Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The missus absolutely loves it, I find it quite meh with the odd good moment.
  • I thought taskmaster was Dave? Glitch in the matrix probably.
  • Used to be Dave and moved to C4.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Anyone else given Squid Game a go yet?
    Its on Netflix.

Best way I can describe it is if Takeshi's Castle did a Battle Royale.

I'm absolutely loving it.
  • I'm up to ep 4. I've decided to save the rest for Sunday.
    Its good fun, glad someone else has given it a go.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Finished 9 Perfect Strangers. A good show, that. Enjoyed a fair whack of it.
  • It was bloody lovely to finish a show and feel that it actually ended. No setup for season two, just a story that actually finished.
  • New Mike Flanagan series is on Netflix now.  Hoping it's better than that last one.
  • Watched the first episode of The Leftovers. Initially I was a bit indifferent but by the end there was enough to keep me watching. Looks interesting and hopefully Lindelof won't shit the bed with it.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Matt_82 wrote:
    New Mike Flanagan series is on Netflix now.  Hoping it's better than that last one.

Do you mean The Haunting of Bly Manor? because he didn’t make that series.  Flanagan made The Haunting of Hill House, which I thought was very good.
    Get schwifty.
  • Oh.
    I was hoping for a typo and a Micky Flanagan stand up special.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:
    New Mike Flanagan series is on Netflix now.  Hoping it's better than that last one.
    Do you mean The Haunting of Bly Manor? because he didn’t make that series.  Flanagan made The Haunting of Hill House, which I thought was very good.

I thought he was involved in both.  Hill House was great, Bly Manor was dull.
  • Without checking if it’s up yet or not, I’m presuming Matt means Midnight Mass?
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:

Google says he created Bly Manor.
    Without checking if it’s up yet or not, I’m presuming Matt means Midnight Mass?

Yar.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Matt_82 wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:

Google says he created Bly Manor.

I stand corrected. I thought he was just a producer, but he was a writer and even directed an ep.
    Get schwifty.
  • I think the main difference is that he directed every episode of hill house (I think he write every ep too). Bly Manor had a reduced input from Flanagan as he was busy doing Midnight Mass.

I can’t wait to watch it!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Season 3 of Sex Education is absolutely magnificent so far. The characters are perfectly cast and theres some real development going on to fill them out.

I’ ve never be a screaming PC type but i love how nothings taboo in this show.

Fantastic. Bravo netflix
    PSN - minkymu
  • Gremill wrote:
    Watched the first episode of The Leftovers. Initially I was a bit indifferent but by the end there was enough to keep me watching. Looks interesting and hopefully Lindelof won't shit the bed with it.

You - mostly - won't be disappointed.

Magnificent first 2 seasons. Third is shorter and resolves stuff.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Russell T Davies is coming back to Doctor Who as showrunner. In a sense I think it's a bit disappointing that they've had to resort to this because it suggests their talent pipeline has become a bit moribund - no new showrunner means no new vision for the show. But with Chibnall leaving the show in the doldrums right on the doorstep of the 60th anniversary, I think this is overall good news and a good decision because Davies should at least be able to have a decent stab at an anniversary episode and re-energising the show before he pops off again.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    First episode of Foundation watched. It’s very well made, high production quality, great CGI, solid cast, couldn’t fault any of the actors really. And, like the first book, there’s lots of talking. This is not a criticism and I’m intrigued to see where it goes.
  • Foundation seems to be shit..was the pilot shot during covid lockdown 1? The actors are socially distanced during the trial, and everyone seems to be thoroughly depressed
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I'm up to ep 4. I've decided to save the rest for Sunday.
    Its good fun, glad someone else has given it a go.
    Really surprised there hasn't been more chat about it here. It's my favourite TV thing in many a year.

• Enjoyed Foundation ep 1. Hopefully more character development to come. It's mega-budget looking stuff in terms of how it's shot, but sets were a bit sparse.

The trailer for Invasion on Apple TV is very good.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Russell T Davies is coming back to Doctor Who as showrunner. In a sense I think it's a bit disappointing that they've had to resort to this because it suggests their talent pipeline has become a bit moribund - no new showrunner means no new vision for the show. But with Chibnall leaving the show in the doldrums right on the doorstep of the 60th anniversary, I think this is overall good news and a good decision because Davies should at least be able to have a decent stab at an anniversary episode and re-energising the show before he pops off again.

I’m a sucker for the RTD era of Who, just about done the umpteenth rewatch with the kids and it still holds up very well. He gave the show a heart and didn’t over complicate plots or arcs. He’s shown with his output since leaving that he’s one of the best UK writers for TV, if anyone can turn around the show I’d bank on him.
    Things can only get better.
  • Squid Games on Netflix. Get on it, it's very good.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • The Dark Water from the BBC is legit.  As is fat Colin Farrell.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!