Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Return of the King is a little flabby

I genuinely almost screamed at this. Just one of those three films is a “little” flabby?

I’ve seen fatbergs that are leaner than that trilogy.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Return of the King is a little flabby
    I genuinely almost screamed at this. Just one of those three films is a “little” flabby? I’ve seen fatbergs that are leaner than that trilogy.

I dont fully agree but that was hilarious. I now want to see a fatberg. 

(yes, to be fair all three movies are overlong but I kinda enjoy that aspect of them - it helps with the epic vibe and scale of the journey.)
    SFV - reddave360
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The ending(s) of RoTK is a thing of joy.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    The ending(s)es(s) of RoTK is a thing of joy.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I don't know what I was trying to do there.  Faithful to the book though where you think its going to end but it doesn't.  multiple times.

Also, I enjoyed the extended editions of LotR.  haven't seen extended Hobbit and not sure I want to.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think the multiple endings were the part that made me actively hate the trilogy. My arse feels numb just thinking about them.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The Hobbit misses the mark in every way. It should have had a totally different feel that was light and fun and didn't do all of that Sauron back story, and yes two films only.
  • My primary memory of the Hobbit is a dwarf bouncing down a rapid river while fighting goblins looking not unlike Obelix from Asterix. And Martin Freeman looking sad.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Smaug looked brilliant in the second film. That was it for the whole trilogy.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The river scene in the cinema was splendid. I remember enjoying it. Bombur did look like Obelix in that film. :)

Freeman was good in the role but it annoyed me as basically it's just his usual schtick.

I have all 3 extended editions on DVD - there's some enjoyment for fanboys like me - the dwarves skinny dipping in the elvish fountain and some extra machines and animals in the big battle.

Smaug was the highlight no doubt. Though Evangline Lilly was bloody gorgeous in it.

The Hobbit had plenty of things to enjoy but it was pure fan service. I don't think they hold up like LoTR does.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I will agree that there was a scene on a river in the Hobbit movie Davy, after that you are on your own.
    SFV - reddave360
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I recall the first Hobbit I watched at the cinema in that 48fps version and it was terrible. The river scene looked like it had been filmed on a cheap camcorder. Glad that has died a death.
  • Totally agree The Hobbit should have been one movie. Maybe there is a fan cut out there? 
    Some elements I thought were great though, I loved the scene where the dwarves came to Bilbo's for tea and umm a few more. I did not like the shoehorned in romance. 

Back to Kenobi though. I thought John Williams was doing the score? If he did its not that memorable.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • The opening music sounds like Spiderman on PS4
  • g.man wrote:
    How did Kenobi’s hair survive the fire?
    I can’t so much as light a cigarette without burning what’s left of mine off.

It's just a live action kids comic. Like that shitty rebels show but with actual actors being t mpted by Disney dollars to bring shame to their career.

And Vader is shit. This episode ruined Vader utterly

Nononono, Rebels is not rubbish. It's a great show! Except for Hera's people randomly having bad french accents.

Obi Wan is ok, critical thinking does need to be avoided. I can enjoy it but there's plenty of wtf moments to keep it spicy.

I'm with Toss on LotR. I fell asleep in the cinema for the second one, although not unusual for me to fall asleep during a movie. I never read the books though so wonder if that's what's missing for me.
  • I watched all LotR and Hobbit extended editions start of the year, was well up for lazy Sunday, epic fantasy film binges and so thoroughly enjoyed them all. Sat on a sofa tho, pauses, food, cans etc, probably way better than the cinema experience. Had the TV moved really close too.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    I will agree that there was a scene on a river in the Hobbit movie Davy, after that you are on your own.

:)

When I watched it again it wasn't as good but I found it fun on first viewing on the big screen.
  • Today's episode is probably the best of the four. Ben is starting to remember that he's Obi-Wan Fucking Kenobi.
  • nick_md wrote:
    I watched all LotR and Hobbit extended editions start of the year, was well up for lazy Sunday, epic fantasy film binges and so thoroughly enjoyed them all. Sat on a sofa tho, pauses, food, cans etc, probably way better than the cinema experience. Had the TV moved really close too.

Aha, theres the fatberg.
    SFV - reddave360
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Today's episode is probably the best of the four. Ben is starting to remember that he's Obi-Wan Fucking Kenobi.

Agreed, I don't think there was anything too stupid in this one. Reasonable knockabout fun.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • The last episode will almost certainly be a final confrontation with Third Sister and Obi-Wan, and hopefully by then, he has his full confidence back and it's a total no contest.

He pulls her lightsaber out of her hand, holds her in place with the force, and walks up and beheads her. No messing about. Put the fear of him back in to Vader.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It's annoying they hobbled him but let's face it - at the end of ep.3 is was an invincible fighting machine so some hazard had to be introduced.
  • The last episode will almost certainly be a final confrontation with Third Sister and Obi-Wan, and hopefully by then, he has his full confidence back and it's a total no contest.

He pulls her lightsaber out of her hand, holds her in place with the force, and walks up and beheads her. No messing about. Put the fear of him back in to Vader.

Given the racist shit the poor actress has received maybe having old white guy use a power called the force to hold a black woman in place while he beheads her may not be the best optics.
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    The last episode will almost certainly be a final confrontation with Third Sister and Obi-Wan, and hopefully by then, he has his full confidence back and it's a total no contest. He pulls her lightsaber out of her hand, holds her in place with the force, and walks up and beheads her. No messing about. Put the fear of him back in to Vader.
    Given the racist shit the poor actress has received maybe having old white guy use a power called the force to hold a black woman in place while he beheads her may not be the best optics.
    Dont forget that black woman (Reva) is a stone cold killer and deserves comeuppance.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    The last episode will almost certainly be a final confrontation with Third Sister and Obi-Wan, and hopefully by then, he has his full confidence back and it's a total no contest. He pulls her lightsaber out of her hand, holds her in place with the force, and walks up and beheads her. No messing about. Put the fear of him back in to Vader.
    Dont forget that black woman (Reva) is a stone cold killer and deserves comeuppance.

I've not seen episode 4 yet, but I'd presumed they were ultimately going to go with a redemption arc for her.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:

I've not seen episode 4 yet, but I'd presumed they were ultimately going to go with a redemption arc for her.

Thats the rumour going around the white hats on the death star construction site alright.
    SFV - reddave360
  • how many bothans died to bring you that info?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I got that impression too. Dunno why exactly, because she's been acting pretty Sithy so far
  • I got that impression too. Dunno why exactly, because she's been acting pretty Sithy so far

H in the wrong place there bud.

SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!