The Star Wars thread - "Chewie, we're home."
  • Caught up with the final four episodes of Fat Boba now.
    Entire series was absolute garbage. Fair play to anyone that enjoyed it, but this really was piss-tier Star Wars for my money. Everything about it stank. The writing, the direction, the acting, the music. All absolute guff. I've genuinely seen better fan made projects on YouTube than this rotten turd of a series.
    There is nothing sadder than the stench of mediocrity, and boy does The House of Mouse need to aim higher than this.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    G knows.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Pondered doing a hairy edit of the finale, pruning the iffy shots, then realised there’s a jam doughnut in the kitchen.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Tbh I get that viewpoint. Problem is Favreau and Co setup a top quality show with Mando that seemed to understand not just Star Wars but good story telling. The fact the same people have completely fucked Boba is worse than having a fuckwit come in and spoil the show. No real excuse for it.
    Yeah thats the thing isnt it, F&F got so much right with Mando and BOBF gets it all wrong. 

But I did laugh and grin quite a bit at the series, some intended humour, some certainly not. The Mayor's assistant I really liked, Peli Motto saying she dated a Jawa....and they were furry.....ewwww.....the Krrsantan shuffle into the desert, the power rangers on their bikes, Rancor Kong etc etc. I do hope there is a series two.

Are Disney ever going to do a full series? Im sick of all these 7 or 8-parters (Marvel and SW)
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    How many episodes count as a full series? I can think of loads of shows with even fewer than 8 episodes in a series.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Personally, I’m quite happy with the shorter series lengths. Nothing wrong with being more focused.
  • Considering the writing on all these Star Wars and Marvel shows has by and large been woeful, I can't imagine anyone having the mental fortitude required to endure twenty or more hours of this sort of shite.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Even Doctor Who is only 10 episodes a year on a good year now. Think it's a combo of the burden of modern TV special effects and being able to get more prestigious actors if they don't have to spend all year on one project.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I find it interesting that Disney ditched the extended universe and made it non canon, only to start bringing in all the bits they like and they know the fans will go ape shit for. 
    I'm kind of hoping for a lone wolf and cub type situation for Mando going forward, almost like the TV show Kung Fu. Think it would allow them to drop in characters without having them commit. 
    But no more Boba please.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I think Mando was a one-season-wonder tbh. Great stuff. Short contained weekly stories, with a hint of an over arching narrative mayber.
    Season two seemed only to exist to introduce lots of new characters that Disney want to spin into their own projects, and was disappointing for me.
    Same with Marvel. We don't have a compelling story to tell, we just have a lot of nods and winks and memes and hints about what exciting things are coming in the future.
    It's vacuous at best, and I'll wager unsustainable to the mainstream audience in the long term.
  • Well this series of BOBF, it needed either a complete rewrite(preferably) or a few more episodes to fleshout the wanna be crimelord arc. I think you lot are right a 20 episode run would be too much, but in or around 10 I think would give more breathing room.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Thing that has long annoyed me about the Star Wars universe is all the talk about stuff on a planetary scale.
    We're taking control of this planet!
    Dude, there are eight of you. It's like me and my boys fire-bombing the local boozer and declaring ourselves rulers of Earth.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    How many episodes count as a full series? I can think of loads of shows with even fewer than 8 episodes in a series.

I think the standard for “good” tv is 10 now. The last two series I watched - True Detective and Yellowjackets were 10. Euphoria 1 is technically a 10 but really it’s an 8+2
  • g.man wrote:
    I think Mando was a one-season-wonder tbh. Great stuff. Short contained weekly stories, with a hint of an over arching narrative mayber.
    Season two seemed only to exist to introduce lots of new characters that Disney want to spin into their own projects, and was disappointing for me.
    Same with Marvel. We don't have a compelling story to tell, we just have a lot of nods and winks and memes and hints about what exciting things are coming in the future.
    It's vacuous at best, and I'll wager unsustainable to the mainstream audience in the long term.

G knows.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

I think the standard for “good” tv is 10 now. The last two series I watched - True Detective and Yellowjackets were 10. Euphoria 1 is technically a 10 but really it’s an 8+2

Sure, there are lots of ten episode shows around, but it doesn’t follow that anything shorter than that isn’t a full series.
  • Back in the day many of the bbc2 comedy shows were 6 episodes per season and all the better for it. There is so much TV out there, short series for the win.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Just watched that finale.

Piss.
  • Love that Luke couldn’t even be arsed to fly the kid himself. Send him to Mos Eisley, a wretched hive of scum and villainy, all on his tod.
  • He didn’t even write a note explaining why he sent him back. Surely the first thing Mando will do is fly back and ask what the hell.

That’s not even scratching the surface of the dumb in this program.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    R2 is there to explain it all.
    Things can only get better.
  • g.man wrote:
    Thing that has long annoyed me about the Star Wars universe is all the talk about stuff on a planetary scale.
    We're taking control of this planet!
    Dude, there are eight of you. It's like me and my boys fire-bombing the local boozer and declaring ourselves rulers of Earth.

The problem with Star Wars stuff is that they’re so obsessed with what has come before that they’ve given up on trying to do anything completely new. Who cares about boba fett and the sarlacc pit. Isn’t there a bunch more planets in this galaxy? Take me somewhere other than fucking Tattooine
  • g.man wrote:
    Thing that has long annoyed me about the Star Wars universe is all the talk about stuff on a planetary scale. We're taking control of this planet! Dude, there are eight of you. It's like me and my boys fire-bombing the local boozer and declaring ourselves rulers of Earth.

Star Trek sufferes from this as well. Earth has mulitple cultures within cities but alien worlds are lucky if they have more than 2 cultures on their planet. Fucking most of them are lucky if they have more than one style of outfit
    SFV - reddave360
  • In Star Trek, they turn up unannounced and instantly get the head of the whole planet on FaceTime.
  • mannaboy wrote:
    R2 is there to explain it all.

R2 had fucked off. He was ‘in a hurry’ and Mando asked the mechanic lady why Grogu was there and she didn’t have a clue.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Shame R2 didn’t have any sort of message recording and playback facility.

Wait.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Embrace the mystery, bunch of curmudgeons.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Wasn't a Boba Fett movie planned around the same time as Solo, along with the Kenobi movie?

It occured to me that BOBF could have been the plot of the proposed movie from years back retrofitted with all of the subsequent Mando story development, hence why it felt so messy and a lot of key arcs (like the sand people) felt unfinished.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    So I finally got my arse into gear and watched Episode IX.

The fuck was that.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The nadir of the franchise, that’s what.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    So I finally got my arse into gear and watched Episode IX.

The fuck was that.

Hey, they were backed into an impossible corner by last jedi.

Or something.

SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!