The Car thread
  • Dropped the Mx-5 in for service today. The young fella loves having the roof down but it was frosty today and my head nearly fell off with the cold (he had a hat on but I was worried about my hair). Suffice to say once I dropped him off it was roof back up again. He likes doing the gears but doesn't know how to steer so he'd drive madly if something happened to me apparently.
    The Forum Herald™
  • 277564387_10228289306236874_6704633299979430142_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p180x540&_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=fJRLLvFZrh8AX9GsRrK&_nc_ht=scontent.fgci1-1.fna&oh=00_AT_FatiouKwf6H-jE3n_4O-SzCMvfhNYCX7zqb8fuoWe-g&oe=624CB2D2

Just part exchanged this little beauty. Guy reckons he's spent £8k on modifying. Book price? £725. Lol. Apparently you can't take it with you when you go.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Shoulda sold the wheels separately and put steelies on it for trade. Mug.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Erm, so I may have a Tesla Model 3 on order…

…Just off to eat some humble pie @hair

There are dozens of us!

vXCk7RS.jpg

7WLld6p.gif

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Fucking crossovers... *spits*
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cough

Nothing to see here!

• bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Fucking crossovers... *spits*

Shut it you mug.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Fuckin make me you tart
  • Fwiw I respect tesla for changing rules around how cars for us commoners should be both in looks and power. I'll keep quiet about the dude that runs it though.

It's yer Qashqais, yer Sportages, yer Tuscons. Bloody hate them.
  • Aye. You’re not a 4x4. You’re not an off-roader. You’re just a hatchback with ideas above your station.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah I purely went on looks for my car but I wouldn’t get it again. Having said that the actual AWD system is very good having only driven front or rear wheel drive cars. My car is basically a C Class on stilts, no real gains in cabin space. But as an old fart with some aches and pains at the mo there is definite benefit in not having to get down to get in the car.
  • Even just having 4WD puts you a tier above most SUVs/crossovers right away.
  • poprock wrote:
    Aye. You’re not a 4x4. You’re not an off-roader. You’re just a hatchback with ideas above your station.

I reserve most of my hatred for the Mokka. A Corsa on stilts, and now has that fucking annoying thing everyone is doing where either the manufacturer or the model is in big letters across the boot. Stop it.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    My Mazda's a low coupe and then lowered a bit more, which was great for my dad when he borrowed it and couldn't unlock its door from the inside, having to climb out instead.

I said he could've taken the key out, lowered the window, and just unlocked it from the outside. Said he was tired and not thinking.

Dukes.gif
  • Guy in my work has a flavour for different cars. Seen him with a VW hippie can which he then got rid of in favour of a converted transit with a bed n that. He's got a OG mini too, but this week rocked up in this

vkyGRdD.jpeg

Lovely little Cinquecento, not a touch of rust on it. He didn't even realise it was The Inbetweeners car, but I have to respect it. I just wanna rattle it and roll it for the lols. Class, imo.

Jokes aside i had the sporting variety of this. Fitted with a K&N airfilter and a chip power boost. Bought it brand new and modded it.

Weighed the same as a bag of walkers crisps and was quite peppy as a result.

But aim it a a set od islandas or a back road and it flew. Could go round corners and take a roundabout quicker than most things.

Was built by blind children mind

PSN - minkymu
  • I had a new shape Corsa as a loan car recently. The top model turbo job. Absolutely flew. Torque steered a bit mind and suffered turbo lag. But once it settles its a rocket. Good brakes too.

Thought it looked a bit like a soapbar but they're growing on me.

Only odd thing inside was the dangersous dash board shape by the infotainment svreen. It sticks out and has a really sharp edge on it where the dash joins the screen.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Apparently Smart's new car, the #1, isn't pronounced "number 1", but "hashtag 1".

I taste vomit. Anyone else taste vomit?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • In America, they call it the Pound One.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’ll be calling it the Gate 1 cos I’m old.
  • What will the trending on social media look like? ##1?
  • Obviously you’ll have to spell it out to make it work on social. 

#hashtagone

Oh dear, that looks a bit shit doesn’t it?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    A bit shit indeed.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Do you ever miss your old cars?

I'm in the market for an RX-8 again, as a second car. You can pick up fairly decent mid 00s ones for £2k - £3k. Anyone here ever owned one?

I don't miss my old CLK55 one bit, but am a bit sour as it has increased in value substantially since I got rid of it.

I'd love an MX-5 and love the MK3 version like Bob's, but being 6ft4 I don't think I'd comfortably fit in one.
  • I miss my 944 but not the costs involved, the pain in the arse battery position or demisting the green house rear window.
  • Do not buy an rx8 there won’t be one left that’s not absolutely fucked
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Do not buy an rx8 there won’t be one left that’s not absolutely fucked

Yeah but the engines can always be rebuilt ;)

A lot of the R3 models are being sold with recent compression tests, not a lot in the price range I'm looking at.

You can tell from a test drive if the engine is knackered, though, such as hot starting failing, etc.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I miss my Audi 80 2.8L V6 cabriolet. Don't miss filling it up though.
  • ZMM wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Do not buy an rx8 there won’t be one left that’s not absolutely fucked

Yeah but the engines can always be rebuilt ;)

A lot of the R3 models are being sold with recent compression tests, not a lot in the price range I'm looking at.

You can tell from a test drive if the engine is knackered, though, such as it being an rx8.

The Forum Herald™
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I miss my 944 but not the costs involved, the pain in the arse battery position or demisting the green house rear window.

Was yours an older model with the battery under the bonnet (where the battery tray used to rust right through) or a later model with the battery in one of the rear cubbys beside the boot?

I had both types and neither battery location was a perfect solution. Preferred it at the back though. I built a subwoofer enclosure to fit the cubby on the other side.

Yeah, I miss my 944. The last one I owned. The Turbo.
  • Battery in the boot.
    Had to climb through the car and pull the latch cables to open the boot if the battery died. I'm sure the is a manual boot release mod that could be done.
    Didn't help that the after market alarm drained the battery.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!