Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I bet Elm has actually met an alien and this is just what they want him to say. Prove me wrong.
  • I don’t claim to know, but if you had the following qualifications under your nose cone... ‘An instructor. An operational check pilot. Aircraft safety investigator (4yrs) Bachelor of Science - USAF Academy Chemistry/Materials Science. Masters of Aeronautical Science. Emby Riddle Aeronautical Science. 17 years experience using targeting pods on jet fighters.’ Yoss, all I’m doing is following my nose too.

I was an instructor, an examiner, a chief instructor, a standards and evaluation commander, a dual qualified USAF flight examiner, have a Bachelor of Science (Honours) in physics and laser physics with maths, I'm an aviation safety and training expert, and had 20 years of using targeting pods of different types on fighters and other aircraft.  Follow your nose to me instead!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I bet Elm actually is an alien and this is just what they want him to say. Prove me wrong.

Have to say those last few posts by Elm were very entertaining.

• Are there people from the future walking among us?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • No.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Skerret and Facewon are a few hours ahead, yes
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    There's people from the past too, Bob seems to be stuck in the 80s
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Skerret and Facewon are a few hours ahead, yes

Can't recommend the future, honestly.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Thanks for the tip, I’ll stay here in the present.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Too late.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Top stuff from elm.

Ive always thought that fancy craft or super drones are the most likely source of sightings.

We are prob not alone in the universe but its also probable noone will ever solve the travel problem in an expanding universe. Comms might be figured out though.

We might figure out terra forming if we exist long enough and slowly colonise that way. Over unimaginable time periods that might offer a chance of meeting aliens doing the same thing.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I went to visit/audit an organisation using swarms of small drones for public displays.
    They proudly showed me a newspaper clipping of a "UFO sighting" in their area.
    "We did that!" The pilot told me with a big grin on his face. He explained that even though he told the locals in the pub that he was responsible for it, they wouldn't believe it and still held firm that it was a UFO.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Grab yer foil, award winning Aussie journo and historian Ross Coulthart discusses his book ‘In Plain Sight’. Great interview.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I'm not saying Aliens but non humans.....
    Can-of-sprite
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Tories?
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I definitely get lizard people vibes from them.
    Can-of-sprite
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    What's the best theory here for the cause of 'Havana Syndrome'.

Can it really just be crickets, if it seems to be happening worldwide, and only around US embassies and CIA substations?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Resonant frequency of the wall cavities, triggered by ghost wailing.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Mass hysteria. Caused by a CIA-developed mass hysteria gun.
  • Somebody shaking their Tic Tacs.
  • What's the best theory here for the cause of 'Havana Syndrome'.

Can it really just be crickets, if it seems to be happening worldwide, and only around US embassies and CIA substations?

I don't know, maybe the fact that these ghouls are involved in morally and ethically dubious (at best) work that would make any normal sane person depressed, anxious and unwell? Extreme guilty conscience syndrome more like.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm thinking either mass hysteria/mis-aportioned blame, or some form of technical infrastructure installed in the buildings that is causing the illness (due to microwave/radio emissions etc).
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    It's got to be the second more likely, because there are measurable physiological effects, no?
    When the papers said it was just Havana, I was willing to believe the cricket theory, but now, I wonder.

And if it does have something to do equipment, then surely this can't be a one off?
    Why just the Yanks?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Why just the Yanks? Because they are the only ones with/using this specific tech, or they are the only ones being open about the number of people affected?
  • Goober and Elm will probably be able to tell me better but my understanding of how America operates is that their overseas locations are like little America.
    I understand their bases here are like teleporting to the other side of the Atlantic.

So my theory would be they are speccing something in various installations worldwide because they all have the same spec sheet.

I could be wrong there, there is a fair bit of assumption.
  • It's got to be the second more likely, because there are measurable physiological effects, no?
    Why just the Yanks?

Are there measurable effects? Have we seen any evidence of this other than some CIA goons saying "my tummy hurts and I feel sad".

I think the most likely explanation is that it's all bollocks that's been blown out of proportion by the 12 fucking spooks that graduated from Harvard and took jobs in the Agency not realising that the cognitive dissonance from doing actual evil when you've been told you're saving the world makes you ill.
  • Overlapping reverberation can definitely cause disorientation which will lead to stress and nausea.

The question is if that is being caused by a weapon or something else.

My theory is its likely a collection of equipment like air con, water pumps etc that have a resonance that interfere with each other in such a way our ears dont like.
    Its following the yanks around and just the yanks because they are specing the same shit over and over.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Overlapping reverberation can definitely cause disorientation which will lead to stress and nausea.

The question is if that is being caused by a weapon or something else.

My theory is its likely a collection of equipment like air con, water pumps etc that have a resonance that interfere with each other in such a way our ears dont like.
    Its following the yanks around and just the yanks because they are specing the same shit over and over.

Like a kind of sick building syndrome? I could buy that.

Either way it's hilarious.
  • Yeah, we actually use sound quite a bit for orientation. The way sound reflects and reverberates we pick up on to know our surroundings, we just don't think about it.

I've been learning quite a bit of this shit recently for the new job for speaker placement.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!