The Star Wars thread - "Chewie, we're home."
  • All said and done, will probably watch next week’s episode. Still clinging on to The Walking Dead and it’s last gasps.
    Christ, even I binned that show off.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Star Wars not Zombies.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I am amazed someone here is still watching Walking Dead.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It’s a fine line.

Outta the way Stella!
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I've stuck with it this long, that I'll watch until the end of this final season.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Is Rick Dagless coming back?
  • I gave up just after the appearance of Negan and that half season that took place over one day only. Respect due to those who have kept going. Surely at this point it is a kind of meta art project whereby watching each season get dragged out is akin to living through the zombie apocalypse.
  • It's sunk time fallacy at this point. It's one of the few things myself and my wife watch together, so that's what keeps me going.
  • I gave up just after the appearance of Negan and that half season that took place over one day only. Respect due to those who have kept going. Surely at this point it is a kind of meta art project whereby watching each season get dragged out is akin to living through the zombie apocalypse.

I think a lot of people dropped around then. The shows pattern of many slow "character building" episodes before 1 big bang episode didn't suit the negan storyline.
    Is Rick Dagless coming back?

Awesomes

SFV - reddave360
  • monkey wrote:
    Blue Elephant keyboard guy, Flute baldy
    I knew these guys would have stupid canonical names. I've only just found out how stupid.
    A jizz-wailer was a musician who specialized in playing jizz songs. Max Rebo and his band often played popular jizz-wailer standards.

Jizz
  • Right, that's Ep2 of Bobby Fat done...and it's worse than the first. I dare say some people will like this, and that's fine, but for my money, this is like bad fan-fiction. Terrible stuff.
  • It hasn't quite hit the heights of Mando yet, but I am still finding it good fun. I wonder whether the
    Spoiler:
    Regardless, Fett's high speed heist was more thrilling than that bit in the film.

The only disappointment for me was the reveal of the
    Spoiler:

Josh might be directing fan fiction, but I reckon it's still got legs.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    The Fett series isn't as good as Mandalorian so far, but I really enjoyed the second episode of Boba Fett. The first was OK*, but this is hitting the stride. I almost expected him to start doing the haka during the bar fight.

Spoiler:
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Hmmm dodgy second episode. I'm liking the Tusken stuff faaaaar more than the Daimyo story. In saying that there was a scene in episode two that reminded me of The Mighty Boosh :)

My main problem is I find the Daimyo Boba Fett completely unthreatening. He seems a bit shit at fighting suddenly. That bit in episode one....aim low mate, aim low. I'm a bit surprised because I guess my expectations were high after Mando.
    All in all it's fine, I've no major complaints, it looks great and some lovely musical pieces.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    The only disappointment for me was the reveal of the
    Spoiler:

I reckon that's because
    Spoiler:
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • i've not bothered with this yet. I was never a Boba Fett fan, didn't really understand why he became such a cult thing in the first place.

and then the mandalorian is basically boba fett anyway isn't he, so it all seems rather pointless.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • It's certainly not helped by turgid writing and a central performance by a gurning elderly fat man with all the charisma of a plank of wood.
  • I do wonder if the inherent flaw with this series might be the whole "western in space" approach that they are taking with the shows. They can get away with sparse dialogue with something like the Mandalorian as it's working along the same lines as the spaghetti westerns.

But I'm not convinced that you can do a "crime show" without copious amounts of chit chat. They seem, at least at the moment, to be trying to avoid that, so we're getting drip fed the modern stuff and seeing more of the dialogue-light Tusken stuff.

I actually enjoyed both episodes (more so the second one) but I'm more interested in seeing a Star Wars Mafia show than anything and I'm not sure that's what we're getting.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    A very big meh from me so far, Temuera is too old, giving a lumbering performance in and out of the suit, rather than menacing. I get the clone storyline is why they brought him back, but why not hire a younger actor of Māori heritage.
    Things can only get better.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Haven’t watched it but didn’t we expect meh from all the fan service stuff? It’s like Solo, I honestly can’t recall a thing from it. I really wish they would expand out into other stuff, use the universe to tell different stories.
  • Don't be so blinkin' ageist manna! He still cuts a pretty menacing figure (although oddly, more out of his armour than in it)
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I’m around 10 years younger and he probably moves better than me, so yeah pot kettle :)
    Things can only get better.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m with Manna on that, TBF. He’s not quite doing it for me.

The show’s still doing just enough to get me tuning in each week to see where it’s going, mind. Being a fan of Ming-Na Wen from her Agents of Shield days helps.
  • g.man wrote:
    It's certainly not helped by turgid writing and a central performance by a gurning elderly fat man with all the charisma of a plank of wood.
    He's got a cracking set of gnashers on him but.

• g.man wrote:
    It's certainly not helped by turgid writing and a central performance by a gurning elderly fat man with all the charisma of a plank of wood.
    it just seems to me to have the same problem with nearly all the disney star wars stuff. it feels like they've announced a show/film based solely on there being an existing character they want to milk, and then just winged the story when they made it.

at least Mando felt like someone went 'i've got a story to tell in the star wars universe'

it's why i'm not particularly excited about the obi wan thing either. Ewan McGregor did the best he could with the role, so it's nowt against him, but....is there an exciting story about him that someone has been bursting to tell? or have Disney just thought "there's a name we've not milked in a long time, a long time....let's hire the actors, book some filming time, and we'll knock up the script on the drive to the location"
  • Is Obi-Wan going to be set while he's in exile, or during the Clone Wars?

They really need to get away from Tatooine.
  • apparently it's 10 years after revenge of sith, so about right in the middle of his exile looking after Luke and letting the empire think he's dead.
    something terrible must happen in the show though as i feel he's going to age terribly between the end of this and when we see him in episode 4 ;)
  • He shunned the Sand People skincare regime, that's what.
  • Either that or got drunk and feel asleep in the desert sun for a day
  • Well I really enjoyed episode 2 of Boba Book. I’m all for Boba and the Tuskens joining forces against the Hutts and keeping the story local to Tattoine gangs. It was a decent episode I thought, mixing good action with a nice story of Boba and Tuskens. I also think the Boba actor is doing a good job conveying Boba’s transition from bounty hunter to principled don, feeling his way. It does feel similar to the Tattoine levels of Mandalorian but nowt wrong with that in my opinion.

Regarding Kenobi, at least some of that is set on Tattoine also as there were huge Tattoine sets in the UK built for it that Ewan McGregor was on. I think it is supposed to be the period that old Ben is keeping watch while Luke grows up. And you’ll all be pleased to know Hayden Christensen is cast again for it. Assuming that’s for flashbacks as Anakin and not a Tattoine-based Kenobi vs Darth battle before the famous Death Star meet up because a) that would be terrible; and b) the old ‘when I first met you…now I’m the master’ line would lose all its poignancy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!