The TV you like thread
  • Everything I've seen about the Ozark has that blue look to the point it's completely put me off ever watching it.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yeah it's supposed to be tinted that way. You get used to it very fast when watching, and it is a good show.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Thought my telly was on the turn but yes it do. Ram, it’s worth persevering as Ozark is great TV.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Worth catching up on the last two to see the the boy's shit design skills.
    And I mean shit.
    Hahahaha.

Piss this week. Very scatalogical series so far. It's quite good actually. (Series in general) That spoon faced blonde woman, can't remember her name, what an absolute gowl. It's too notch stuff. I don't watch Your Fired any more I don't find that Tom Allen funny at all.

Regarding Ozarks, I bounced off the first episode of series one, I thought the writing was woeful
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Cos wrote:
    I'm sure this has been mentioned or written about elsewhere but does Ozark just have an incredibly blue palette? Even the skin tone in that gif has a blue tint.

Yeah, it was really jarring in season one. I got used to it, slowly, and they did tone it down over time as well.
  • It may be blue, but the performances are are luminous!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Everything I've seen about the Ozark has that blue look to the point it's completely put me off ever watching it.

Same, but you could always adjust your colours to make it look more normal. I hated the green tint so many music videos had in the 2000s.

Regarding Ozarks, I bounced off the first episode of series one, I thought the writing was woeful Eiffel
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Finally finished War of the Worlds.  An actual decent final third that took its story in some interesting directions.  It should never, ever have been called War of the Worlds, because that title carries with it far too much expectation.  It took me far too long to get over the disappointment that this wasn’t a The War of the Worlds adaptation, and that interfered with my enjoyment of what is an otherwise decent sci-fi show.
    Get schwifty.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    Finally finished War of the Worlds.  An actual decent final third that took its story in some interesting directions.  It should never, ever have been called War of the Worlds, because that title carries with it far too much expectation.  It took me far too long to get over the disappointment that this wasn’t a The War of the Worlds adaptation, and that interfered with my enjoyment of what is an otherwise decent sci-fi show.

100% agree. It really isn't a WoTW thing and they probably used that to snag people. They should have had the balls to name it something else. After all - they had the balls to make it end the way they did. I was expecting a tedious cop out and open ending.

I am still waiting for a proper Victorian (maybe with some steam punk) version. I quite like the Cruise version but it still didn't scratch the itch.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    I was expecting a tedious cop out and open ending. I am still waiting for a proper Victorian (maybe with some steam punk) version. I quite like the Cruise version but it still didn't scratch the itch.

If I could wish one film into existence, this would be it.  A period alien invasion film…oh my.  That recent BBC atrocity should probably be considered some sort of war crime.
    Get schwifty.
  • I go back to the Spielberg WotW pretty regularly. I love a ground level view of a large-scale event thing and that film pulls it off very well. Spielberg just has a knack for directing large groups of extras, the car scene and the ferry gets me every time
  • I agree. That’s a good movie.
  • Halfway through ep4 of new Ozark and have found myself in a discussion with someone over character matchups Vs Breaking Bad. Imo Ozark wins, as in Ruth would batter Jesse, Wendy would murder Skyler, but the sticking point is Walt Vs Marty. I give it 7/3 to Walt, maaaaybe a 6/4 at a push, but
    Spoiler:
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    What the fuck is that car crash about at the beginning of episode 1?
  • Kow wrote:
    What the fuck is that car crash about at the beginning of episode 1?
    Spoiler:

• Also, ep3 spoiler
    Spoiler:
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    I agree. That’s a good movie.

With one very annoying character.
    Get schwifty.
  • Yes Tom Cruise is annoying in it because you know he's never going to die in this alien invasion because he is TOM CRUISE.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Midnight Mass is absolute quality up to episode 6, it must really shit the bed in the last episode to spoil things.

I had goosebumps halfway through the 6th episode, either that or my skin was trying to crawl off my body and run out the house
  • If you're enjoying it so far then hopefully you'll continue to do so.  There's a slight bit of bed shitting towards the end but nothing you won't see coming.
  • Ignore unlikely.  It’s all brill.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Nah, it's like a sprinkler system filled with shit goes off over the bed.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    Halfway through ep4 of new Ozark and have found myself in a discussion with someone over character matchups Vs Breaking Bad. Imo Ozark wins, as in Ruth would batter Jesse, Wendy would murder Skyler, but the sticking point is Walt Vs Marty. I give it 7/3 to Walt, maaaaybe a 6/4 at a push, but
    Spoiler:

I think it would look inevitable that Walt would win, but Marty would pull something out of the bag at the last minute.
  • Midnight Mass is absolute quality up to episode 6, it must really shit the bed in the last episode to spoil things.

I had goosebumps halfway through the 6th episode, either that or my skin was trying to crawl off my body and run out the house

You're ahead of me now. Finished ep 4 so a few left to go. I knew that (major spoilers ahead)
    Spoiler:

Really enjoying it and can't wait to see how it's resolved.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The Peacemaker series is actually pretty good, funny. He's such a ridiculous character. If you liked The Suicide Squad then it's probably right up your street. I think Gunn is the producer and directs some episodes.
  • Remember when James Gunn was cancelled? Such a long time ago, all water under the bridge, lads lads lads.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Halfway through ep4 of new Ozark and have found myself in a discussion with someone over character matchups Vs Breaking Bad. Imo Ozark wins, as in Ruth would batter Jesse, Wendy would murder Skyler, but the sticking point is Walt Vs Marty. I give it 7/3 to Walt, maaaaybe a 6/4 at a push, but
    Spoiler:

I think it would look inevitable that Walt would win, but Marty would pull something out of the bag at the last minute.
    Spoiler:
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Yes Tom Cruise is annoying in it because you know he's never going to die in this alien invasion because he is TOM CRUISE.

He might have a crisis of confidence about dying.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Nah, it's like a sprinkler system filled with shit goes off over the bed.

Wouldn't go that far but it definitely didn't stick the landing as well as I'd hoped. Still loved it overall, great build up, top performances and it looked great throughout
  • Finished Hawkeye last night - really quite enjoyable, mostly light hearted fun. Was brilliant to see
    Spoiler:
    - very exciting.
    Gamertag: gremill

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!