Documentaries Thread
  • It's so clearly bullshit
  • The journalist who is being credited with giving the kudos to this "investigation" has some output of his own.

https://youtu.be/K1viG6PRjiw
  • legaldinho wrote:
    It's so clearly bullshit

All of the cases in his books are real missing persons cases.

• Most people drown in water. There's a conspiracy sheeple.
  • Jesus ain't most people. That bad boy walks on the stuff.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • It's been awhile so here goes:

Genuinely hilarious (imo) look at Millwall supporters and 'football's violent subculture' in the 1970's. Features 'language not usually heard on television' as the straight laced BBC announcer's introduction so perceptively puts it. Catch up with Harry the Dog, F Troop, Treatment, poor simple Billy and the nutters of Millwall as they rampage across the (old) football league, kicking the shit out of all comers in the name of Millwall.

Favourite line: "I won't take it from a norvernner!" "He spits at me, he'll get a facking pint glass in his head!"

The dude with the aviator shades is my absolute favourite. Almost every line is pure gold. Props too, to Harry the Dog and his failed 'one man assault' on the Bristol City end.

Good Vietnam doc from the 80's. Not quite so hilarious.

The Clash innit. I'm not a massive fan but I still enjoyed this.

Whilst we're on a punk tip.

Bit o' World War II. You can't beat it. In my opinion the finest war of all.
  • WWII was a proper war.
    White hats v black hats.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Millwall was great. Ray Winstone's stunt double was good value.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    For sheer scale of chaos and variation in theatre there hasn't been anything like Word War 2. Desert, snow, jungle, forest, sea (north and south - on and under), air, land, stormed beaches , home fronts, resistance fighters, street by street hand to hand fighting, seiged cities, and insertion behind lines. An incredible happening in history.
  • Aye, definitely my favourite war.
  • It's in my top 3 wars
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    World War 2 also saw technology ranging from cavalry charge (Polish army - NOT against tanks which is a myth but was against German infantry and was a success) to nukes.
  • WW2 is too mainstream.

The original, great war was gritty and more of a horror.
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    WW2 is too mainstream. The original, great war was gritty and more of a horror.

I fucking hate sequels.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Matt_82 wrote:
    WW2 is too mainstream. The original, great war was gritty and more of a horror.

It was a horror show OK but I believe the Pacific campaign was pretty dreadful too. An island hopping exercise , each with dug in religous fanatics.  The Germans on the Eastern front and the British in the Malaysian jungle had a pretty torrid time too. WW2 looks prettier because of films like The Longest Day and The Great Escape. It was no romp.
  • Aw I was doing a Terminator 2 thing.  

I'm sure the Pacific campaign sucked, though.
  • Watched the Amanda Knox documentary on Netflix.  Didn't know all that much about the trial so it was fairly interesting.  Not particularly great, though.  

One interesting part was Trump showing up to say that he thought the president should get involved directly and sort it out.  I wonder if we can look forward to him wading into various court cases around the world in the future.
  • If you've got Sky, Hate thy Neighbour on Viceland is well worth a watch. The one with the EDL was equal parts fascinating, amusing, anger-inducing and ridiculous.
  • Im a bit late to the party but I watch Amanda Knox last night.
    Ill spoiler the rest:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Watched the latest Netflix original, Don't Speak, based around the Hulk Hogan/Peter Thiel v Gawker Media case, and then goes on to the story of the Las Vegas Review Journal And Trump's attacks on media. Good stuff. Thiel is a scary, crazy man.
  • Watched the latest Netflix original, Don't Speak, based around the Hulk Hogan/Peter Thiel v Gawker Media case, and then goes on to the story of the Las Vegas Review Journal And Trump's attacks on media. Good stuff. Thiel is a scary, crazy man.

Yup.  He seems to be a pretty big threat to press freedom at the moment.  He'd had his eye on gawker since they outed him a decade or so ago and sat there biding his time for the right case.  He's a horrible man pretending to be otherwise.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I roll my eyes at conspiracy theories, especially the "Diana was murdered" one , but this makes some interesting points and asks some interesting questions.

The fact that the inquest verdict - which happened after 2 failed attempts at being run without a jury - was "unlawfully killed" and not by the paparazzi is news to me. It wasn't an accident. It may have been negligent behaviour perhaps - but not an accident. There may well be a non-sinister explanation but still - something was covered up. It may just be the establishment protecting itself from embarrassing concidences or an influential and perhaps unstable woman's ramblings -  but then it might not be.

The thumbnail is misleading by the way - not sure how that image got to be there.

• Icarus on Netflix is a good look into the unraveling of the Russian doping scandal. Tries too hard to sensationalize the whole "omg kgb might do u a assassinate" part but it's fucked to see it all unfold.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!