The TV you like thread
  • I found the first episode depressing so I switched it off.
  • Episode of what Griff???

Ha, you will never know!
  • Squid Game.

Fuck you, Griff.
  • Should put that in spoilers.
  • I'll put you in spoilers.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've started watching Succession. It's decent, eh?
  • Yeah, and it keeps getting better.
  • I should watch season two before the third one starts really. First season was great.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Just had
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm also interested in Scenes From a Marriage but the concept stresses me
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Ted Lasso season 2 seems a bit... off the pace? Not sure what it is but it's lost something.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Foundation Episode 4. I'm enjoying this more, with the story of Empire being the best bits.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Just had
    Spoiler:

I binge watched all of Succession a few weeks back and it’s just soooo good. I think end of season 1 and all of season 2 are top tier excellent, really does get better as it goes on.

Really looking forward to the new season now.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Ted Lasso season 2 seems a bit... off the pace? Not sure what it is but it's lost something.

For me it's that feeling of artificially generating drama but not doing it particularly well, like plot points drift in and out of relevance.
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Foundation Episode 4. I'm enjoying this more, with the story of Empire being the best bits.

It's so slow though...
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I don't usually watch series stuff but having heard of Squid Game mentioned enough times I  decided to give it a watch. 2 episodes in and, while I enjoy the premise enough to keep on watching, I can't help but feel it isn't particularly well made. The characters are kind of crap, and their interactions are crammed with cliche. Parts of the screenplay have all the rigidity and stunted flow of a video game cutscene, with extras in the background making the sort of theatrically orchestrated gestures that wouldn't look out of place for a background sprite in SF2. But yea, it's watchable.
  • Is anyone watching Midnight Mass on Netflix?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yeah, drags a bit and isn't very scary.
  • Almost
    Finished with
    It
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:

It's so slow though...

Loving Foundation. I've no issue with the pacing. The show is so detailed there's tonnes of stuff to notice and observe. This is one of those shows that can be rewatched and you'd keep on noticing things.
  • I think the main issue I have with it was the way in which Jared Harris
    Spoiler:

I am liking the whole cloned tribunal thing, but rather disliked the way they set that young girl up to be other main character, and then
    Spoiler:
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Thank god we soon have the return of The Expanse to deliver some proper space opera:

Although I would be perfectly content to watch a spin off series where Shohreh Aghdashloo plays a constantly stressed out space hotel manager in the farthest reaches of the galaxy where she constantly berates her weird alien staff for messing things up:

What do you mean you've booked the fucking Thargoids in suite 22?! That was reserved for the Andorian ambassadors you useless sack of shit! How can you possibly make a booking error of that magnitude?! - you've got seven sets of compound eyes protruding from your forehead, but they may as well have put them on your goddamn ass for all the good they do you!
  • lol. Yep. She leans into saying FUCKing hard.

Weekly release will shit me again.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I don't usually watch series stuff but having heard of Squid Game mentioned enough times I  decided to give it a watch. 2 episodes in and, while I enjoy the premise enough to keep on watching, I can't help but feel it isn't particularly well made. The characters are kind of crap, and their interactions are crammed with cliche. Parts of the screenplay have all the rigidity and stunted flow of a video game cutscene, with extras in the background making the sort of theatrically orchestrated gestures that wouldn't look out of place for a background sprite in SF2. But yea, it's watchable.

Yeah it's shite
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I thought it were fine and entertaining but I'm far from clambering aboard the meme-train. I watched 4 or 5 eps in a row then finished it the next day, was alright.

I think the clichéd characters are part of the course for stuff from the region.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    I think the main issue I have with it was the way in which Jared Harris
    Spoiler:

My take was that...
    Spoiler:
  • Which would be a hot take, if it wasn't the fact that his mathematical predicto theorem plots out the fates of galaxies, star systems and planets - not individual people.  Somebody mentions this early on I think.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    I think the main issue I have with it was the way in which Jared Harris
    Spoiler:

I am liking the whole cloned tribunal thing, but rather disliked the way they set that young girl up to be other main character, and then
    Spoiler:

Re spoiler two. See the end of the latest episode….
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Just finished S1 of The Leftovers - really quite phenomenal TV. The cast are superb, every one of them.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Also, the Max Richter soundtrack is superb.
    Gamertag: gremill

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!