The Star Wars thread - "Chewie, we're home."
  • I thought they would get him and then use audio trickery with changing pitch and wavelength and all that malarkey to match it to younger recording?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Re: 4
    Spoiler:
    Wait, did they not get Hamill in to do the voice work? He is getting credited (and paid for this) isn't he?

QFPT
  • He did some of the live-action bits for Mando but his voice was AI generated. For Boba, he didn’t even do the live action stuff. Not credited at all.
  • His voice was completely flat. That tech isn’t ready for prime time yet. They need to try and match it up to a real performance.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    In the Mando behind the scenes, they duplicated everything with both Mark Hamill and the lookalike but even in that it seemed like everything with Hamill was going on the cutting room floor and he was mainly there so they could say it was Luke Skywalker as played by Mark Hamill.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Visually, I thought it looked pretty good though. Even the mouth was ok. But you wouldn’t be able to do too much with him before you could start seeing the strings. A dialogue-heavy scene playing against a real-life human would have probably shown up the contrast quite a bit more.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Hmm. Feel quite tepid about that finale. I don't think this ever quite shook the 'Fett content = bad, Mando content = good' thing, which renders it a bit pointless tbh. Think this would have been better as a 3-4 episode mini-arc at the start of Mandalorian Season 3 rather than its own series.
  • I enjoyed the action in the final episode, and Fett certainly showed more of the fight that I’d been hoping for.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • The editing was weird. The wookiee alternated between unable to stand, to running and gunning, randomly between cuts. Surely Slave 1 would have been a better option than the rancor. Then did he just decide at the end he didn't want to rule after all?

Mods bike are still majorly shit. Would have been better characters without them. Not even the attempted Akira slide homage worked.
  • Ok that was the worst episode of them all. Atrocious.
  • I enjoyed it for what it was. Like a really big poo. Hit a couple of good bits in the middle. But if you sat and thought about it afterwards for too long, you start to notice it was a stinker.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Ok that was the worst episode of them all. Atrocious.

Absolutely this. It was another embarrassment. Can’t believe Rodriguez directed that barrel of shite.

It was offensively bad. So bad they managed to make Mando look as shit as Boba. The fight scenes were comical.

It’s a known great military strategy to fight out in the open taking pot shots at enemies behind walls. And if the Pikes were so many why did they just attack in rounds like I was playing fucking Zombie horde mode?

As for Fett’s little army. Pathetically laughable. It’s ok we’ve got the city covered by about a dozen people. No one will be getting past us.

People worried about the Halo TV show have nothing to worry about. I can’t see how it could be worse than this.
  • I suppose when you coldly analyse it like what bOr1s has done there, it is hard to disagree with any of that.

But you'd have to be a real curmudgeon not to
    Spoiler:

As a series though it was all over the bloody place and it's really hard to see them making another season of this, enjoyable, in moments, though it was.

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m with Blocks, although maybe not roaring with laughter, there were definitely some moments that made me smile. 

Grogu remains the breakout star of all Disney Star Wars stuff.
  • The finale was a mess. I kinda enjoyed it though. But Boba Fett. Fuck sake. How many times has this happened this season:
    Boba Fett: "I am going to do X. 100% Im going to do X."
    Random background thug: " But you should do Y."
    Boba Fett: "Ok, I will do Y"

Its fucking ridiculous. The action was a bit crazy. Ill spoiler just in case:
    Spoiler:
    Oh man its nuts.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yeah that was awful. The action, if u can call it that, would have been better put together by a group of primary school kids at lunchtime.

Shite
    PSN - minkymu
  • I honestly dont get it. Mando had put star wars back on track then this shit show
    PSN - minkymu
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    There are a few theories going round as to what happened. One is that Mando Series 3 got so delayed due to Covid that they wanted to rush something out there in its usual release slot to tide people over. The other I've read is that the stuff about them falling out with Pedro Pascal is true and this Boba Fett plotline is basically Disney threatening him with transitioning the series over to another actor.
  • That's backfired if true.
  • Modwhirl is so going to become a meme.  I pissed myself laughing at the stuidity and silliness of it.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I don't think the falling out rumours ever had much credibility tbh and Pascal's character never showing his face works in this favour as he's been able to do The Last of Us and get away with not doing much on Mando Series 3.
  • Its weird one. But I do think the Robert Rodriguez directed episodes are the worst. The finale could have been great in the right hands. Do the action right and it would work fine. So I think a large chunk of blame goes to RR.
    I've no issue with the overall struture. Bit of Tuscan flashbacks, then the main I wanna be a daimyo story. But its the execution that was completely lacking, the editing and writing were all over the place.
    Aside from that I dont know why they did what they did to Boba Fett. Its Fennec Shand's show really. She did most of the talking, most of the action and made most of the plans it seems. The Boba Fett we saw in Mando S2 was not the same Boba Fett we saw in BOBF.

Then the sandwiching in of the two Mando episodes, thats just bizaare. I interpreted that as possibly being a bit of a fuck you to Boba Fett/Temura Morrison.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Modwhirl is so going to become a meme.  I pissed myself laughing at the stuidity and silliness of it.

This.

I’d honestly put the prequels above this utter garbage.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've seen Robert Rodriguez getting criticised on a lot of the Internet so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets dropped from Star Wars after this. But even if there are issues with his direction, it doesn't explain the poor writing of the non-Mando content and weird structure of the series as a whole. Something generally went a bit wrong with this.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I've seen Robert Rodriguez getting criticised on a lot of the Internet so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets dropped from Star Wars after this. But even if there are issues with his direction, it doesn't explain the poor writing of the non-Mando content and weird structure of the series as a whole. Something generally went a bit wrong with this.
    Yep, very strange series indeed. Interesting to see the wildly varying Star Wars output. I would have thought Disney would be very protective of the SW tv content and make sure it was up to snuff.
  • Boba Fett felt like B-team stuff with scenes like the Mod chase coming across like a misguided fan film.

But given what they did with the sequel trilogy, Disney making amateur errors with Star Wars doesn't surprise me. Marvel is where they are now.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    Can we not just enjoy it?

Panty, my man. Had so many grins from the finale.

Fucking loving all the flourishes in the last third of the book and can excuse the iffy bits - from a certain point of view. I’ve come to accept since the last two films, it can go with the territory.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Tbh I get that viewpoint.

Problem is Favreau and Co setup a top quality show with Mando that seemed to understand not just Star Wars but good story telling. The fact the same people have completely fucked Boba is worse than having a fuckwit come in and spoil the show. No real excuse for it.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    True, hard to defend but there were some less then well executed parts of the Mando series but not the title character, granted. Approach these SW extensions as a big buffet and ignore the poo worm vol-au-vents.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!