• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Started Clarkson's Farm thing last night which is more entertaining than I thought and a lot better than the Guardian made out.

Also got through all six series of the Mark Thomas [Comedy] Product. Really fascinating stuff and mostly quiet entertaining.. whilst at teh same time drawing attention to a lot of serious issues.. the nuclear train episode was frightening. Anyway it's all on Youtube and definitely worth a watch.

Both very good shows, I was an avid Mark Thomas fan when that was on. He remains an excellent stand up too.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Oh god V! What an amazing show. It was an event. I’m certain it was on every day of the week for a week. The remake was obviously terrible.
    One word: Diana.

Diana / Lydia cat fight.  Hot.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Facewon wrote:
    So foundation tomorrow or next day depending on time zones I guess.

Are they releasing weekly like assholes or dumping all at once like legends?

Looks like it’s two eps to start with then one per week.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Kow wrote:
    That goddamn alien baby hybrid scared the shit out of me.

That's the only episode of V I've ever seen. I saw it as a kid and was also deeply freaked out - I have no idea whether having seen any of the rest of the series would have made it better or worse, but it was certainly Quite The Thing out of context.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I think the series as a whole had that 80s soap opera feel. like Dallas or something, but it had a few moments that were deeply shocking for my young mind. The baby one was the most traumatic, though. It's still freaky. I seem to remember that it was on quite early in the evening too.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    So foundation tomorrow or next day depending on time zones I guess.

Are they releasing weekly like assholes or dumping all at once like legends?

Looks like it’s two eps to start with then one per week.

I get my new iPhone tomorrow. Hopefully Apple are still doing free TV+ subs with new device purchases, because I’m really interested in seeing this show.
    Get schwifty.
  • Kow wrote:
    I think the series as a whole had that 80s soap opera feel. like Dallas or something, but it had a few moments that were deeply shocking for my young mind. The baby one was the most traumatic, though. It's still freaky. I seem to remember that it was on quite early in the evening too.

+1 for being freaked out by that. So freaked out in fact that you ignored the fact that it looked utterly shit .
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It was probably cutting edge for its day.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I remember thinking that it was daft looking but that it was fun. The show was in the air though - right over the top of the shark fin.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • 3 eps into his dark materials. Real good.

4 eps down on looming tower. Continues to be great. Jeff Daniels is excellent.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I’ve been reading about a forthcoming TV series based on the Alien films. It’s helmed by Noah Farley, who did Fargo, so it might not be shit.

Some quotes:
    What’s next for me, it looks like, is [an] Alien series for FX, taking on that franchise and those amazing films by Ridley Scott and James Cameron and David Fincher. Those are great monster movies, but they’re not just monster movies. They’re about humanity trapped between our primordial, parasitic past and our artificial intelligence future—and they’re both trying to kill us. Here you have human beings and they can’t go forward and they can’t go back. So I find that really interesting.

I’ve written a couple of scripts, the first two scripts, and we’re looking to make them next spring. When you get to something with this level of visual effects, there’s a lot of preparation that has to go into it. 

It’s not a Ripley story. She’s one of the great characters of all time, and I think the story has been told pretty perfectly, and I don’t want to mess with it. It’s a story that’s set on Earth also. The alien stories are always trapped… Trapped in a prison, trapped in a space ship. I thought it would be interesting to open it up a little bit so that the stakes of “What happens if you can’t contain it?” are more immediate. 

On some level it’s also a story about inequality. You know, one of the things that I love about the first movie is how ’70s a movie it is, and how it’s really this blue collar space-trucker world in which Yaphet Kotto and Harry Dean Stanton are basically Waiting for Godot. They’re like Samuel Beckett characters, ordered to go to a place by a faceless nameless corporation. The second movie is such an ’80s movie, but it’s still about grunts. Paul Reiser is middle management at best. So, it is the story of the people you send to do the dirty work.

In mine, you’re also going to see the people who are sending them. So you will see what happens when the inequality we’re struggling with now isn’t resolved. If we as a society can’t figure out how to prop each other up and spread the wealth, then what’s going to happen to us? There’s that great Sigourney Weaver line to Paul Reiser where she says, “I don’t know which species is worse. At least they don’t fuck each other over for a percentage.”
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I have middling to high hopes for that.
  • Reads like a corporate drama with an Alien skin.

Episode 8 and the internet goes nuts as they finally see a Xenomorph.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Allien McBeal
  • Anything that threatens the likelihood of more tv Fargo can go get lost for me, no matter what the franchise may be.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Allien McBeal

spaceballs-gif-22.gif
  • I can't help but feel like its gonna be a replacement for The Walking Dead (AMC produced but distributed by FX everywhere but America I think).
    Basically the same audience.

Cool first series. Drag the rest out for a decade. 2 or 3 choice moments per season to keep people watching endless drudgery.

"The shocking end to the first season ended with Sam getting caught by a face hugger, viewers can't wait to tune in to see if Sam can be saved or will we finally see the famous chest burster?"

"Season 4 kicks off with Sam still in ICU and the face hugger still attached..."

"Ten characters that you forgot about in FX's Alien. 
    4. Sam
    Last we saw Sam he was in ICU with a face hugger attached but that was two seasons ago, will we ever find out Sam's fate?"
  • Anything that threatens the likelihood of more tv Fargo can go get lost for me, no matter what the franchise may be.

He says in the same interview that there’ll be a series five of Fargo and that it’ll be the last one, to wrap up the anthology and provide a proper ending. He rambles a bit about having disconnected pieces that will have to be part of the story and not knowing how to fit them together yet.
  • Phew! At least I get one more series out of him then.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just realised there's a season 5 of People Just Do Nothing. Man's on the green screen ting.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    We’re getting one last season of Derry Girls too.

https://twitter.com/LisaMMcGee/status/1440985114016628739
  • New Taskmaster starts tonight.
    Feels like I have waited ages for this series. I had it in my head it was coming in August for some reason.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    New Taskmaster starts tonight. Feels like I have waited ages for this series. I had it in my head it was coming in August for some reason.

Definitely looking forward to it (even if I'm seemingly the only person in the world who dislikes VIctoria Coren Mitchell) - we've been filling the gap by watching New Zealand Taskmaster which is actually pretty good.  (Their TM is rubbish, and half the contestants in series 2 are the same as series 1, because NZ only has about 10 comedians in total - but it still works well, and their Alex Horne substitute is great.)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I don't like Victoria Coren Mitchell either!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I quite like Coren Mitchell, I can’t stand Alan Davies.
  • I wasn't a fan of VCM for a while, until I heard her on Off Menu and realised it isnt a forced act and she knows she is a weirdo.

I will have to check out NZ Taskmaster, I wasnt awarew they did one.
    I watched the American version which was OK but their brand of humour generally lacks the humility needed for TM.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Anyone on Ted Lasso. I have no clue about the thing but people are warning it might be too saccharine for me. Apologies if I've missed discussion, I've jumped to last page.
  • I dont normally go in for shmultzy but I liked it.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It dodges the saccharine line quite nicely. It’s there, but not heavy at all. It’s very feel-good. I fucking hate football and I really liked Lasso.
    Get schwifty.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Just started it myself, it's pretty good so far.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!