Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Every little helps, themselves.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Oh, super meerkats.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Managed to get it in the end - couldn’t be arsed with the click and collect so it ended up being £40.

Still a good price I suppose.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Really enjoying this. Story, so far is the typical resi style horror, but the characters I’ve encountered so far have lifted this game above the quality of VII. 

Graphics and sound effects are amazing too.  Some real fab looking scenes so far, both in the village and in the castle. 

I woke up thinking about it this morning, so that has to be a good sign!
  • I’m only around 90 mins in, as I’m having a crazy week so far. However, I did do a little more last night and came across the rogue’s gallery of bad people for the first time. They looked imaginative and piqued my interest as to where the story was going. I then got into the castle and noped out, because it was too tense and I was too tired. I may need to take a day off to focus on this, because it looks quality and I want to do it justice.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I’ll be sending the game to CEX as soon as I’m done with it. 

Would any badgers interested instead?
  • Started this last night, couple of hours in and enjoying it, haven't played a resi since 4. For some reason I didn't think this was first person (did literally no research other than hearing good review scores) but got over that fairly quickly. It's pretty much unheard of for me to play games outside of the weekend but I can't wait to get back to this tonight.
  • I’ll be sending the game to CEX as soon as I’m done with it. 

Would any badgers interested instead?

I might be if it’s PS4/PS5?

• TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Xbox I’m afraid.
  • PM me when you're done and getting rid please.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Sure Wookie. 

Really loving it and I think I’ve fallen for the tall vamp lady and her sexy gang of vampire girls!
  • I'd let her do anything to me. Anything.
  • Just out of the castle, around 3 hours in. Fun so far.
  • After completing Returnal I was gonna go through my indie backlog but ended up getting this. Played a couple of hours so far and can see why people might like it but it's really doing nothing for me - bored to tears already. Will give it a couple more hours and see if it gets any better but if it continues like this it'll be a strong "this fucking blows" from me. 

Despite that, people seem to be really enjoying it, so that's good.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I'm just out of the castle too.  The build up to the exit was well paced and didn't involve the usual backtracking (well not much) between locations like the previous games which is a welcome bonus.

Shame its not pushing your buttons Minne.  Res VII did the same with me.  I really wanted to like it, but there was just something about the game that put me right off and I didn't get more than a hour or so in.

Out of interest, what difficulty are you all playing on?  I've gone for casual as I wanted the game to feel more like a hammy horror film than tough survival horror fest that I was destined to die 1000 times to complete.
  • I'm on normal, and I'll give the game a bit more time. Think we're at a similar point, so would be interested in seeing how you get on with the game on casual - might drop down if i fancy just enjoying that hammy horror experience, as you put it.
  • I find easier settings are the way to go with the (comparatively) clunky survival horror types.  I don't mind dying in zip, dash, pew pew 3D games, but for the ones where it feels more like you're looking through the eyes/over the shoulder of a remote control dinosaur it gets in the way of the fun.  I enjoyed The Evil Within 2 and the Resident Evil 2 remake after shaky starts, but only because I dropped both down to breezy mode.
  • Yeah - i'm not really struggling difficulty-wise at the mo, tbh, though that could change - who knows? But, if i'm not enjoying it that much and I still wanna see the different environments, set-pieces etc. then pushing the difficulty down is just an easy way to remove friction to get there. Will play some more after work tonight, anyway, and it might be I change my mind on the game. It might also just be a case of a game coming after Returnal having a hard time.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm the opposite. Started this and am absolutely loving it and didn't want to go to bed. It's so compelling. I've never even really liked Resi Evil before. I have no desire to...return...to Returnal until its done. Maybe not even after that.
  • I'm playing on Normal, must be a good 5 hours in now and have died once out of stupidity. I have frustratingly looked up where to go/what to do next three times when I found myself lost having explored every available part of the map to me. I've never got on with resi outside of 4 before, always wanted to because I like the settings, but I'm an action man at heart. This is balanced nicely between the two.

Re. where I was lost/stuck, they were probably obvious to experienced Resi players but damn I could've played for many hours without figuring a couple of them out.
  • I have reached the part of this where it’s throwing enemies at me like confetti at a wedding. I’m a walking killing machine too, with more bullets and mines than I know what to do with. I’m having be a good time but it’s a shame all the depth and nuance in the combat is totally absent. Game’s a fucking looker though. Hats off to Capcom.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Is this up there with Resi 4?
  • Not really, it's not as good as RE2:Remake either.

I'd currently say it's joint with 7 for fun, just better enemies. Lack of mood and scares though. That points it in joint fourth place, after 4, Remake, and RE2:Remake.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Oh ok will wait for it on offer/GamePass.
  • Are you on PS4 or PS5, Temps? The visuals are grand for me but not mind blowing, basically what I expected from a title on PS4 at this stage in its life.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Game’s a fucking looker though.

It really is. Both 7 and 8 have some issues when you get up close to textures and it seems to be an RE engine thing as that happened a bit in the Remakes as well, but those small issues aside - it's stuning to look at. Lighting, character models and environments in general are properly good. There's some real talent in that art team.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Are you on PS4 or PS5, Temps? The visuals are grand for me but not mind blowing, basically what I expected from a title on PS4 at this stage in its life.

From a mutli-plat? Not sure what it's like on PS4, but some of these interiors are the best i've seen from a non-exclusive this gen (or, technically, last gen). That said, I'm playing on PS5. Assume Tempy is PS4 or PC.
  • Playing on PC. It’s not so much quality texture but density and non-standard shapes that I am enjoying. The Village itself is very higgledypiggledy and it’s great. Partner is impressed with the visual work. Lighting in the RE engine is phenomenal as per. Extremely good depth and contrast going on.
  • I'm probably being harsh, it's definitely good looking.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I have reached the part of this where it’s throwing enemies at me like confetti at a wedding.

Did you send out those invitations?  I said no more than 50 people!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!