The TV you like thread
  • Yeah. Have it on the plex to do pile.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Torrents. (Sshhh....)
    Might wait till the whole season is available as binge watching is best.

Also, Jon Bernthal and the wire producers. I have very high hopes.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    All episodes are available in the UK.

And it’s not just the Wire producers, it’s the writers too.
  • Excellent! Will investigate soon...
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Im late to the game and I didnt see a dedicated thread, but Stranger Things 4, phwooooarrrrr
    Yeah, it's superb.
    I did end up surprised by the last episode:
    Spoiler:
    That was very neatly done. It didn't take away from the mystery or fear either I thought. Worked really, really well. 
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • hunk wrote:
    The good fight is hilarious if a bit surreal after the Trump era.

One of the best shows of recent years, even though the quality dips a bit with later series.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    All episodes are available in the UK. And it’s not just the Wire producers, it’s the writers too.
    And a lot of the cast.

Not as entertaining as The Wire, although there's a thrill to the raids and arrests that a lot of other media fail to match. Bleak, depressing and a bit eye opening about how dumb some of these people are. 

Berenthal is amazing as well, massively larger than life, but real at the same time.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Im late to the game and I didnt see a dedicated thread, but Stranger Things 4, phwooooarrrrr
    Yeah, it's superb.
    Spoiler:
    That was very neatly done. It didn't take away from the mystery or fear either I thought. Worked really, really well. 
    Spoiler:

Agree with all that.

I've just seen there is a season 5?! I thought this was going to be it
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Yeah, it's superb.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Agree with all that. I've just seen there is a season 5?! I thought this was going to be it
    Yeah season 5!! Yasss. Cant wait for season 4 vol 2
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    We Own this City is good but it suffers a bit from being all over the place in the time line, making it a bit confusing. Being non-fiction it doesn't have the same level of drama as The Wire.
  • hunk wrote:
    The good fight is hilarious if a bit surreal after the Trump era.

Stopped watching when they tried to shoe horn a musical number into every episode
    The Forum Herald™
  • Holy fuck, the opening scene of the first new episode of The Boys is quite something.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    Holy fuck, the opening scene of the first new episode of The Boys is quite something.
    I know right??

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Holy fuck

giphy.webp
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    Holy fuck

giphy.webp
    Ahahaha, that was unintentional but works.
  • First episode was superb. This show just gets better and better.
  • I’d ignored Ted Lasso because I incorrectly thought it looked too slick and traditional for my tastes but there’s just so much heart here that I can’t dismiss it can I? It’s just really lovely and he’s a great lead.
  • I’d ignored Ted Lasso because I incorrectly thought it looked too slick and traditional for my tastes but there’s just so much heart here that I can’t dismiss it can I? It’s just really lovely and he’s a great lead.
    Better late than never. It's both funny and incredibly 'nice'. 1st series in particular one of the best ever.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Here’s the slightly less amiable precursor to Ted:

https://youtu.be/pi06BRTBc7Y
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Gremill wrote:
    First episode was superb. This show just gets better and better.

Series one has been amazing so far.. so well written. So many holy shit moments and then there's character development comedy bits.. it's brilliant.
    Spoiler:
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I watched a Marvel thing and didn’t think it was shit! Hurray! Loki…was actually good.
    Get schwifty.
  • Great episode of new Top Gear last night as the looked at TV police cars and did a tribute to the Sinclair C5. Obviously they're not bothered at reviewing any kind of cars now but I'm ok with that as long as the cars are still the star and it's entertaning.

Slowish start to The Boys season 2.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Who hosts Top Gear now? Haven't watched since the real ones left.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Paddy McGuinness, Chris Harris and Andrew “Freddie” Flintoff.

Harris and Flintoff are really good, IMO, and Flintoff’s willingness to risk life and limb is a great asset. McGuinness is, um, there.

The slightly xenophobic, homophobic, misogynist edge that the Clarkson years had seem to have gone too.
  • It's the same old shit from the OG years but presented by people who are much nicer.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I watched the episode with Flintoff over the dam. Fucking hell!!
  • Yoss' "slightly" doing a fair bit of lifting there.
  • Stranger Things done. 

I enjoyed this season far more than the others, despite the runtime (some scenes are seriously dragged out) but I'm really looking forward to volume 2 in a few weeks.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I didn't think it was overly long, it kept my attention all the way through which is becoming rarer these days. Only negative was that a few characters were short changed, namely Will and his brother, but I suppose they had nowt interesting going on and it would have been even longer if they all had to get equal screen time
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I fucking loved it though, best series since the first, real heart in mouth stuff at times

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!