Noise bands & rare label opus -WE GOT A REKID IN HERE : Noise For Badgers Volume One -ZIP AVAILABLE
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    NHK track continues to cause involuntary twitches. Is this just me?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Nope, does me as well.  Could be the coffee though.
  • I posted a Mincemeat Or Tenspeed vid a couple of weeks back and lately this dude has been my most listened to noise act (when I'm not listening to Noise For Badgers that is).  A guy called David Harms wants to learn the guitar and becomes obsessed by effects pedals.  Ends up making experimental noise using nothing but pedals and a mixer, at least to begin with, by his own admission he now cheats and uses a sampler and sequencing.  

The guy's phenomenal.  Not a lot to choose from on YouTube and Spotify's not much better.  Bandcamp has some good stuff at good prices though, also this place for some free downloads.

https://soundcloud.com/mincemeat-or-tenspeed/mincemeat-or-tenspeed-21-king

It was by looking into this guys stuff that I first heard Nero's Day At Disneyland, From Rotting Fantasylands is just sublime.

• Playlist is teh awesome.  There's only 8 bands I've actually heard of and 4 that I've heard anything by, so it's pretty much a non-stop winathon.  Only 1 or 2 tracks I haven't entirely gotten on with, but there's been some great stuff so far.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Nice to see this getting a hit, I hope more have got on to it.

BTW there is a zip to be downloaded here, folks if you can't be arsed jiggery-and-pokering.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5xbtxpdvqv3sjg/Noise for Badgers Vol. 1.zip
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    @yossarian, feel free to add that to the OP!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It's your OP.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Hah, I'm a mess.

(o:
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Noise yo.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I just wanted someone to talk to. X
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    We're always here for you.

<3
  • I've been dipping into this over the past couple of weeks, there's some good stuff in there. Well played chaps.

I hope noone minds but I've added the artists to the filenames, completely for my own convenience. I'll undo it if it causes any issues.

Been watching a fair few video reviews by The Needle Drop. He seems to like the same kind of metal as me (I bought Black Breath - Sentenced To Life on his recommendation and really rate it). Check out his youtube channel if you don't know it already.
  • I don't like that guy at all.
  • I've never seen his vids, will check some out at least.  

One of my main go-to's has for a while now been the Brooklyn based No-Core blog.  This dude has gotten me into more bands than even Mangman's vids have managed.  He also has a load of podcasts available to stream (some of them are downloadable via iTunes, which might be of particular interest to @Yoss) featuring the likes of Mutwawa, Divorce, Doomsday Student, AIDS Wolf, Black Puss, My Name is Rar-Rar and more.

The blog hasn't been updated in a few months, but there's loads of content to go through, also his YouTube channel has seen some uploads over the last few days from the Voice of the Valley noise fest in West Virginia.  I expect there'll be a full report of the event on the blog soon.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    mangman wrote:
    I hope noone minds but I've added the artists to the filenames, completely for my own convenience.

I think everyone's grabbed it by now, but they should have been there under 'Artist Name' rather than 'Album Artist Name', I only did it like that as it's the only way to prevent iTunes from splitting up the tracks and creating 35 separate albums from it. If you're not using iTunes, maybe it doesn't work.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Hello, there will be Stig Noise, Bendal Interlude at least playing on the 7th September in the closing shenanigans of the aforementioned DTDB. I've space for 4 people comfortably. You're very welcome if you want. Happy to accommodate at a moments notice.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Oh yeah, mugstar too.

• Sounds like it's gonna be awesome Beano, unfortunately my weekends aren't entirely my own of late.  Should be catching 65daysofstatic tomorrow night though, looking forward to it.
  • 'Kay so it turns out I'm quite fond of Sleigh Bells.  Their brand of gorgeous, brutal, melodic, chaotic, noise is close to my idea of pop perfection.  Their new album's out next month and for the title track at least, it's more of the same.  I'd be screaming bloody murder if it was anything else.

• Vatican Shadow at the Arnolfini (one of the best venues in the UK) tomorrow night!

Also....

UK-Tour-Poster-Final.jpg

Sorry for it being dead massive. More details on me site (link in sig).
    3DS: 0602-6313-2789 // ACNL Town: Clavius
    http://www.blowthereactors.blogspot.co.uk
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Are you on a gig at the shipping forecast, nutlet?

That you tube is win, stormy.

Keep meaning to put all my sources in a post. Online ones obvs. Doe anyone go on any good forums?
  • Shipping forecast? Is that a band? I'm completely out of the loop of some musical aspects / scenes.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Perhaps a past band you been away with are then. It's a venue (o:
  • Ahh yes, thought it slightly rang a bell. I was getting mixed up with that new band British Broadcasting something or other (that's probably totally wrong). Wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of similar sounding / looking bands spring forth.

Does that venue put on grindcore stuff? I've no idea what happened to the Liverpool gig, thought it was in the bag. We're hoping the TBC gig is in Manchester, but it still could happen in Liverpool.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    It's no Arnolfini like, they get a lot of gigs but I think the venue sucks dick for sound and being comfy. Shame Dumbells closed next week.
  • Nice to come back and remember this place was about more than just checking the halo thread.

I run a project that has had some contributions from artists that might fit in this niche I guess?

Alberich
    Helm
    Lussuria

Worth a look hopefully
    formally Gold Lazuli.

PSN: Gombreak.
  • Holy crap you run that site? I love all those mixes aswell as a bunch of others. Sterling work there. Got a spare copy of the Lussuria mix on tape by any chance? I missed out on that, was listening to it again the other day.
  • Heh, glad to hear it - yeah I run it. That tape sold out in about an hour unfortunately, don't even have a copy myself now!
    formally Gold Lazuli.

• Hats off to you bud. That site is my favourite on the internet for mixes, got into Siobahn after hearing his on the site. Will you be at the Blackest Ever Black showcase?
  • Cheers! Glad to hear Travis found one or two fans with his Siobhan thing - the stuff he's pushing on his label is awesome too, dunno if you know about it at all? 

http://www.volcanictongue.com/labels/show/1970

He's also got a Siobhan full-length (ish?) featuring one or two of those mixtape tracks coming on Opal Tapes soon.

Hoping to make the BEB show - I think one of the guys at the quietus offered to sneak me in free so seems a shame to pass it up, but we'll see.
    formally Gold Lazuli.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!