The TV you like thread
  • I struggle with Prime tbh.
    If we are just comparing Prime Video to Netflix then Netflix wins hands down.

All of Amazon's interfaces are absolute shite as well.
    Even sorting by free to me still ends up with a lot of repetition and trawling through garbage.
  • I'm at the same place with similar thoughts. A lot of it is great but I could do without the
    Spoiler:

Just the participants/games would be enough for me I think.

Mrs. Moot loving the whole shebang.

Edit: Squid Games
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I discovered February (also known as The Blackcoat’s Daughter) and other rare treats through Prime that I never might even have known about were it not for Prime.  There’s an awful lot of rubbish on there to trawl through, sure, but there’s gold there too.
    Get schwifty.
  • Rival streaming services are the new console wars. You heard it here first lads. It’s all about whose exclusives you want to watch, innit?
  • poprock wrote:
    Rival streaming services are the new console wars. You heard it here first lads. It’s all about whose exclusives you want to watch, innit?
    Sounds like something a Prime-ape would say.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It actually annoys me that Netflix subtitle and language settings are so much better than the other ones. I think the first time I watched an anime years and years ago I had to switch it to Japanese dub with sub and now basically all foreign language shows just magically work.

At the weekend I watched one of the Evangelion movies on Prime then started Clarkson's Farm the next day and had Jeremy Clarkson screaming at me in Japanese. I've also had issues with Star Wars Visions on Disney+ plus (hoho?) it's impossible to stop subtitles looking ugly as fuck on there.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I've just caught the first episode of Watchmen last night (on Now TV which I think has an OKish interface) and I liked it.  I swerved it at the time (as I don't like extended universe things taken from films e.g. Fargo)  I thought people here said it was shit?  That put me off it too. I should have known better.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'm at the same place with similar thoughts. A lot of it is great but I could do without the
    Spoiler:

Just the participants/games would be enough for me I think.

Mrs. Moot loving the whole shebang.

Edit: Squid Games

I'm in the same bag as you mate. Too much fluff around the meat of the thing.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    I've just caught the first episode of Watchmen last night (on Now TV which I think has an OKish interface) and I liked it.  I swerved it at the time (as I don't like extended universe things taken from films e.g. Fargo)  I thought people here said it was shit?  That put me off it too. I should have known better.

It’s great. And it gets better with each episode, so if you liked the first one you’re in for a treat.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I don't think it's appropriate to compare Prime with anything - the TV content is decent. But you also have the next day free delivery and the Amazon Music service which is also pretty good. For £8 a month I consider it good value. But if I was into TV/film more it wouldn't meet my needs.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • You can get prime video and prime delivery separately can't you? Or at least, I have the video but not the delivery. Maybe I'm being shafted.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    @nick_mid Wasn't aware of that....how much are you paying?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • poprock wrote:
    Blocks100 wrote:
    I've just caught the first episode of Watchmen last night (on Now TV which I think has an OKish interface) and I liked it.  I swerved it at the time (as I don't like extended universe things taken from films e.g. Fargo)  I thought people here said it was shit?  That put me off it too. I should have known better.
    It’s great. And it gets better with each episode, so if you liked the first one you’re in for a treat.

I thought it was brilliant.  Which was a surprise as I was confidently expecting to hate it.
  • davyK wrote:
    @nick_mid Wasn't aware of that....how much are you paying?

£4.99 pcm through EE. I should cancel that and go full moran prime probably for the extra £3.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    poprock wrote:
    Blocks100 wrote:

I thought it was brilliant.  Which was a surprise as I was confidently expecting to hate it.

I loved it too, I was desperate for more of it when it finished.

Cue Kow: "It was shit"
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Liked squid games
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • mk64 wrote:
    Liked squid games

I'm enjoying it too. I just love the oddness of Korean film making.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I really liked it.
    The only two things I would pick holes in. Spoilers for whole series.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It was shit. @everyone
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I really liked it.
    The only two things I would pick holes in. Spoilers for whole series.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I loved it but these two things are absolutely true.
  • Onto Episode 6 of Squid Game. Has some stellar moments but also some sub-soap shite.

Not getting the insane hype for it, it's decent but not much more.
    The soap stuff is fair of it doesn't float your boat, but it is pretty much a Thing in Korean TV/film. Love a bit of ludicrously OTT drama.

Most enjoyable TV I've seen for some time. Not that I watch much TV.

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm gonna associate Korean children's games with extreme stress for the rest of my life now.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Onto Episode 6 of Squid Game. Has some stellar moments but also some sub-soap shite.

Not getting the insane hype for it, it's decent but not much more.
    The soap stuff is fair of it doesn't float your boat, but it is pretty much a Thing in Korean TV/film.

I've watched a lot of Korean film. In good Korean film it isn't.

However I'll give ya that with TV, first Korean TV thing ive watched. Three episodes too long and those last 3 are just shit.

Has some stellar moments, particularly the first 3 games, and that first episode is a banger, but not something I'll be remembering a couple years from now.

Episode 7 in particular is hilariously, stunningly bad.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    OKAY. WELL THEN. HMMPH.
  • Finished 9 perfect strangers. Hmmm not fully sure where I sit with this one. By the end I was just wishing it would end. Final couple of episodes went in a somewhat interesting direction but overall.....hmmmm I'm a bit iffy on it
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Nine Perfect Strangers land looks exactly like my perfect retreat. Stunning architecture in nicely grounded surroundings with mushrooms supplied by a crazy, rich hippy. Haven’t got to the last episode yet so don’t know how it all ends but up to where I am it’s a place I’d happily live - psychosis and all.
  • Finished s1 of his dark materials. Pretty darn cool. But ropey on dialogue and motivations in the last ep I reckon, but whatevs.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Nine Perfect Strangers land looks exactly like my perfect retreat. Stunning architecture in nicely grounded surroundings with mushrooms supplied by a crazy, rich hippy. Haven’t got to the last episode yet so don’t know how it all ends but up to where I am it’s a place I’d happily live - psychosis and all.

Likewise. Apparently the setting is the biggest change from the original book. In the book it’s not a beautiful Modernist dream house with impeccably turned out interiors, but a bit of a crusty hippie glamping vibe in yurts.
  • There’s a new (and final) series of Goliath up on Amazon. Looking forward to that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!