The TV you like thread
  • Yeah, you should probably go for the Wire before anything else.

BtVS does take a while to get going, and there are quite a few filler episodes, but from Season 2-5 it's excellent. 6 was shite apart from the musical, but 7 wasn't a bad ending, and had Nathan Fillion being a bastard as well.
  • Fuck The Wire.

Buffy's not that great.  Caters a little too much for teenage girls.  You'll love it.
  • D'aww, you flatterer.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Watched the first episode of The Bridge. It's awesome.

Fucking Kim Bodnia is in everything Danish I've seen. Pusher, Bleeder, Nightwatch, this.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Fuck The Wire. Buffy's not that great.  Caters a little too much for teenage girls.  You'll love it.

You shut your dirty whore mouth.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Buffy is a bit faggot from what I've seen.
  • You shut your dirty whore mouth too.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I will when I see the missus.

WAHEY.

I'll show her this post, she'll be proud.
  • DS fuck your sig you hater.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Temp, you've already got the love. A public show of affection will only raise your ego higher.
  • @Tempy
    Ahahaha!

ouddadaway DS.
  • I need more love dammit, so much more. I need the most.
  • Election campaign theme song by ZZ Top, then.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    Homeland:  Can someone tell me
    Spoiler:
    ?  Did I miss that or are they just keeping it for season 2?
    Was it just me that thought
    Spoiler:
    I may just be talking shite and they're nowt but red herrings.
  • I think the first point you mention must have been a red red herring, although perhaps there's more to come in series 2. 
    Spoiler:
    I totally figured it out though, because I am smart.
  • Is anyone watching Touch?
  • Also, it's the last ever Desperate Housewives on Sunday.  That show's been my secret guilty pleasure for 8 years.
  • Do you find out who the Final Desperate Housewife is? Will they ever find their way to the promised Cul-de-Sac of Eternal WAGs?
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Is anyone watching Touch?

I have watched a couple, not bad, I have the rest, up to date, but haven't sat down with them as I am finding it hard to sit down and watch anything right now.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I genuinely liked Desperate Housewives for the first three or four seasons but the last two especially have been awful and so many things really grate. The whole storyline with Gabby/Carlos' real daughter forgotten about; the nonsense with the doll; their repulsive daughters that unfortunately haven't been forgotten about; Susan in general; Lynette being a complete shit to Tom over and over and over in the same ways even now when they're separated; the infuriatingly smug "Yes ..." that starts the dead woman's voiceover at the end of each episode; the road's tarmac being so bumpy; Bree's flower's always being in season; that pole at the bottom of Susan's stairs; Renee; everyone else; everything else; fuck it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:

The missus is. For some reason it makes me really angry.
  • Workaholics, guys, come on!
  • krs wrote:
    I genuinely liked Desperate Housewives for the first three or four seasons but the last two especially have been awful and so many things really grate. The whole storyline with Gabby/Carlos' real daughter forgotten about; the nonsense with the doll; their repulsive daughters that unfortunately haven't been forgotten about; Susan in general; Lynette being a complete shit to Tom over and over and over in the same ways even now when they're separated; the infuriatingly smug "Yes ..." that starts the dead woman's voiceover at the end of each episode; the road's tarmac being so bumpy; Bree's flower's always being in season; that pole at the bottom of Susan's stairs; Renee; everyone else; everything else; fuck it.
    That sums it up that show perfectly. I too enjoyed it for a while but it's almost like the writers were trying to infuriate us.

Also, didn't that show already end years ago before they brought it back and skipped like 5 years in the story so their ages would be more believable?
  • Elmlea wrote:
    I like the premise of the show, but the execution is rather shoddy.
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam
  • Workaholics, guys, come on!

Watched the first ep last night. It's fine. It's not a lot different than all the other pg-13 comedy on north American tv though.
  • No way duuuuuude.
  • Totally. When you eventually move out here to live with me you will see!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The best Breaking Bad vid I've seen (massive spoilers up to end of last season):
    Spoiler:
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    RasDam wrote:
    Elmlea wrote:
    I like the premise of the show, but the execution is rather shoddy.

The premise relies entirely on random (or supposedly not random) encounters, which in theory sounds fine but in reality is just a really weak way of writing a story. Ergo it annoys me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!