The TV you like thread
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Swedish true crime inspired thriller The Hunt For a Killer is super legit from start to finish.  Really well made, filled the gaping Mindhunter void for me.

What's that on then?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I watched on iplayer, 6 eps no fluff.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Did 5 eps of Squid Game last night, s'alright. Feels like they've thrown everything into the pot, and the characters are formulaic, but I'm enjoying it.

Finished it and did enjoy but it started to feel a bit Prison Breaky towards the end. Not specifically Prison Break per se, more that feeling of a show that's 20 episodes long rather than a tight 10 or 12. Which is odd, considering it only had 9 eps. /waffle.
  • Overall I enjoyed Squid Game.

First episode certainly gets the hooks in (and IMO where it peaks, and it has quickly become popular with all the memes floating about) but I felt like it could have been an episode or two shorter than it is.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    Did 5 eps of Squid Game last night, s'alright. Feels like they've thrown everything into the pot, and the characters are formulaic, but I'm enjoying it.
    Finished it and did enjoy but it started to feel a bit Prison Breaky towards the end. Not specifically Prison Break per se, more that feeling of a show that's 20 episodes long rather than a tight 10 or 12. Which is odd, considering it only had 9 eps. /waffle.

Ha, my thoughts exactly ^^
  • 'The Cleaner' and 'The North Water' on BBC are both very very good. The Cleaner especially surprised me.
  • I've watched a few episodes of The Cleaner. Enjoying it but its shot in a way that makes it look like a daytime soap like Doctors. I cant quite put my finger on it.
  • The North Water is brilliant.
  • The North Water is brilliant.

• I had to stop watching when the surgeon bloke starts cutting into that bible-basher chap. Enjoyed the Eskimo singalong though.

Farrell too is an excellent mean bastard of a man.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Rewatching the Wire, mostly motivated by the obits of Michael K. Williams. The scenes in the courtroom with him in season 2 are extraordinarily good. That season is just brilliant all round to be honest. Think it was probably my least favourite the first time round and even the 2nd but this time I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes to the top of the pile. Masterful TV.
    GT: Knight640
  • Knight wrote:
    Rewatching the Wire, mostly motivated by the obits of Michael K. Williams. The scenes in the courtroom with him in season 2 are extraordinarily good. That season is just brilliant all round to be honest. Think it was probably my least favourite the first time round and even the 2nd but this time I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes to the top of the pile. Masterful TV.

Is that the one about schools? Or the docks? The Wire is still the best for me, nothing else compares.

I started writing why and then i just fuck it whats the point i won't do it justice
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Farrell too is an excellent mean bastard of a man.

He's so so good in it, talks in such a weird way, facial expressions so.. unusual. Must have been loads of weight (muscle and fat) on for it too.
  • Djornson wrote:
    Knight wrote:
    Rewatching the Wire, mostly motivated by the obits of Michael K. Williams. The scenes in the courtroom with him in season 2 are extraordinarily good. That season is just brilliant all round to be honest. Think it was probably my least favourite the first time round and even the 2nd but this time I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes to the top of the pile. Masterful TV.

Is that the one about schools? Or the docks? The Wire is still the best for me, nothing else compares.

I started writing why and then i just fuck it whats the point i won't do it justice

The docks. Schools is season 4 and was my favourite first time round.
    GT: Knight640
  • Kin again was ok but had some terribly stupid moments. Super stupid.

I'm I dunno, 4 or 5 episodes into The Orville now. This is more Star Trek than Discovery or Picard. Its literally a TNG clone with a veneer of comedy lashed on top. The show seems more concerned with actual plots than I expected. Nice, I'll keep going on it.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Kin again was ok but had some terribly stupid moments. Super stupid.

I'm enjoying it but there are some moments where I'm wondering if they are badly written plot lines or maybe the characters are just meant to be dumb. I mean they are just street thugs basically, not criminal masterminds.
  • Kin again was ok but had some terribly stupid moments. Super stupid.

I'm I dunno, 4 or 5 episodes into The Orville now. This is more Star Trek than Discovery or Picard. Its literally a TNG clone with a veneer of comedy lashed on top. The show seems more concerned with actual plots than I expected. Nice, I'll keep going on it.

I started Orville recently and I think it's great, feels like a love letter to TNG. I'm pretty sure some of the prosthetics are actually from old treks.
  • Djornson wrote:
    'The Cleaner' and 'The North Water' on BBC are both very very good. The Cleaner especially surprised me.
    I started watching The Cleaner the other day, and it is pretty good. First episode in particular had me giggling like an eejit, the other eps so far have been good if not quite as good as the first.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • So apparently this is now almost upon us...

Come with g if you want to live...
  • Not feeling 'stoked' about this at all. Is that what the kids say? Apart from 'I can't see anything in this battle scene, it's all gone dark!'
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Why has Dr Who grown out his hair?
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    That’s a wig!
    Things can only get better.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    They spelled Daleks wrong.
  • If there's lots of hilarious banterous swearing and gore, I'll probably give it a cursory.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That's what's his face from GoT doing the voiceover, Roose Bolton's bastard. Is he in it then? Or just a narrator?
  • What little we see there looks good. I don't think you get a great TV show out of that book, but you might get a btter than the last couple of seasons one with plenty of cash and some inventive script writing.
  • That's what's his face from GoT doing the voiceover, Roose Bolton's bastard. Is he in it then? Or just a narrator?
    I think that's Matt Smith narrating.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Ah. Very similar voices then
  • Following a recommendation from a friend I am now three episodes in to Squid Game and, despite the actor playing the "main" character being shit at acting anything other than "oh shit oh shit oh shit", it has me hooked.  Six episodes to go.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!