Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    My amp needed some dry joints resoldering which I did myself and since then it has been faultless. I can get the Onkyo TX-NR515 from Richer for £430, it has received rave reviews and it does come with 7.2 (or 5.1 if you bi-wire the fronts which I currently do) but it is the 8 HDMI's that is a big bonus. I may give it a month or so and see how I feel, like I say there is nothing wrong with my current set-up but I'm in a position where I have to swap the leads between Apple TV and the PS3...
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Since I'm running 2009 5.1 I need to run the PS3 HDMI direct into the TV to get the 3d pass through and run the optical into the Onkyo for surround. 
    The Wii still goes in a similar fashion (component into TV, audio through amp). 

It means I need 2 controllers still but could fix that with a universal remote thing. Can you not do something similar? Swapping controllers is a bit of a pisser but swapping leads?? Sheesh that'd force me to break out the wallet..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Luckily the PS3 hardly ever gets switched on and the Apple TV sits on top of it so it's not too much hassle. The amp is going to have to wait now as I've just gone an impulse bought a 2x 12" sub and Kenwood rears for the car, it's not left much space in the boot for shopping!
  • Just bought some NFC tags. So now I just wave my phone near a little sticker and it turns the volume up, WiFi on, send sends my wife a text saying I'm on my way home, and launches the music app. It's the future, but now.
  • Lumia owners, after the recent WP7 update, have you had the 'a new update is available' message roughly a day later, or is it just me? I've updated the phone twice now only for this message to appear again the next day. When connecting to my Mac, it is the same update it wants me to download (improved messaging functionality in the main).
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I've got an onkyo thing. It works well, will check which one when I am home.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'll be taking delivery tomorrow of a Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover (well I should be as I've paid for next day delivery), I like my current smart cover but it can be pain posting here sometimes so hopefully having a proper keyboard might help.
  • I am toying with the idea of getting one of these fly/insect killer shotguns!

Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I want one that ejects flies at high velocity.
  • OK. Was due a phone upgrade and got the Galaxy S3.

Now I own an iPhone 4S and a Galaxy S3.

I dont know which to keep...
  • I have the S3 so you should probably get rid of it.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    I have the S3 so you should probably get rid of it.

I like the bigger screen. But it seems less speedy. Plus it's crashed more times in the last few days than my iPhone in 6 months.

SO OK.
  • Oh, that's just the facial recognition thing going haywire when it sees you. 

As in you.
  • This is the one i have and it works really well.

fcqp3c.jpg
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • My S3 hasn't crashed once since I got it. Lovely thing it is.

Yours is broke.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    There's an S3 update going out today that fixes some things but removes local results from search. Something to do with Apple patent fight. If you want to keep that you're advised not to install it.
  • Pretty sure you can always search again.
  • Ah, now I understand.  Didn't realise it was doing that up until now.
  • google wrote:
    OK. Was due a phone upgrade and got the Galaxy S3. Now I own an iPhone 4S and a Galaxy S3. I dont know which to keep...

If you haven't sold your iPhone 4S, I'll probably buy it.  If it's for sale, natch.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
  • Dear Bears.

Anyone got a decent ipod speaker they can recommend? It needs to be battery operated (ideally with a mains option too) and loud. Ill be using it for syncing while recording music videos so the sound doesnt need to be perfect, just loud.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Someone at work had one of those. Surprising amount of loud clear sound from such a teeny thing.

How loud do you need Three? Drowning out speech loud?
  • Looks good. 'Drowning out speech' is about right. Needs to be loud enough for the band playing to be able to hear it. Although if its a full on 'stop this filth' drums an'all band then I doubt they'd be much outside of a full hi-fi system that they'd hear.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    He says that but doesn't say why
    This is seen by commentators to be a reference to the inclusion of a Windows Store in the Microsoft operating system.

This is a shop through which users will be able to buy apps for their Windows 8 device.

On some versions of Windows 8, it will be the only way to get downloadable software such as games.

Microsoft takes a cut, up to 30%, of every sale made through this store.

This could be a significant threat to the massively successful Steam online game store that Valve runs and which gives it a commission on every title sold through the online market.

A Windows Store closed to everyone but Microsoft might reduce the range of games available for sale through Steam.

Windows 8's links with Microsoft's Xbox Live online game service could also dent the appeal of Steam for many people.
    Ahhh, there we go.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Reminder, this is the same Newell that declared the PS3 "a total disaster on so many levels" and "a waste of everybody's time"..right up until Sony started letting him do what he wanted.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Reminder, this is the same Newell that declared the PS3 "a total disaster on so many levels" and "a waste of everybody's time"..right up until Sony started letting him do what he wanted.

I was just thinking about that.  So Windows 8 is a "catastrophe," because it'll have a Windows Store where people can buy games?  He doesn't seem to be as vocal about OSX, which also has an App Store full of games, but where Steam coexists quite happily.
  • Think the 'problem' is that the only way Valve can operate if they wanted to move a steam like service onto RT tablets is to give MS 30% of their revenue. It's the same issue that magazine publishers had with Apple on subscriptions.

So maybe he's trying to scare Microsoft with a threat that they'll move to Linux if necessary and take a load of gamers with them. Not going to happen.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!