Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Is it racist to confuse Jedi and Sith? All force-users are the same? ;)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I dont see (light sabre) colour.

On a side note, I think I'll just stop trying with Star Wars. Really wanted to like Obi the series, but I'm just not into the universe enough to enjoy it anymore. I enjoyed but force awakens, rogue one and last jedi, but since than nothing has really clicked. Solo was dull, Rise of Skywalker was awful and Mandolorian didnt engage with me at all.

Just not for me.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    There is only a certain number of times that light can triumph over dark before the sense of risk dissipates.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • That's the issue though isn't it? You know Leia is going to be okay, regardless of what happens to Ben, you know he's fine as well. There's no overall risk here at all which is why they'll massacre everyone else instead.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Pity the poor red shirt; an icon to be sacrificed, yet never remembered.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Gave up on Kenobi half way through the second episode. It really is shite of the first order.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Clap clap but also yeah, I've not even bothered going near it.  S1 of Mando was enough for me.
  • This is aids.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I thought kenobi was better than i expected. Not that i expected much. I think it helps though to watch it with my kid since i tend to go along for the ride with her and she isn't watching it with all the baggage and history for star wars i carry
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • That’s the first two eps of Kenobi in the bag.
    Not good. There are a few decent performances in it (and a few stinkers as well), but again, it’s the writing and direction that’s majorly at fault. It’s like watching Star Wars For Dummies. Absolutely moronic storytelling on a par with Fat Boba.
    I suppose kids will enjoy it. Not offensively bad, just poorly written and feels utterly pointless.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Pointless yes
    The bounty hunter / kidnapper chap was hilariously bad
    Kunail either cringeworthy or injecting necessary humour or somehow both at the same time…
    It never seems to make any sense, like why wouldn’t senator send an army to rescue his daughter?
  • Anyway I keep pushing on hoping to find my tolerance limit for this shit maybe this is the series which does it
  • Fat Bob did it for me. Literally don't give one solitary fuck anymore. I was worried this might be quite good and draw me back in. Glad it's not. Will still watch eventually.
  • Sigh Kenobi. Ewan himself is great. I also liked grumpy Lars. I thought it was kind of neat to see Alderaan. But the turd sister is a fucking dose of a "character". Just shouting, attempting to look scary and one note. 
    Its not fat boba bad yet, but its gotta pull its pants up.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Holy fuck there's an overblown recap at the start of this.

Amazing.

Would anyone have thought they could so thoroughly drive something as large as Star Wars into the dirt? Cos they're doing a dang fine job of it
  • Oh god the start us so bad! Why is the camera shaking so much? How can you not find good kid actors these days?

Ooh, desert planet. How exciting.

Why does this look like less of a convincing world than Firefly?
  • Don’t want to start an internet disagreement here but thought the girl playing Leia was a strong point. Obviously the chase scenes in forest and on streets were awful but her precociousness was charming rather than off putting for this viewer
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You know it might be time to just accept that we're all grown up and Star Wars is, and always was, for kids. I mean, Disney bought it. There is not going to be any more good Star Wars.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    There must be some 12 step plan to wean yourself off Star Wars.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Can’t say I cared hugely for young Leia, but it was hardly a dealbreaker.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Mando is good Star Wars. Maybe it's more time to accept that if you don't like it you don't have to watch it? Plenty of other shows out there
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    First series of Mandalorian was ok. A lot of shite to wade through just to get to that. I mean, does anyone think that Star Wars is quality stuff these days? Most of it seems to oscillate between ok and rancid. Has there been anything at all that has come close to the original trilogy?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’d say Mando did.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fair enough so.
  • Kow wrote:
    There must be some 12 step plan to wean yourself off Star Wars.
    The Book of Boba Fett has 7 episodes.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Hah.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Was looking forward to Obi Wan - but now my confidence is knocked.

I liked Mando, even with the filler episodes. I don't remember much of it though.

Skipped Bobba Fett after hearing about the butcher job on the character. I'll still check this out because of Ewan.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Davy, it’s still ok if you just switch your brain off. I didn’t mind it, not Boba levels at the moment. 

That Reva actress is just plain shit though.

I’m in it for Ewan.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • It's a small thing, and it applies to a lot of sci-fi, but Star Wars is probably the main offender, and this really grinds my gears.
    The scale of planets.
    Planets in Star Wars consist of either one city, or if it's a backwater like Tatooine, a couple of towns...and that's it.
    Now I don't know if anyone has noticed, but planets are actually pretty fucking big, and this pisses me off.

I'm looking for Nomad Wayfarer, I hear he's on this planet?

Oh look, there he is, sitting in that bar across the street!

Imagine me rocking up in Mumbai, accosting the first local I see, and saying to them, I'm looking for a small girl, she's been kidnapped, but I know she's on this planet.
    Don't think I'd get very far.
    Literally everything in Star Wars is spoken about on a planetary scale, but actualised as a small town in the Scottish Borders.

*grumble grumble*
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yeah, one town, and one biosphere across the whole planet. Here on earth we have deserts and frozen tundra and forests and grasslands and oceans and lakes. In space, pick one.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!