The TV you like thread
  • I also enjoyed
    Spoiler:
    who I thought was fantastic and having the time of her life.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    I also enjoyed
    Spoiler:
    who I thought was fantastic and having the time of her life.

Yeah, she really brought an extra bit of life into the final few episodes.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s The Expanse done. Despite the last episode wrapping things up relatively smoothly and some great space combat, it was obviously a confused, rushed show leading up to that. A side story through the ring that added nothing didn’t help. Overall a step down on the high of series 5 but better than slugate series 4.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Archive 81 was okay. Perfectly serviceable. Good. Watchable. Decent enough.
    Get schwifty.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    The Expanse - Yeah it was rushed, not anything Thrones type calamity wrapping it up, quite satisfying actually.

I thought this was Bezos’ favourite show, could have found some cash down the back of his couch for a proper send off.

All in all the best sci fi show probably since early seasons of BSG.

Roll on Babylon 5 reboot!
    Things can only get better.
  • Speaking of sci-fi, I just watched episode one of Foundation. That’s had some money thrown at it, eh?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yup. It’s a weird show. Great with one plot line. Terrible with the other. Interesting to see what you think.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I finished Foundation recently. It was very expensive looking and only sometimes good. The genetic dynasty stuff was interesting. Everything else not so much. Actress playing Salvor Hardin was not good.
    Get schwifty.
  • Second ep of American rust done. Still very good. Daniels is excellent as always. Most of the cast are great, but there's a couple of semi majors who are noticeably pretty bad. It's a bit jarring.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Watching ghosts on BBC. Same people who did horrible histories. It tickles me, some great characters.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Watching ghosts on BBC. Same people who did horrible histories. It tickles me, some great characters.

Yeah, that's a great show.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    I finished Foundation recently. It was very expensive looking and only sometimes good. The genetic dynasty stuff was interesting. Everything else not so much. Actress playing Salvor Hardin was not good.

I dare only whisper it but while I am an Asimov fan, I consider the Foundation novels a bit over rated. I have them but didn't finish them. I admire the scope and the concepts but I found it hard to see how it would make for gripping viewing unless of course the action that is almost inferred in the books is brought centre stage.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Just finished The Landscapers. Not nearly as magnificent as it initially shaped up to be but good TV.
  • Finished Invasion on Apple TV+.

After episode 6 I was thinking why are all of the reviews were so harsh? This is great stuff.

After episode 9 I was thinking, wow, this has turned into a complete dumpster fire.

After episode 10 I was thinking, they have turned it around a little.

Solid acting. First few episodes really build the tension. Things go downhill. Very poor script in parts. Looked all shiny. Some stuff was almost laugh out loud nonsensical. On the whole, 6/10.
  • davyK wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    I dare only whisper it but while I am an Asimov fan, I consider the Foundation novels a bit over rated. I have them but didn't finish them. I admire the scope and the concepts but I found it hard to see how it would make for gripping viewing unless of course the action that is almost inferred in the books is brought centre stage.

It's one I really wanted to like, but the TV show is basically shit.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Just finished The Landscapers. Not nearly as magnificent as it initially shaped up to be but good TV.

Agreed. Should have been glorious and instead I just dunno.
  • Onto S3 of Mr Inbetween. Taking my time, just watching an ep or two at a time when could easily binge it quicker.
    Would deffo add my recommendation to those that went before. get through the slower first couple of episodes and it's really good.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Just finished The Landscapers. Not nearly as magnificent as it initially shaped up to be but good TV.

Yeah, that first episode was great and there was something interesting about the others but didn't quite deliver overall.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    That’s The Expanse done. Despite the last episode wrapping things up relatively smoothly and some great space combat, it was obviously a confused, rushed show leading up to that. A side story through the ring that added nothing didn’t help. Overall a step down on the high of series 5 but better than slugate series 4.

That was a shambles in particular. I could only guess they already had some of it filmed or they were intentionally leaving enough open strands in case it got picked up elsewhere?

The ending was very anticlimactic in general though. Almost a bit too quick and not enough impact.
    Spoiler:
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Cos wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

Yeah, that first episode was great and there was something interesting about the others but didn't quite deliver overall.

It felt like it was pretty much carried by the two lead performances. Without Colman and Thewlis, it could very easily have been irritating shite.
  • Disclosure on BBC One just now is tearing James at Brewdog a new arsehole. They’re really going in for the kill, or at least trying to. Everything from lying on US import forms and predatory sexual behaviour with staff to his personal multimillion pound investments in Heineken and tax dodging in the Caymans.

Not sure if it’s a BBC Scotland thing or UK-wide, but it’ll be on the iPlayer later on either way.
  • Started Gangs of London today. Cripes, it's a bit violent! First episode was superb - the bar fight was phenomenal. I hope the quality keeps up.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The rest is good, but that bar fight was the highlight.
  • Anyone else watching the Responder on
    BBC
    The Forum Herald™
  • Gangs of London was Gareth "The Raid" Evans, right?  What are you watching it on, Grem?  Horrible feeling it was a Sky or Apple exclusive.
  • It was a Sky jobby yeah.
    I never actually finished it despite enjoying it.
  • It was Sky. Season one is still up on NowTV and available to rent on Amazon and Apple … but season two seems to be AWOL.

Season three coming soon, so I’d expect it all to be available again beforehand.
  • poprock wrote:
    It was Sky. Season one is still up on NowTV and available to rent on Amazon and Apple … but season two seems to be AWOL. Season three coming soon, so I’d expect it all to be available again beforehand.
    Are you sure about that? I didn't think season 2 had released yet never mind 3. The season 1 episode in the siege cottage was something else.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Finished Stay Close. Pretty mediocre all in. Standard modern TV fare of getting as many twists in as possible, to the point of stretching credulity & beyond.
  • Bob wrote:
    Anyone else watching the Responder on BBC

We’ve just watched it and it’s pretty classy.  Freeman doing the great work once again.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!