Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Jet Set Silly?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    A drone with an itching powder missile would put paid to those larks.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Corridor Crew are branching out.

• Saw that yesterday and wondered if it would get posted.
    My favourite was the last debunking.
    It looks like ass, therefore it could be literally anything.

They are right about news channels ignoring the bokeh one though. That is something that has really frustrated me in the past with these videos. I dont expect everyone to know what that is but plenty of people who should know have quite clearly favoured sensationalism instead.
  • https://link.medium.com/1euUndVjQib

Only part way through this, but it's hilarious. Medium rant from a guy who's been called a doxxer by Eric Weinstein. It's basically a bunch of flouncing and forum drama, except it appears Weinstein played the role of lawro on his own discord servers. What a clown show.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Never trust a Weinstein.

Gimli_at_the_siege_of_moria.jpg
  • Wow, gosh, I mean, crikey, who could have predicted that the “intellectual dark web” would be populated by personality disordered shysters with persecution complexes? It’s such a surprise.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    May have been posted elsewhere, but one for the tictac brigade (which may, or may not, include myself):

https://warisboring.com/secret-military-aircraft-possibly-exposed-on-tiktok/
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • My feedback is that black pack on the truck back from tiktok is not a tictac.
  • Fravor joined the military at 17. Had a career spanning 24 years, 18 of which was as a Navy pilot. Trained at Miramar where only the top 1% of pilots are excepted.
    Top 1% of American pilots, which doesn't necessarily mean much btw.  Also, I did 20 years as a pilot technically so he can fuck off.
    Minkymu wrote:
    Thats a bit different to a vague comment made by a jet fighter pilot who says he has seen lots of odd things moving around in the sky whilst using night vision. Presumably whilst at a decent height and travelling at a fair crack? Im interested in what he means by that. Above him in the upper atmosphere??

Generally when floating around in circles at 12-20k feet at night, at probably something around 300kts.  You can see so much with NVGs it's really difficult to know what are comets, or normal space phenomena that are generally just invisible.  I've seen some point light sources that seemed to move in very deliberate, almost geometric patterns, and that was through a clear canopy with NVGs that only do light intensification and don't modify the image or process it in any way.  Common sense tells me it was a reflection through an aberration in an old set of NVG lenses or something, but who knows?

Everything inexplicable like that was always significantly above me, looking at sort of satellite height if nothing else.  Happened a dozen times or so; something that didn't seem to be following an orbit, or behaving like a planet or star, but the flaring of the image and the depth perception made it very tricky to assess how far away it was.
  • It's possible in some cases that a UAP could actually be some kind of covert flying craft, but is moving in fairly mundane ways that we might expect from current or cutting-edge tech, but appears to be moving in extreme ways to the observer, due to parallax effect etc. So slightly super advanced flight tech could be mistaken for the hyper advanced stuff this way, and that is more likely than stuff just being straight up future tech.

That's probably right.  The first time I saw a proper super-secret aircraft, I was queued up to take off from the same runway it was landing on.  We sat in silence for a while after being told to hold, and then realised there was something on approach that either wasn't transmitting or was on a different frequency.  This weird little triangle thing landed and taxied off, straight into a hangar that closed behind it, then we were cleared to line up.  It was definitely extremely secret, didn't appear on any of the sortie lists, no-one acknowledged it, and someone pointed a gun at me when I went to visit the hangar and see what it was later.
  • Shoulda TikToked it.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Elmlea wrote:
    The US aircrew training system is one of the weakest in the 4th/5th generation world and doesn't produce very good pilots or instructors.  The guy quoted as an F/A-18 instructor pilot with 2000+ hours isn't remotely impressive
    I just want to say that I lol'd at this casual shadethrowing and it made my afternoon.

I aim to please :)
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Shoulda TikToked it.

I've just realised I misread the number of pages on this thread and I'm properly months ago here.  Ooops.
  • No elm. You did good bud. This is GOOD
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's one of those conversations that never goes away so keep up the good work.
  • Fighter pilots don’t ever come across as humble so I’d ignore the air of authority on subjects. Even met a solicitor?

Harsh
  • Elmlea wrote:
    It's possible in some cases that a UAP could actually be some kind of covert flying craft, but is moving in fairly mundane ways that we might expect from current or cutting-edge tech, but appears to be moving in extreme ways to the observer, due to parallax effect etc. So slightly super advanced flight tech could be mistaken for the hyper advanced stuff this way, and that is more likely than stuff just being straight up future tech.

That's probably right.  The first time I saw a proper super-secret aircraft, I was queued up to take off from the same runway it was landing on.  We sat in silence for a while after being told to hold, and then realised there was something on approach that either wasn't transmitting or was on a different frequency.  This weird little triangle thing landed and taxied off, straight into a hangar that closed behind it, then we were cleared to line up.  It was definitely extremely secret, didn't appear on any of the sortie lists, no-one acknowledged it, and someone pointed a gun at me when I went to visit the hangar and see what it was later.
    Aliens.
  • Way I look at it is there's only two options. Either there are no other life forms out there and we are totally alone OR there are life forms out there and chances are they are more advanced than us. I find the first one terrifying as if that's true then we are all there is. Once we've run out of resources on our planet and we cause our own extinction then that's it. Life ends.
    chances are they are more advanced than us.
    There's no reason this should be true.
    There's also no reason it shouldn't be.

Read about the Fermi Paradox and the Great Filter.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fermi Paradox?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    To be fair, after almost twenty years here, many of us have real life connections with each other. I’ve been out drinking with Dino as many, if not more times, than I have with Elm (although Elm stays out later), and I’d buy you a drink tomorrow if you were so inclined. The fact that we’ve met in real life had nothing to do with Elm’s analysis.

Hurrah, I look forward to the next time!
  • Kow wrote:
    Fermi Paradox?

Also that one (just that one, I picked the wrong F).
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    To be fair, after almost twenty years here, many of us have real life connections with each other. I’ve been out drinking with Dino as many, if not more times, than I have with Elm (although Elm stays out later), and I’d buy you a drink tomorrow if you were so inclined. The fact that we’ve met in real life had nothing to do with Elm’s analysis.

Hurrah, I look forward to the next time!

As do I.

<3
  • Dehto says the range is wrong because it’s not laser locked (can happen with a ‘non cooperative’ target) or it would have HSAA graphic overlaid on the object with heading, speed, altitude and aspect. He’s also stating no way the FLIR camera can have the sea in focus (enough to make out a normal wave size) and have focus on an object at 13,000ft (2.5 miles) Therefore Dehto thinks it’s much closer to the water, approx 1000 ft high and moving at 560mph, and demonstrates this with a 3d model and witchcraft.

The ATFLIR absolutely can have an object in focus at altitude and the sea below; the TIALD camera, the SNIPER XR, the MTS-B, the LITENING 3 and various other pods all can too.  You can focus to infinity and anything a suitable distance away from the pod will all be in focus.  I could focus on my wingman 1000ft below and still see the ground in focus in some view settings easily enough.

He's half right about the range though.  There's always derived range information available, but unless there's an independent radar lock or a laser being fired through the pod, that number's extrapolated from other things.  Without drawing a picture it's hard to explain but it could actually be range to the ground, as it's based on aircraft position and pod depression angle.  If it doesn't have a laser rangefinder or slaved radar data to know what it's following, it doesn't know to 'stop' its measurement where the target is, unless it's doing some weird stuff and working on tracking rate.  The range data is definitely the weakest bit of information.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    That's probably right.  The first time I saw a proper super-secret aircraft …

Hold on a minute. The first time? I’m going to wait patiently for more stories now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!