Noise bands & rare label opus -WE GOT A REKID IN HERE : Noise For Badgers Volume One -ZIP AVAILABLE
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I like this lots...

"Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • That'll be the first one I listen to then, the sound quality on my phone sucks and I haven't got any headphones with me today.
  • The curse has broken.  No fractured limbs, no car crashes, not a damn thing happened to keep me from seeing Trail of Dead this time, and they were every bit as as awesome as I'd dared hoped.  From the moment Ode to Isis started up and led into a crushing It Was There That I saw You, I was totally buzzing.  It was a decent mix of old and new, with Weight of the Sun and A Perfect Teenhood joining the openers as highlights.  The venue was great, the sound was great, everyone and everything was bloody great.

Didn't see Conrad stitching people up with his biro drawings, not that I looked anywhere but the bar though.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Now I am kicking myself more for not going to see their live set. No doubts it was more than you can convey. Jealous.

While I am here, I encourage you to listen to Mugstar. There's Beeb recording that will hopefully be available ASAP.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01s2csx
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    As it's on my mind, OBE are playing in Islington on Thursday. Worth checking out.
  • Will keep an eye on that Mugstar broardcast, cheers Beano.  Checking them out on Spotify atm, was hooked within the first minute of Black Fountain, very good indeed.  Also been looking at Deux Boules Vanille's YouTube channel, more quality stuff.  Keep 'em coming :)

I'm still looking out for any obe gigs closer to home, I've become quite fond of 'em since Yoss mentioned 'em.  They're playing Manchester on Friday, but that's a bit too far for me these days.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Not really been as into OBE as many others.

I give you Paddy Steer!

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    beano wrote:
    Not really been as into OBE as many others.

Try 'em live. Their new stuff is much heavier.
  • Paddy Steer made me smile!  Been listening to a bit of PRE over the last couple of nights.

• beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    That's noise (o:

Barberos are having a fundraiser in Liverpool on the 27th...to help replace their stolen gear...I suppose I'm pleading for people to go...or buy something off their bandcamp.

https://www.facebook.com/events/124991241029731/
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Mugstar now available on that iPlayer link!
  • Will check it out tonight, cheers. Just tried to buy YOUvsUSUSvsYOU via bandcamp in support of Barberos, but my mobile network is utter shit atm. Will give it another go later.
  • Beans, hope the Barberos gig went ok.

I bought a couple of Gnod albums a while back but it's not really my taste. Too jammy. This one sounds a bit more organised though, but still has their trademark droning.

Also, I recently bought a Necro Deathmort album which I'm quite curious to hear when it gets delivered.

And I can't tell if I like Astrohenge or not.

• That Necro Deathmort track's a blinder.  Just found 'em on Spotify, I bloody love Spotify.

Edit: Liking Astrohenge as well, fine work there Mangman.
  • Some great stuff on here. Not sure if they fit in this thread, but if you like drone Barn Owl are fantastic. Saw them in Glasgow a few weeks ago and they were blinding. Also been listening to quite a bit of In Zaire, specifically White Sun Black Sun. If it doesn't fit, I'll take my shit over to the alternative music thread.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Your shit isn't shit! And if you think it fits it fits.

We had a lotta love for Barn Owl in the instrumental music thread, though we did start posting stuff where lyrics were being used, not vocals as something to create harmonies/being used as instruments. So I guess I made this thread because it was about similar music without the instrumental constraint and that.

edit; need to give myself time to hit them last vids mang posted.
  • Yup, Barn Owl are great.  Not familiar with In Zaire, but just added White Sun Black Sun to my Spotify playlists for consumption later on.

Tried some AIDS Wolf.  Similar to PRE, it's just a whole lotta noise really :).

Listened to some of Lightning Bolt's very own Brian Chippendale's other work.  I'm diggin' a bit of Mindflayer and Black Pus.

Also been delving back into my CD collection to digitise some albums I'd missed and came across some blinders.  Daughters and Genghis Tron are boss, and These Arms Are Snakes were one of the most under appreciated post-hardcore bands around, their sound unmistakable and their live shows unforgettable.  If you listen to any of the tracks all the way through, Subtle Body (the last vid) is the one to go for.

• beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
  • Seen them a couple of times Beano, good fun.  I mean, I can't say I'm a massive fan of their recorded output (though Cosmology has grown on me), but there's just something about them I want to like.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Fair play, Bastions are supporting too.

http://bastions.bandcamp.com/

Also found out yesterday Deux Boules Vanille are playing on Friday or Saturday, whichever I'm getting involved!
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    2 vanilla balls playing Friday and Saturday.

CUMS
  • How many of you fuckers are into Whitehouse.
  • Brooks wrote:
    How many of you fuckers are into Whitehouse.

I borrowed a CD of some of their stuff years ago but it was pretty unlistenable, which was probably the point. Almost went to see them live too but I think there must have been something better happening that night. I remember something about there being violent confrontations with audiences but not sure if that was just hype.
    Gamertag: Mal0wner
    3DS Friend Code: MalO 0645-5742-2145
    Wii U: MalOwner
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Didn't even know they were still going. A mate used to play one of their tunes alongside Ultraviolence's Hardcore Motherfucker. It was novel stuff but not something I'd followed.

Rolo Tomassi were certainly better live than on recording. Seeing a female vocalist go from chester to melodies is strangely compelling.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    6oep6WV.jpg
    Excite.
  • That calls for a little explanation.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Circuit bent cartridge and megadrive to provide glitch tunes and visuals. Visuals were employed here.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2686243/VID_20130519_014317.mp4

8 or 9 mins of drunk filming. Also, Springbok above was quite drunk also when doing the visuals. But overall it was lovely.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message

Sicilian noise band, tonight. Could be nice.
  • Brooks wrote:
    How many of you fuckers are into Whitehouse.

I've been meaning to stick on Bird Seed again this week funnily enough, blasted Great White Death during a train journey last weekend, total classic. Activities have ceased, William is doing his solo thing with Cut Hands currently. Caught his set in London last october which was incredible.
    3DS: 0602-6313-2789 // ACNL Town: Clavius
    http://www.blowthereactors.blogspot.co.uk
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Didn't make it the gig. Fo'shame. Sounds like it was amazing.

Welcome to the noise thread 'nutlet. I like your site, I don't think we've had any Iron Lung in here?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!