The Car thread
  • I hope most of them just have civics and 206’s and have just chosen to wander in these clothes hoping strangers presume they must be classy sports car owners.
  • I wondered what happened to Rory McGrath

Liverpool%2Bfull%2Bkit%2Bwanker%2B03.jpg
  • A shocking amount of these are Liverpool fans.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    That Morgan has no suspension for proper rallying and lights that wouldn't last a day. It's a car for Iain Duncan Smith to take up his long gravel driveway.
  • Lamborghini have just announced a new Countach.

Millions of petrolheads around the world have just made that ‘not sure if serious’ face and commented on social media that they hope Lambo do the name justice and deliver something mental.

The teaser video is only on Twitter so far, but they’ve started well, remembering all the kids who had Countach posters on their bedroom walls growing up.

https://twitter.com/Lamborghini/status/1424762948292169734
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The Miura and Islero are the only good-looking cars they've made, but the Countach appealed through its testosterone-riddled ridiculousness, and I think that's why they'll fail to recreate it. They'll try to make it look nice instead of ugly.
  • You know that point you hit when you just don't enjoy driving? I think I'm finally there. First World problems but it culminated last night in a big scare that was completely my own doing, and a harsh lesson learned about the dangers of driving while tired and annoyed.

Big long drive last weekend to Inverurie, and back down on the Sunday when I was hungover, and if stopped, probably worth getting done off the cops. That weekend there, another one out to Stevenson/Saltcoats after a dayshift where I'd only had 4hrs sleep the night before. Up at 0430, finally home around 1900. Last night, after the match (Glasgow bears should follow me here) I decided to avoid trying to get on the motorway near ibrox and went through Cardonald and Hillington, joining the M8 at where the big Peter Vardy is. Was too concerned about the guy on my outside doing lane fuckery and completely missed the set of lights before the M8 turnoff. Was very, very lucky not to have had a collision with the cars coming from Braehead side, and thankfully the cars behind me left enough space for me to reverse back into place behind the lights. Similar sleep/work situ, then off to the match that as you'll know was highest of highs and lowest of lows.

Normal drive just there to the big tesco near work, still tired, still rattled. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. I need my bed.
  • Nothing’s fun when you’re exhausted, burned out, and knackered. Look after yourself, eh?

(And it ain’t safe to drive in that state, but you know that.)
  • Aye, need to learn to say no once in a while too. That Stevenson drive was also in the horrific torrential rain we had, just biblical. Add in the general state of the M9, and, yeeeesh. Not enjoyable at all.

Need to live vicariously through Forza and calm down. Missed the last fnfs.
  • Weirdly i love driving cars at night.

In my current motor theres lots or red mood lighting, red switchgear and whit grey dials, and it looks lovely in there.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Lotus are going big, thanks to bottomless reserves of cash from Geely.

https://media.lotuscars.com/en/news-articles/lotus-technology-global-hq-established-in-china-as-future-lotus-ev-product-plan-unveiled.html

There’s a lot in that press release.

Sports cars will continue to be built in the UK, but a range of Lotus luxury cars will be built at a new plant in China. An electric SUV, first of all.

And there’s a new spin-off company for tech innovations, essentially copying Williams Advanced Engineering -- again with a massive new global HQ in China.

Geely are pinning the future of their car outputs on Lotus engineering that can be shared with their other brands, like Volvo. It’s a shrewd move, but what’s nice about it is that it guarantees Lotus will live a long and well-funded life. Good news for petrolheads, I think.
  • New Lotus Turbo Challenge game?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    Weirdly i love driving cars at night. In my current motor theres lots or red mood lighting, red switchgear and whit grey dials, and it looks lovely in there.

Stop looking at your watch while driving!
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Porsche’s new ‘customer race car concept’, the Mission R.

Basically, Porsche always develop shit-hot racing versions of their top-end road cars and sell them to private racing teams. This is the stuff you see racing in the Carrera Cup, or at Le Mans in the lower classes.

So this is their concept car to test the waters for an electric privateer racer. These concepts have a history of turning into very similar production cars.

Download?OpenAgent&attachmentid=2101466&show=1
    Download?OpenAgent&attachmentid=2101454&show=1
    Download?OpenAgent&attachmentid=2101478&show=1
    Download?OpenAgent&attachmentid=2101498&show=1

Interestingly, Porsche are also saying the ‘driver’s module’ or cockpit can be sold separately, set up as a simulator rig. So drivers can train in the exact same setup they’ll be driving in for real.
  • Any recommendations for family cars that will actually seat a 5 year old, a 2 year old, and a baby in the back? I thought this wouldn't be too tricky but it seems like a bloody nightmare.
  • Pretty sure any of the larger VW Group suvs would do it?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    https://www.multimac.com/range

Maybe you could use one of these instead?
  • Honda CR-V was our choice.  It's the dullest car I've ever owned but scored highly in the safety and reliability tests, which were the priority.  Not sure if there's ISOFIX for the middle seat though.
  • https://www.multimac.com/range Maybe you could use one of these instead?
    I like how the Super Club Junior caters for a single fat kid.
  • Sorry can’t remember had the fiat coupe but its featured in this weeks wheeler dealer
    The Forum Herald™
  • Crikey not kidding with those prices. If you need three car seats, and prefer isofix, you gotta go big: many recommend the newer Citroen berlingo
  • Skoka Kodiaq maybe?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Kodiak is Lovely but pricey. The berlingo shares a platform (well more than a platform, like the whole thing almost) with Peugeot, Vauxhall and Toyota (which comes with a ten (10!) year warranty) variants, so you can find them used in good nick. Decently specced, and three proper seats in the back. Berlingo is my pick due to panoramic roof and special storage space which is snazzy
  • Bob wrote:
    Sorry can’t remember had the fiat coupe but its featured in this weeks wheeler dealer

That was me. Fun little thing, but I’m well and truly over it.
  • Thanks for your thoughts, all. It's a right pain. The wife is keen to stay with Ford as her mum works for them (Lookers) and we get a lot of preferential treatment... but it does become very limiting if we can't go elsewhere.

And Ford have next to no big cars due to Brexit. And despite thinking a Kuga would do the job, apparently it won't.
  • Hyundai have for 0% on Tucsons at the mo. No idea if they’re decent or big enough but might be worth a look.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • The mark 8 golf is a lovely thing
    The Forum Herald™
  • Three kids in the back Bob. Three kids
  • As a culture, we used to fit five people in small five seater cars. Dunno what happened over the decades, but we don’t seem to do that any more.

Maybe it’s that everyone’s expectations have changed. More personal space for each passenger, or something. Or maybe legislation around child seats has meant more space is needed to fit them in properly. I’m sure if I had kids of my own I would understand it better.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!