The Star Wars thread - "Chewie, we're home."
  • The guy Wade who died piloting the snowspeeder. They missed a trick calling him Wade. With just a little more thought with the naming, the writers could have had the perfect scene where our heroes dock with the bigger ship, and the dude comes out to meet them and says, “Thank God you’re all safe, but wait, where’s Manny?”
    To which Kenobi could have replied, “Manny Bothan died to save the princess.”
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s not the acting is it. I though Reva was actually decent in this. But the writing goes from bad to worse. G’s spoiler made me laugh out loud.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    This was one of the better episodes but it still isn't firing on all cylinders writing-wise. I worry about their talent pipeline for Star Wars TV because it feels like things fall apart as soon as Dave Filoni's back is turned.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Can’t remember, but even if so, at a glance they looked like two officers walking around.

I forgot about the officer immunity. Oh wait no, that's obviously not a fucking thing. She was stopped at the checkpoint on the was in wearing the same officer's uniform. I'm not even getting into what old Ben looked like in his disguise
  • He was wearing a nice hat.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Can’t remember, but even if so, at a glance they looked like two officers walking around.

I forgot about the officer immunity. Oh wait no, that's obviously not a fucking thing. She was stopped at the checkpoint on the was in wearing the same officer's uniform. I'm not even getting into what old Ben looked like in his disguise

There was one person who stopped her while there weren’t alarms going off, and he was quickly cowed with a bit of indignation from her.

Most people aren’t going to challenge people they think are their superiors, especially in an emergency situation.
  • This made me do a smile...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

There was one person who stopped her while there weren’t alarms going off, and he was quickly cowed with a bit of indignation from her.

Most people aren’t going to challenge people they think are their superiors, especially in an emergency situation.

The emergency situation was a lockdown. They definitely are going to challenge their superiors since they literally just did it on the way in. They'd sure as shit be super suspicious of them on the way out, I mean fucking look at them. Are you sniffing spice from the mines of Kessel, Yoss?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Nah, it’s human nature not to challenge people, particularly superiors, there’s a distraction with alarms going off and people running around everywhere, they probably don’t even know what they’re looking for, but are probably expecting people to be trying to fight their way out. I can easily see why most people would glance at a couple of apparent officers and not think twice about it.
  • I liked that the equipment they took on their extremely dangerous, top-secret, super stealthy espionage mission into an impenetrable base included communicators that could start blaring out to anyone within earshot.
  • monkey wrote:
    I liked that the equipment they took on their extremely dangerous, top-secret, super stealthy espionage mission into an impenetrable base included communicators that could start blaring out to anyone within earshot.
    Then she sits down at a terminal in the quietest room in the base, mere feet away from several other officers using terminals, and starts broadcasting to Kenobi on her walkie talkie. You could hear a fucking pin drop in there. It's like a fucking library. I'm sure one of them even shushed her.
    But it gets better, because when the officer finally enters and challenges her, she murders him behind the bookcase, feet away from these dudes who are still sitting at the terminals, nobody hears a fucking thing, and she sits back down at her terminal and starts radioing Kenobi again.
    Must have had their imperial AirPods in.
  • BAD FAN FICTION.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Nah, it’s human nature not to challenge people, particularly superiors, there’s a distraction with alarms going off and people running around everywhere, they probably don’t even know what they’re looking for, but are probably expecting people to be trying to fight their way out. I can easily see why most people would glance at a couple of apparent officers and not think twice about it.

She. Was. Challenged. On. The. Way. In.

That human nature stuff falls a bit short in light of that indisputable fact that we literally watched in the episode, surely?

And the alarm was a lockdown, meaning there's even more chance of a challenge since no cunt is allowed out of the secure facility. It wasn't a fire alarm, change of shift or the pissing dinner bell or something going off, it was a call for them to do their jobs. And they weren't looking for anyone in particular (although I'm sure they'd be briefed that Obi-Wan might try to rescue Leia), they just had to stop anyone leaving. Dead simple.

I have no clue how or why you'd argue this but it's a funny old galaxy
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    I liked that the equipment they took on their extremely dangerous, top-secret, super stealthy espionage mission into an impenetrable base included communicators that could start blaring out to anyone within earshot.

I was confused by the radios before that, because she was talking to him while he was underwater so I thought it was an earpiece or something. Very odd. I get it's a reference to the trash compactor scene in ANH, especially with it sitting on the desk, but still
  • "That officer over there. The one leaving the base in a hurry while the lockdown alarm is going off. Do you think we should challenge him?"

"Which officer is that?"

"The one over there with four legs..."
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Looks a bit Kenobi-ish? Probably nothing suspicious
  • Imagine he'd put Leia on his shoulders and put the coat on for the full TALL MAN lols, and drawn a moustache on her wee face, then they'd been stopped at the security gate on the way out by the same guy that gave them hassle on the way in, and Leia had to do the talking with a deep voice to get them through.
    It could have been the greatest scene in the history of Star Wars.
  • Kenobi mind tricking the guy into saluting them could have made it work, actually.
  • JEDI GOLD
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, that would have been a better call back to ANH. Oh well
  • Just imagining his hand coming out of the midriff to do a wee mind trick wave.  They definitely should reshoot for the special edition.
  • We’re wasted here chaps. We could be making big money writing this guff for Disney.
  • g.man wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    Then she sits down at a terminal in the quietest room in the base, mere feet away from several other officers using terminals, and starts broadcasting to Kenobi on her walkie talkie. You could hear a fucking pin drop in there. It's like a fucking library. I'm sure one of them even shushed her.
    But it gets better, because when the officer finally enters and challenges her, she murders him behind the bookcase, feet away from these dudes who are still sitting at the terminals, nobody hears a fucking thing, and she sits back down at her terminal and starts radioing Kenobi again.
    Must have had their imperial AirPods in.
    Lol that was gold! I also chortled when she bitch slapped a storm trooper.

http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

She. Was. Challenged. On. The. Way. In.

By someone standing around bored at work with nothing else to do except flex what little power they had, not during an emergency situation where people think they may have to attack.

Look, you don’t need to find it convincing, I’m telling you why it didn’t bother me particularly. You’re free to feel differently about it, that’s fine.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    By someone standing around bored at work with nothing else to do except flex what little power they had

That's a funny way to describe someone at their post carrying out their job. But ok, we can definitely agree to disagree on this one
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The script writers are having a laugh.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    By someone standing around bored at work with nothing else to do except flex what little power they had

That's a funny way to describe someone at their post carrying out their job. But ok, we can definitely agree to disagree on this one

Sounds like many a middle manager. And you just know the empire is full of admin bloat.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Privatise the Empire.
  • Don't know what you guys are moaning about.  I think it's a great comedy.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Disney Star Wars writing method..

giphy.gif?resize=418%2C315&ssl=1
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!