The TV you like thread
  • Rewatching some now. Forgot Gemma Arterton was in Tom and Gerri. Gal is fire.

Did you ever see her... Leaked video? Ahem.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I’m with Nick.

Impeccable taste.

• Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room is S tier.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Best thing they've done since Psychoville S1. I SAID IT.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    12 Days is still number one for me.
  • They've cancelled Raised by Wolves! Now I'll never know what happens to upside down flying Jesus! :(
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The Bill for me. Love the dialogue. Glenister is awesome.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    That's probably an underrated one. “The 12 Days of Christine” has Smith playing Smith, and goes so hard for the strings it overnostalgises into an uncomfortable sense of writers' presence.

I do like “The Devil of Christmas”, but it's not an original story and that holds it back. Even Miami Vice did it.

Whereas Cheese and Crackers looked to The Grumbleweeds' late Graham Walker and Little and Large for inspiration. There's a rich source of human tragedy in the mines of '80s comedy.

A host of famous faces turned up at the service at St Giles Church including Linda Lusardi, panto star Billy Pearce, Emmerdale’s Frazer Hines, and comedians Freddie ‘Parrot Face’ Davies, Tommy Cannon, Jimmy Cricket and Roy ‘Chubby’ Brown.
  • Thought I better get started on The Boys before Dean Winchester turns up and fuck me it's only brilliant. Karl Urban is really good and the twist on super heroes is interesting enough so far.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Are you starting from the beginning?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Are you starting from the beginning?

Yeah. Of course. I'm not an idiot
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You might have been catching up with the first three episodes of season 3 which appeared on Amazon last week.

But yeah, it’s great.
  • Did any one watch the BGT live final last night?

Considering the semi-finals have been awful it was quite a decent final and I really hoped chicken boy would do it.. the comedian that won seemed like a really  nice chap and his stage persona and energy where great, he just wasn't funny... or at least we didn't think he was that funny.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Nah, have yet to suffer a debilitating embolism.
  • We got to the end of Shining Girls last night. I still maintain it was an entertaining series, but the ending was a bit rushed. And by ‘a bit’, I mean ‘a lot’.
  • Thanks to Face for See. Nearly finished the first season and a really solid show. The premise has clearly been thought about, although it does falter on some aspects. The initial how-the-fuck? disappears quite quickly. Jason Mamoa is excellent. Mmm, a fine actor indeed.
  • Trailer for The Sandman.  Not convinced, though The Dreaming looks good, and the brief bit of what I assume was the Corinthian was suitably creepy. Main issue is Jenna bloody Coleman, not least because she's playing Constantine. (The rights for John Constantine are, apparently, somewhat murky, whereas Joanna Constantine is pretty much a Sandman thing, so she's playing both Lady Joanna, and a modern day descendant of her, rather than John.  Which would be fine, if it weren't Jenna Coleman.)

• poprock wrote:
    We got to the end of Shining Girls last night. I still maintain it was an entertaining series, but the ending was a bit rushed. And by ‘a bit’, I mean ‘a lot’.
    Yeah, I saw it through. It didn't help that I watched six episodes in quick succession then had to wait for the last two. By the time the finale arrived the momentum was gone. Still, I thought it was pretty good overall.
  • Again, madness and normally such a bell weather for the fine.
  • In my covid 'isolation' I've started a rewatch of Rescue Me. The entire series is just £20 on xbox store, less than half what I've seen it elsewhere. Only prob is the xbox app seems a bit naff with no intro/credit skip option and have to jump to end of end credits for next ep. Or maybe they just don't do it for all shows. Streaming quality seems fine though.

Anyway, most of my way through S2 and it still gets a big thumbs up from me. Darkly comical and at times surprisingly emotional and touching, whilst occasionally WTF OTT silly.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Trailer for The Sandman.  Not convinced, though The Dreaming looks good, and the brief bit of what I assume was the Corinthian was suitably creepy. Main issue is Jenna bloody Coleman, not least because she's playing Constantine. (The rights for John Constantine are, apparently, somewhat murky, whereas Joanna Constantine is pretty much a Sandman thing, so she's playing both Lady Joanna, and a modern day descendant of her, rather than John.  Which would be fine, if it weren't Jenna Coleman.)

I'd have loved to see Tom Hiddleston take on the role of Dream. Also Tilda Swinton would absolutely look the part of Desire. I guess some gender-swapping was inevitable so that the Dreaming isn't a total sausage party, but Lucien is a favourite of mine so it'll take some getting used to.

Overall I'll give it a watch, but frankly I won't be too upset if it goes the way of Gaiman's other TV adaptations and flops spectacularly.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Bob wrote:
    Thought I better get started on The Boys before Dean Winchester turns up and fuck me it's only brilliant. Karl Urban is really good and the twist on super heroes is interesting enough so far.

Holy fucking shit. I heard that they'd be going the extra this season on a podcast this morning, but that first episode... Hell, just the first 10 minutes. They're not messing around, are they!

Plus Homelander being a complete mentalist.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Im late to the game and I didnt see a dedicated thread, but Stranger Things 4, phwooooarrrrr
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • In my covid 'isolation' I've started a rewatch of Rescue Me. The entire series is just £20 on xbox store, less than half what I've seen it elsewhere. Only prob is the xbox app seems a bit naff with no intro/credit skip option and have to jump to end of end credits for next ep. Or maybe they just don't do it for all shows. Streaming quality seems fine though.

Anyway, most of my way through S2 and it still gets a big thumbs up from me. Darkly comical and at times surprisingly emotional and touching, whilst occasionally WTF OTT silly.

I fucking love Denis Leary in this
    The Forum Herald™
  • Im late to the game and I didnt see a dedicated thread, but Stranger Things 4, phwooooarrrrr

Yeah, it's superb.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    Im late to the game and I didnt see a dedicated thread, but Stranger Things 4, phwooooarrrrr

Yeah, it's superb.

I did end up surprised by the last episode:
    Spoiler:
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • So, we own this city.
    Worth watching?

Also considering Stranger things.
    Late to the party, i know.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • The good fight is hilarious if a bit surreal after the Trump era.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    So, we own this city.
    Worth watching?

Didn’t realise it was available yet, so I’ve clearly not watched, but how can anything from the makers of The Wire that stars Jon Bernthal not be worth watching?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!