The Star Wars thread - "Chewie, we're home."
  • Also they are called Tusken Raiders and they are a very proud culture.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Still has more appeal than budget Trek.

True that.
    LivDiv wrote:
    Also they are called Tusken Raiders and they are a very proud culture.

Pfft. Savages, the lot of them. Next you'll be claiming they deserve the vote.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Was a solid if unspectacular start to Boba Book. Disappointed at the perfunctory escape from the sarlacc (in the Great Pit of Carkoon, and not the “Sarlacc Pit” - what are we, amateurs? Tsk.). Surely that could have been a whole trippy hallucinating episode on its own. But it was ok. More to come I hope.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • They should have called the show Another Mandalorian.
  • The First 30 Minutes of Return of the Jedi: The Series.
  • As with the Matrix hoo-ha, I just don’t know why you all bother.  Madness at this point.
  • Because they have faith of the heart?

Shit, wrong franchise.
    SFV - reddave360
  • True. I'll still give dc movies a shot even though I haven't enjoyed many of them.

Fuck, my love for transformers is such that I've sat through all the movies even though only 2 are ok and 4 are awful.
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    True. I'll still give dc movies a shot even though I haven't enjoyed many of them.

Fuck, my love for transformers is such that I've sat through all the movies even though only 2 are ok and 4 are awful.

Animated and Bumblebee?
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Didn't think much of the Fat Boba opener. It was...alright.
    Certainly not disastrous, but I've long tired of Disney's obsession with explaining the fuck out of every last reference to legacy characters from the original trilogy. Some things we just don't need to know, some things we're better not knowing, and some things we should just be left to wonder about.

So it was dull stuff. Hopefully it gets better, and yes, I'll continue to watch as there is fuck-all else that takes my fancy at the moment.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    True. I'll still give dc movies a shot even though I haven't enjoyed many of them.

Animated and Bumblebee?

I count animated as separate (and obviously loved it)

Yes to bumblebee and also the first one is... not bad. It doesn't age well, but the first time I saw it was a buzz.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Really enjoyed that opening episode of Boba's Big Book. Jon Favreau just gets Star Wars doesn't he? Saw that 'fist punching through the desert sands' shot after escaping from Sarlacc from a mile off, but still gave a little whoop!

If I was to nitpick maybe that rooftop parkour chase scene was a little bit too Disneyfied (what are we, Prince of Persia?) and I don't think the hexapod desert beast thing was up to usual Star Wars creature creation standards, but otherwise it was a very solid start.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I’d suggest to Disney not to make too many more Tattoine-based tv shows. The member berries lose their potency every time you use them and their Star Wars stuff is full to the brim with it. So little new stuff, so little imagination. One after another, the alien species from Jabba’s palace all showed up again. Tentacle heads, Green piggies, Blue Elephant keyboard guy, Flute baldy.

And the Jawas, Banthas, Sand Bastards, whatever Greedo was. All present and correct. Mos Eisley type city. Luke’s farm type place. All here.

And, similar to G and Stella above, if they’re going to dig into every single scene and every single character from the original trilogy at least make it worthwhile. Their best idea for the escape from the sarlacc was that Boba Fett should punch some sand until he gets out. Pathetic really.

Despite all the complaining, it’s completely watchable bullshit. But one day I’m going to turn one of these on and realise I’m sick of it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    I’d suggest to Disney not to make too many more Tattoine-based tv shows.

I don’t disagree with this in general, but this feels like the first Disney trip to Tattooine that feels justified to me; digging into the Jabba criminal underworld strikes me as ripe with possibility. I’d like them to have not visited Tattooine in previous Star Wars things to make room for this.
  • It was fine. Ill tune in again.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:

Animated and Bumblebee?

I count animated as separate (and obviously loved it)

Yes to bumblebee and also the first one is... not bad. It doesn't age well, but the first time I saw it was a buzz.

I’m the same. Love the animated movie, one of my all time favourites. Bumblebee was really good. First movie was stunning at the time, and I think the special effects still hold up.

2nd film might be the worst movie I’ve ever seen. Certainly the worst movie I’ve ever paid to watch. Actually made me angry.

The rest all blur into one, and I couldn’t tell you what happens in which movie.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Star Wars not Transformers.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Yossarian wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    I’d suggest to Disney not to make too many more Tattoine-based tv shows.

I don’t disagree with this in general, but this feels like the first Disney trip to Tattooine that feels justified to me; digging into the Jabba criminal underworld strikes me as ripe with possibility. I’d like them to have not visited Tattooine in previous Star Wars things to make room for this.
    Yeah completely agree.
  • Was surprised that Disney has already rebooted the mandalorian, but anyways I quite enjoyed the first episode.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Fuck me this looks shit.
    It doesn't even look like Star Wars. Its more like Star Trek.

Ask, and ye shall receive.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I'm picturing a cardboard sign with "Trek" written on it in marker pen gaffer taped over the 'Wars' part of the old sign.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Not everyone has dat Disney dollar yo.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It hutts me to say Bubba Fat was just so underwhelming. The Mayor’s envoy was a joy though.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Oh c'mon! The fight scenes were really good and the use of the Bacta Tank for narrative flashbacks was neat. What did you find so underwhelming about it?
  • Pretty much every aspect of it tbh.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Hoped for something a bit more gritty. Felt toned down compared to Mando’s cracking opener. The street brawl seemed rehearsed and trim as Morrison is for his age, he just doesn’t convince as the Galaxy’s most feared bounty hunter.
  • Yeah, I thought that fight scene was really poor stuff.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    All said and done, will probably watch next week’s episode. Still clinging on to The Walking Dead and it’s last gasps.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!