PSN - minkymu
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Definite Tattooine fatigue, but this does at least feel like reasonably fertile ground for a series.
  • Jedi hunters
    PSN - minkymu
  • Sith slayers.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Let’s hope it’s better than Boba Fatt

Couldn’t be worse.
    Minkymu wrote:
    The trailer looks great

Watch the Boba trailer again guys. It certainly wasn’t the bag is shite show we got and Disney knew it. Where were the Boba beat downs? Where were the mods?

At this stage the most highly paid people on the crew is probably trailer cutting team.

• Lads does anybody else have an issue with the grand inquisitor? He looks so wrong.Rest of the trailer looks great.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I want to see new stories and characters set in the universe. I don’t want to see old stories and characters. I do not need to see Kenobi looking at a young Luke. I hope this is set off Tattoine almost entirely. Did The Mandalorian not teach them anything?
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Lads does anybody else have an issue with the grand inquisitor? He looks so wrong.Rest of the trailer looks great.

The who?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The guy with face markings is the Grand Inquisitor from the animated series Star Wars: Rebels.

I dunno, are animated characters ever going to look quite right in live action? Did they recast or did they just let the voice actor do it?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Pretty much every character they have brought in from the cartoons into live action has looked terrible.
    The designs don't transition well into the SW aesthetic in live action or at least are too literal in their transitions.

Anyway, wont be bothering with Kenobi. I haven't even watched Boba yet. Its all gone a bit shit. I was hoping Mando would be a renaissance but seems to be an exception instead.
  • That Inquisitor guy reminds me of Curious Orange.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm willing to handwave Boba. It feels like it was something they threw together as an apology for Covid fucking up the Mando production schedule. It's too late anyway as I bought a year of Disney+ before they put up the price, so I'll give this a go.
  • I'll accept the first episode on Tatooine. Then they've got to get him out of there. Would be nice if the whole thing didn't have a million spin-off series piloted in there as well. But that trailer does look good.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I want to see new stories and characters set in the universe. I don’t want to see old stories and characters. I do not need to see Kenobi looking at a young Luke. I hope this is set off Tattoine almost entirely. Did The Mandalorian not teach them anything?

Stella gets it. Fuck this constant back-story-filling-in-the-gaps-bollocks
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I get it, but then this does feel like a proper gap, we know basically nothing about what happened to Kenobi between the end of Episode 3 and the start of Episode 4*, and the character is in an interesting place at the end of Episode 3 having failed to heed warnings and unleashed Darth Vader on the galaxy. There is room for something worthwhile here, I think.

* Well, at least not from any of the live-action films or shows, I don’t know about the extended canon.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    On the one hand I want to sort of agree but on the other the prequel actors are aging so time is kinda of the essence for revisiting those characters in live action. They can churn out endless original Star Wars later but revisiting the prequel characters is something they need to do right now.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    revisiting the prequel characters is something they need to do right now.

They need never do this, now or later. IMHO.

That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • I hope that having an A-lister and calling it one of the most recognised names in popular culture means they're chucking some proper effort and budget at it. They can't knock out too many more Boba Fetts before people start staying away.

Alright they probably can.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    revisiting the prequel characters is something they need to do right now.

They need never do this, now or later. IMHO.

Haha, fair enough!
  • I'd be willing to try this just because of McGregor - he is usually a good bet (star wars prequels aside)

But this feels like one of those ideas that would be better without the baggage of Obi Wan? The Jedi being hunted should be a good basis for a story and nostalgic characters can be fed in, but I think its better if they created a new character who was on the run (or one of those back round boys that SW fans love so much)
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You get the added dimension with Obi Wan that the Jedi are being hunted in large part because of his actions in the prequels.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Didn't really matter what he did in the prequels though, the Jedi were all gonna be Palped anyway cos of order 42 or whatever it was. It was always on the cards. I guess we could get some guilty back story going on, but I have a lack of faith in Disney doing anything with SW now except sink it.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    But this feels like one of those ideas that would be better without the baggage of Obi Wan? The Jedi being hunted should be a good basis for a story and nostalgic characters can be fed in, but I think its better if they created a new character who was on the run (or one of those back round boys that SW fans love so much)

Tbf this is already the premise of Rebels, Fallen Order, multiple novels and comics etc.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Tbf this is already the premise of Rebels, Fallen Order, multiple novels and comics etc.

I wasnt aware of all that but If its already covered than maybe move on.

Like I say, I will give this a shot because of the lead, but I think a series set in a near past with established characters always suffer

Better call Saul being the exception.
    SFV - reddave360
  • i'll prob give this a shot, I like McGregor, but i don't have much faith in the disney star wars team.

I'd take bets on obi-wan dispatching about half a dozen 'jedi hunters' on Luke's doorstep by the end of this and the empire will still decide "hmm, no jedi's here then"
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • The empire couldn't even match surnames, they've no chance of finding jedi.
    SFV - reddave360
  • The music was by far and away the best bit of the trailer. 

I'm with the people who have already said that this backstory filling for popular characters needs to stop. 

The trailer legit cuts to Uncle Owen and like, what? Am I supposed to do the leo gif and point and go "OMG UNCLE OWEN I KNOW HIM!"

What are the stakes going to be? Obi Wan has actual plot armour for the entire duration of the show. Oh no some jedis we've never seen before this series might die and Obi-Wan will be sad. Oh no they might find out Luke is on Tattooine, oh no they won't, or if they do, they die before they can do anything to him because we watched a movie made 45 years ago that shows us that he has no idea about jedis, or that the empire is even bad at first!

Edit: I guess I'm just salty that a company like Disney has the budget to do these shows, but they are only willing to do it on the most safest, most familiar bits of the IP. It's very boring tbh. The whole of star wars is available for them to make something creative out of, and here we are on Tattooine again, with a popular character, who we have already watched live to be an old man and die in a future part of the story, doing stuff that's basically just farting around the edges because they're a character that has to be later involved in the main plot of the movies.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • The highlight of this series will be when we find out where the "old Ben kenobi" name comes from.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Lay off Uncle Owen, he was the best character in all 9 movies.
    "Fix them moisture farms Liam".
    "Hi Smea, my sister what is Darf-errr-Anthony's mum""

What dialogue, never forget, pour one out for my burnt bro.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!