Currently Playing
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Fired up Doom Eternal on ultra settings and oh my. I could never dream of playing a game like this on console ever again - it's made for mouse and keyboard. It's fucking rapid. No wonder I bounced hard on console. Getting those precision shots is practically impossible with a controller without large amounts of aim assist. It's just not the same.
    Got the first Doom as a gift on PlayStation before I had it on PC.  Never had any intention of playing it.
  • Had a little whizz round on Pine which is free on Epic and it seems like a lovely little cheerful game.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales
    Not really into CCGs but I'm enjoying this. Eases you into the deck building stuff and I'm more pulled in by the story than in most games, probably because I'm familiar with the world already.
  • Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Not really into CCGs but I'm enjoying this. Eases you into the deck building stuff and I'm more pulled in by the story than in most games, probably because I'm familiar with the world already.
    It is quite good but gets a bit samey as it goes on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Code Vein (game pass.) First impressions: oh it's anime/vampire Dark Souls. It's OK. The atmosphere isn't grabbing me and the combat seems easy and the characters are a bit irritating.
  • Started AC Valhalla on ps5 and hmmm Im not sure. Only an hour or so in but Im not liking the feel. Doesnt control as well as Tsushima I think. There is just something about the game I cant put my finger on that I dislike. Maybe thing change once I reach Engerland.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yeah once you start leveling up and you become a badass it all comes together.

Norway is just a glorified tutorial
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Dabbled with a couple of games tonight as I've been kicked off the downstairs TV.

Lego Forza seems fine, I'll play this properly at some point.

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order seems just about good enough to stick with. The Uncharted bits aren't great but they'll do, combat feels solid so far. I started it a month or so back and I can't remember if the main character's rubbish face is my fault or not.
  • Elite is worming into my brain when I'm not playing it.  It's fucking great.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Dabbled with a couple of games tonight as I've been kicked off the downstairs TV. Lego Forza seems fine, I'll play this properly at some point. Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order seems just about good enough to stick with. The Uncharted bits aren't great but they'll do, combat feels solid so far. I started it a month or so back and I can't remember if the main character's rubbish face is my fault or not.

He has the widest mouth I think I’ve ever seen.  Facially, he’s a hideous creation.
  • I assume an office prankster tinkered with a mouth width slider for him and made the female character's eyeballs as big as possible, then it accidentally shipped before anyone spotted it.

Does it only save at the meditation spots?
  • I've reached a supposedly hidden planet and I'm not sure I'm into it now. The map is annoying. Will try again another time.
  • LOL the way he goes up ropes is amazing.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I didn't notice the wide gob but the black lass definitely has alarming eyeballs
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Dabbled with a couple of games tonight as I've been kicked off the downstairs TV. Lego Forza seems fine, I'll play this properly at some point.

I just started taht. My only complaint is a lot of non-lego cars in it??

I also started Hades.. So far so good. Although I'm dying a lot.. It was quite amusing when he mentioned he thought we'd got to a new bit. .
    The Forum Herald™
  • I haven't seen any non Lego cars yet but I've only done the intro and a couple of races.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    There’s only

Spoiler:

Lego cars available. I don’t think you get the last one until you’ve basically completed everything.
  • So, Pine on PC then. Anyone playing it? Seemed nice enough until I got the tutorial out the way and got to the BotW style open world reveal - wandered for a minute and then got my ass handed to me by enemies that seem way too powerful for me. A short sharp shock wow lol.
  • I recently saw a review of Subnautica Below Zero. Which led me to a review of Subnautica which I hadnt played. I dont do survival games but the review convinced me (plus I have it free on ps5) so I played half an hour last night. Its surprisingly gripping. Looks great and an interesting setup. When it gets dark at night its proper fucking dark. Ill be staying on the escape pod at night for now...
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Subnautica is really good, very immersive (hah).
  • Subnautica is good but the final grind is a massive piss take. Below Zero is a lot more focussed and streamlined, but the magic fades a lot quicker. The narrative stuff is also OK, but not amazingly compelling or novel. I liked it overall, but whatever they do next will need an injection of inspiration.
  • Going to buy Below Zero soon, absolutely adored the original, in my top 5 gaming experiences ever. I strongly recommend going in completely blind, it was such a joy not knowing about any of the tech and gadgets and discovering them for the first time.

It wasn't without some roughness though, like I wonder if disabling all but the first 4 threads with set affinity in task manager to make the game run way smoother is still a thing?
  • Played it on console and performance was ghastly. I also turned the need for constant food and water off as I don't see how it adds anything but stress to an already quite stressful game.

The core game is amazing though. The mystery of the deep, the creatures, undiscovered locations way down deep, and the various tools and vehicles.

Great game. I wonder if they've boosted it for PS5?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Performance was fine on One X. O didn't really enjoy the game tho, not really my bag
  • A third of the way through a second playthrough of Headmaster on PSVR. After Astro Bot this is the best reason to own the headset imo, I absolutely love it. The added party mode is great too, plus there's some lost levels DLC now. Superb game.
  • Going to buy Below Zero soon, absolutely adored the original, in my top 5 gaming experiences ever. I strongly recommend going in completely blind, it was such a joy not knowing about any of the tech and gadgets and discovering them for the first time. It wasn't without some roughness though, like I wonder if disabling all but the first 4 threads with set affinity in task manager to make the game run way smoother is still a thing?
    Playing it on the switch, defo a truly memorable gaming experience
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Just started playing Control. Holy. Fucking. Shit. Absolutely brilliant so far - incredibly atmospheric and very fucking weird with a brilliant world being built. Just my thing.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    Just started playing Control. Holy. Fucking. Shit. Absolutely brilliant so far - incredibly atmospheric and very fucking weird with a brilliant world being built. Just my thing.

I loved it, Grem. Did my second play-through with the DLC recently. I’d recommend doing some side missions, particularly those linked to objects, as you get some decent extra powers and upgrades. I missed the possession power the first time.

• I keep getting killed by the first flying hiss thing because it is a dick.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!