Noise bands & rare label opus -WE GOT A REKID IN HERE : Noise For Badgers Volume One -ZIP AVAILABLE
  • So yeah, Always Wrong is damn fine.  Wolf Eyes have gained a firm fan right here.  Might even seek out summa their hand painted fart cdr's :D.

Also diggin' Mincemeat or Tenspeed's rhythmic racket and Mutwawa's noise-dance creations.

It was a slow day at work.
  • Hi five on the Mutwana love! I put out a record by Jason's other band Suppression last year.

The most recent Wolf Eyes thing I heard was the "Logjam" 3xCDr, it looks like one of their old obscure fart releases but the music contained is some of the best stuff I've heard from them. Definitely seek out a download if you can.
    3DS: 0602-6313-2789 // ACNL Town: Clavius
    http://www.blowthereactors.blogspot.co.uk
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Nutfudge, you've got the cumulaive life I ran away from when I was 20 odd (glad it works) more than once.

I mean for me, up until 2007 I still could've been a full time roadie, merch, tour twat, venue, git tech, photo, presser guy. 

In some respects I still am and I can so fuck it off, and watch others and not run these days.

I'm proud to have had The Grails, Fucked Up and Boris play gaffs I've had among who knows. Not a day goes by that I don't laugh that Greg from Bad Religion was IN my couch when I got home once. Tempy, Ras, Dante at least (from here) have all plonked their arse there, not knowing. Along with others who are less entwined with this thread or this place much like Greg.

Stay away from anyone associated to music gallery international/industrial militia, is all I can say. Cunts.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Infinite Girlfriend is pretty dope.
  • Stumbled across that while looking for something from The Tower.  Must've listened to it half a dozen times last night.

Will give Suppression a go, they have an album on Spotify.  I'll keep a lookout for Logjam as well.  Cheers Nutlet.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    @Brooks, you interested in joining in on this noise rock playlist? You seem to enjoy some noise. @krs might have something to contribute as well, thinking about it.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Think I'm close to my five. Anyone started putting their MP3s in the dropbox yet?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Not yet. I'm not even sure anyone else has even picked 5 yet.

We should probably create a deadline for this. When do people think they can get it done by?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Mega-monday, the first that comes once the gods declare all in this world one with the peanut butter Zoom left on a shelf in a flat he abandoned, fifty five years ahead of our current Euclidean vector and after the demise of The State of London's Oligarchs.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I mean a week a monday?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Works for me. Everyone else?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    @Brooks, you interested in joining in on this noise rock playlist? You seem to enjoy some noise. @krs might have something to contribute as well, thinking about it.

I have my interests, but also my limits I suspect.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Get involved Bman. Please.
  • It's probably more energy than I have to spare. I can meet you fuckers maybe at Farmersmarket, Lightning Bolt, Black Dice. Beyond that I'm srsly out my element.
  • Not heard any Farmersmarket, will investigate.

And yeah, Mundy wick's fine with me.
  • Is it okay to have more than one person pick the same band?  Was gonna close my selection with Colossus by Lighting Bolt.

If not I'd be happy for Brooks to pick 'em.  There's plenty of stuff I could substitute in.
  • beano wrote:
    Not a day goes by that I don't laugh that Greg from Bad Religion was IN my couch when I got home once. Tempy, Ras, Dante at least (from here) have all plonked their arse there, not knowing.

Um, you didn't have a webcam at the time did you?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Yes, but I'm quite confused.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    It wasn't turned on at the time.
  • He supposedly, erm, you know, whilst chatting to a teenage girl on a webcam years back.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Ah that.

Cheeky.
  • I'm conflicted.  Again.  I was gonna go for a playlist full of the noise-punk/hardcore bands I've been listening to for years, Lightning Bolt, Six Finger Satellite, Daughters, an' such.  

Now I'm leaning more towards the darker, more nightmarish stuff I've been getting into since Beano started this thread.  White Suns, Burmese, Wolf Eyes, White Mice. 

As it is I've now got two five-track playlists and a bunch of songs I love that I've discounted because they don't fit in with the others.  This third group featuring Melt Banana, Pre, and Mincemeat or Tenspeed actually makes a blinding playlist in it's own right.

And 'cus we got too many posts without a vid, hypnotic sounds from some of NYC's finest. 

• Have you heard the Skaters mate? They kicked around with Wolf Eyes, Mouthus and all those bands a few years back. They're not active any more (not split though) but both James and Spencer are very active still. Some of my friends and I are still obsessed by these two guys music.

Beano, was that on the Boris / Grails tour? Saw them in both in London on that tour, amazing sets by both. I've got a few pals in the industrial / noise scene or whatever you want to call it and they're grand people indeed.
  • Hadn't heard them, thanks for the heads up.  I like the vids, and the second one had the full noise-lullaby thing going on, found myself nodding off a couple of times, there's just something I find incredibly comforting in this kinda stuff.

Being relatively new to the wider noise world I'm loving all the exploring and discovering.  Managed to find some of James's solo stuff online.  Will dive in properly this afternoon.
  • James Ferraro is an artist I keep trying and keep failing to like. He's a bit higher-fi these days but it still isn't working.
  • To me, Farside Virtual is already a modern classic.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    The gigs were a few months apart, nutlet. I think they were around 06 or 07.
  • BtRnutlet wrote:
    To me, Farside Virtual is already a modern classic.

I can't stand it. Conceptually fine, but there's just not a boss tune on the thing.

Actually, looking over my vaults it appears I've hung onto Genie Head Gas In The Tower Of Dreams and On Air. Huh.

Also I am quite tickled by this one:

• Anyway, contributions, I has em:

SPK's Auto Da Fe:

Hunting Lodge:

• Banishing Dirge is gorgeously dirty stuff.  Will seek out more Hunting Lodge.  

Listened to most of James Ferraro's Heaven's Gate, have to admit to getting distracted by sumthin' and not really being bothered about going back to it.  Maybe I'm just not in the right mood atm.  Finding Edward Flex Presents: Do You Believe in Hawaii? much more interesting so far and I'm only on track two.  Good stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!