystery of sorts, starring Steve Martin, Martin Short and, erm, Selena Gomez as three amateur sleuths who come together through their love of true crime podcasts, and then decide to make their own after someone in their fancy New York apartment building dies in mysterious circumstances.

It's ridiculous, obviously.  Steve Martin (who co-wrote with John Hoffman) mostly plays it straight, whilst Martin Short plays it like Martin Short.  Selena Gomez plays it as a woman whose face is an immovable slab which, weirdly, works quite well.

It has a whole sack full of ridiculous twists which keep things moving, and, yes, the murder mystery has an actual resolution, even as they set things up for a second series.

No-one's going to be writing breathless editorials about this show, but Steve Martin's the best he's been in a while, the cast is pretty incredible (despite Sting) and it's a pretty enjoyable way to spend a few hours.  Oh, and the opening credits are beautiful.
  • I’ve watched a couple of episodes of “you” on Netflix. It’s a lot of fun and particularly spicy with the main character being a sliding doors version of the actors character in gossip girl.
  • I’m enjoying season three of You, after feeling that season two was a bit of a dip.

(Spoilering for anyone who hasn’t seen S1 & S2)
    Spoiler:
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:

I don’t think I’ve seen a horror series that can maintain a scary atmosphere.  It’s just such a big ask when you have a long runtime.  This is really a supernatural tale with horror elements, and horror isn’t necessarily something that makes you jump or hide behind a cushion; it can be something like good people doing terrible things to people they love and what have you.

Interesting take, I see what you mean.
  • I'm being subjected to You and still get irrationally annoyed at the constant inner monologue quips, and now both of them do it???? Fucking fuck me.
  • So covid has scuppered going to see Dune at the cinema on release, and I'll be honest I'm really put off being around any number of people at all anymore. So I'm gonna watch the torrent. Fuck it.
  • I've been watching so much TV this last week it's obscene. I'm going through Sopranos entire all over again, I'm halfway through Midnight Mass and Squid Game, just finished the Haunting of Hill House (which was great but meandered and went on too long)

Netflix is pretty good if you're suffering with covid.
  • So covid has scuppered going to see Dune at the cinema on release, and I'll be honest I'm really put off being around any number of people at all anymore. So I'm gonna watch the torrent. Fuck it.

I'm most of the way through, the 10gig version is impeccable. Doing it on new monitor.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    There's a 4k copy out tomorrow if you wait
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    On tv?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Technically yes. HBO Max.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'll have that so.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    In other news, I finished Maid and I can't recommend it enough. A proper tv series with good acting and writing and no murders, car chases, superheroes etc. Really great, affecting stuff.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I was recommended a Taskmaster video on YouTube and then I watched a couple of episodes on All4 and now I watch Taskmaster.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:

Tempy reminded me to watch Channel Zero. 4 seasons of six eps each where each season is based on a creepy pasta essentially. Your internet horror folk stories.
    Most of the way through season 1 and it is excellent and, for me, has managed to remain creepy throughout with some very nice horror imagery and moments.

From what Tempy and Skerret have said it manages to be great throughout all the seasons.

Recommend if you want something new to watch in horror tv
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Watched them a few months back.  Season two was by far the best.
    Get schwifty.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I was recommended a Taskmaster video on YouTube and then I watched a couple of episodes on All4 and now I watch Taskmaster.
    It's the best. Jealous that'll you'll get to see the Bob Mortimer season for the first time.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:

Tempy reminded me to watch Channel Zero. 4 seasons of six eps each where each season is based on a creepy pasta essentially. Your internet horror folk stories.
    Most of the way through season 1 and it is excellent and, for me, has managed to remain creepy throughout with some very nice horror imagery and moments.

From what Tempy and Skerret have said it manages to be great throughout all the seasons.

Recommend if you want something new to watch in horror tv

Will check it out, cheers.
  • Gremill wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    It's the best. Jealous that'll you'll get to see the Bob Mortimer season for the first time.

I too got into TM over the last few months, the All4 app crashes my PS4 every single fucking time tho. I should watch on my laptop but that requires changing a cable, or at least switching the laptop on, so, barriers to entry.

• Sometimes I think I must be the only one in the world that just doesn’t get Taskmaster.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • You’re not the only one, G. I’m right there with you.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Thrice, nay.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!